Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

So my random question just based on film.. why would Summers, who we no idea how he developed, but in watching film why would he be rated so much higher than Either of the two QBs we just go verbals from.. I get the Miss kid, but the this kid from TX has better film and probably played against much higher talent in texas and if you go by the recruiting sites Summers is looked at as a far better prospect

I think he has a funky release or some type of hitch in the release. Hard to put my finger on it. I’m surprised nobody else has mentioned it though as it seems obvious to me but I’m not a QB guru.

Summers motion isn’t perfect either but looks a little more fluid to me. He was no slouch 3,000 and 39.

I think they’re very similar actually.

Chance, Blake and Levi are other Texas boys names. Dillon was up there too.

BTW, Colgate would love to have a stadium as nice as McKinney's

I think the stadium is shared by 2-3 High Schools in McKinney ISD (Independent School District)

stadium-overhead.jpg

Those are our first generation LED fixtures. Crazy how many TX high school stadiums have those. Better than most colleges and some pros.

View attachment 176022

Katy, TX. Just to the North (the white top) is the second stadium. The facade that says Legacy Stadium is video board on the other side.
I was just there a couple weeks ago. In the distance if you zoom, there is another HS stadium right next door.

Attachments

• 510A977D-03C5-4D6D-BC65-6A4E8FC1F2C4.jpeg
    510A977D-03C5-4D6D-BC65-6A4E8FC1F2C4.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 23B0AB80-6800-48D2-9A89-F2CAD6081044.jpeg
    23B0AB80-6800-48D2-9A89-F2CAD6081044.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 0DE42269-A49E-4922-B8A6-65098FAC7E57.jpeg
    0DE42269-A49E-4922-B8A6-65098FAC7E57.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 3ACF9057-6528-44CB-9E06-50EB443D6F5A.jpeg
    3ACF9057-6528-44CB-9E06-50EB443D6F5A.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 142
I think he has a funky release or some type of hitch in the release. Hard to put my finger on it. I’m surprised nobody else has mentioned it though as it seems obvious to me but I’m not a QB guru.

Summers motion isn’t perfect either but looks a little more fluid to me. He was no slouch 3,000 and 39.

Watching his highlights year over year you can see the growth. He does look like he has a hitch but not on every throw.

One thing I also noticed, and it appears to improve every year is there are quite a few throws on highlights where the ball is underthrown a little or slightly behind the receiver. Nothing egregious but it was at least noticeable to me. Looks like they have some talented receivers as in the highlights there is a lot of separation in many of the throws.

Not any kind of expert on technique either and almost looks like part of it is receivers are getting a break even before Dillon sets to throw too. Interesting prospect for sure.

I was just there a couple weeks ago. In the distance if you zoom, there is another HS stadium right next door.
Cool.

What ever happened with that local project your company was bidding on? Are you allowed to comment on it?

I noticed it too. I also noticed him throwing some wobbly passes that should be more tighter. Then he threw some passes that threaded the needle. He’s all over the place .

That's actually a pretty special place for a movie to occupy.
Sounds like a good idea for a new thread...it would certainly start some debates, especially as to what is "garbage" or what is considered "entertaining." You know, "One man's trash is another man's treasure," and all that...

Sounds like a good idea for a new thread...it would certainly start some debates, especially as to what is "garbage" or what is considered "entertaining." You know, "One man's trash is another man's treasure," and all that...
Yeah, the good bad movie might actually be my favorite genre.

Land of the Lost

After watching the tape again, his pocket presence really stands out to me. He stood in there with pressure bearing down a good amount and still completed some tough throws while taking a hit, but also was able to escape some pressure when there was nothing open.

agreed and I’d add that pocket presence/buying time and an ability to tuck the ball and run from time to time are not only essential in today’s game but essential to Dino’s offense, at least if it’s run the way we’ve seen it the past few years.

Yeah, I said that in my post. lol. You come to Katy often?

Yeah, I said that in my post. lol. You come to Katy often?
Sorry, I missed that. That was my first trip there actually. I clue when or if I’ll need to go back.

This morning I was checking back through a coaches on the road thread from 2018. Interesting Coach Martin, who is still out recruiting, visited McKinney. Just a fwiw.
Definitely looks like he's sticking around. The question is do they switch him to a different position or in an off the field role. Would love to get another good recruiter from our recruiting footprint in. I'll take Ohio, MD, Florida, Tristate.