Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

Chance, Blake and Levi are other Texas boys names. Dillon was up there too.

BTW, Colgate would love to have a stadium as nice as McKinney's

stadium-overhead.jpg
Just the lower section of that stadium is better than any HS football stadium I have seen in upstate NY. Amazing.

We'll see how good you are if DeVito goes down.
Honestly think we'll be just fine. Everything is sunshine and rainbows. Even my comments in the game threads... New year, I'm a whole different person.

I am much more comfortable after seeing his mother post about being proud of him being from Texas and attending Syracuse. I like this kid’s film. Hoping he is under the radar and ends up being half as good as Dungey was.
Not saying Dungey wasn't but I want to see him better. Can you imagine that. wow.

After watching the tape again, his pocket presence really stands out to me. He stood in there with pressure bearing down a good amount and still completed some tough throws while taking a hit, but also was able to escape some pressure when there was nothing open.
Ok so what's the reason nobody wanted him? Grades? A tractor story?

The film is as impressive as any I've watched for a QB. Pocket passer check, Throw on the run accurately check, size check, running ability check. Doesn't make sense. But I like it.

Well, if it continues to be like this for people Gilbert is recruiting and then his offense is as good as his recruiting has been, we better give this man a Venables like contract

It sure looks like Dino et al have been looking for size in QB's...Markiewicz is 6'5" & 220 lbs and Morgan is 6'4" & 200 lbs? Both can throw the ball for distance. For perhaps plan C options, these guys look promising.

It sure looks like Dino et al have been looking for size in QB's...Markiewicz is 6'5" & 220 lbs and Morgan is 6'4" & 200 lbs? Both can throw the ball for distance. For perhaps plan C options, these guys look promising.

Markeiwicz's lack of offers defies explanation. His film, field vision, touch, accuracy, deep ball, and production against 5A competition in Texas makes him seem like a very, very solid prospect with tremendous upside.

It sounds as though the staff really likes Morgan, and he showed nice accuracy on deep throws, as well. Nice physical tools, but seems like more of a project.

BUT, we needed to restock the pipeline and add depth to the QB room, and we've done that. Hope they both develop -- may the best player win.

1580320801582.png

Katy, TX. Just to the North (the white top) is the second stadium. The facade that says Legacy Stadium is video board on the other side.

Then that should quiet people down.
Boise State is legit. Obviously isn’t plan A or B but atleast we got some depth now.
It looks like this kid passed for the most yards in TX HSFB this year so that looks good.
Boise State also offered Daylin McLemore.

After watching the tape again, his pocket presence really stands out to me. He stood in there with pressure bearing down a good amount and still completed some tough throws while taking a hit, but also was able to escape some pressure when there was nothing open.
I hate to say this given his inexplicable lack of offers and the fact that signing day is still a week out, but I liked everything about his tape...

Then that should quiet people down.
Boise State is legit. Obviously isn’t plan A or B but atleast we got some depth now.
It looks like this kid passed for the most yards in TX HSFB this year so that looks good.

I like him as a prospect, still can't explain the lack of offers based on his tape and his unreal statistics his senior year in Texas.

This lessens my concern about the future pipeline but the contingency for DeVito in the case of injury for next season is still a major concern in my opinion. I remember 2 seasons where Dungey went down with little behind him and what could have been borderline bowl seasons turned into losers.

I like him as a prospect, still can't explain the lack of offers based on his tape and his unreal statistics his senior year in Texas.

This lessens my concern about the future pipeline but the contingency for DeVito in the case of injury for next season is still a major concern in my opinion. I remember 2 seasons where Dungey went down with little behind him and what could have been borderline bowl seasons turned into losers.

Think that's the case most places. When we knocked Lawrence out of the game 2 years ago, Brice who was Elite 11 if I remember correctly couldn't make the offense function besides handing it off to Etienne and that's while surrounded by all 4 and 5 stars. Kid couldn't complete a pass downfield...until 4th down.