Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

Ok so what's the reason nobody wanted him? Grades? A tractor story?
Maybe coaches heard no other players went to his birthday party.
18AC6A52-CE7D-4652-8BF0-A91D37020204.jpeg

Chance, Blake and Levi are other Texas boys names. Dillon was up there too.

BTW, Colgate would love to have a stadium as nice as McKinney's

I think the stadium is shared by 2-3 High Schools in McKinney ISD (Independent School District)

stadium-overhead.jpg
Very nice. 69.9 million for 12000 seats.

For comparison, our HS field turf 3200 seat, 2000 plus standing room cost 800k. As a taxpayer, I'm not sure if I'd like spending 69 million more for a little more than double capacity. Our 2000 student new school was 15-20 million less that that.

If our spending ratio had been the same, the school would have been 4.5 billion.

Last edited:
Markeiwicz's lack of offers defies explanation. His film, field vision, touch, accuracy, deep ball, and production against 5A competition in Texas makes him seem like a very, very solid prospect with tremendous upside.

It sounds as though the staff really likes Morgan, and he showed nice accuracy on deep throws, as well. Nice physical tools, but seems like more of a project.

BUT, we needed to restock the pipeline and add depth to the QB room, and we've done that. Hope they both develop -- may the best player win.

IMO, the lack of D-1 offers came down to 2 things:

1) Arm strength. It's not a big arm, average overall arm strength for P5.
2) Fairly refined - I don't think there is a lot of "upside" as you traditionally think about it. Personally, think there is some of what you see is what you get, as mechanically is pretty solid. I think he is more of a high floor prospect.

You have an upside take in Morgan. If he fails, you have a high floor prospect in Markiewicz, whom I think could challenge for the back-up job as a true freshman since he played the best HS competition of anyone presently in the QB room . Great size, accurate, mobile. I feel like Leach had a field day with those types of QB's at Washington State. Kellen Moore at Boise didn't have a big arm either, but man, was he super accurate.

Two really good complements to each other. If you had to take 2 QB's in late January, can't imagine it coming together much better.

Sterlin and Jimmy Garoppolo

Q: Can you explain the influence Dino Babers had on you?

"Yeah, my first two years of college didn't go too well. And coach Babers came in my junior year and senior year and things really turned around. We won back-to-back conference championships. His style of offense really changed our team as a whole and really accelerated my career."

ht: orangenirvana

Excellent!! He’s the one I liked the most of the three discussed the last week.

I just hope we put a buy out in his offer.

We’re not Michigan:p

So my random question just based on film.. why would Summers, who we no idea how he developed, but in watching film why would he be rated so much higher than Either of the two QBs we just go verbals from.. I get the Miss kid, but the this kid from TX has better film and probably played against much higher talent in texas and if you go by the recruiting sites Summers is looked at as a far better prospect

Who’s Kurt Russell? How old do you have to be to know if he’s an old football player, politician or something?

So my random question just based on film.. why would Summers, who we no idea how he developed, but in watching film why would he be rated so much higher than Either of the two QBs we just go verbals from.. I get the Miss kid, but the this kid from TX has better film and probably played against much higher talent in texas and if you go by the recruiting sites Summers is looked at as a far better prospect

$64,000 question

Who’s Kurt Russell? How old do you have to be to know if he’s an old football player, politician or something?

You’d have to not have been living under a rock for the past 6+ decades or so.

He’s been in recent movies like The Hateful Eight & Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

So you’d need to be old enough to have seen the PG13 2017 blockbuster sequel movie, which means you’d be 15, going on 16 right now. ;)

Last edited:
Its back to the same old thing.. recruiting sites only look at a subset of the kids and the rest is just done off random facts of offers and size.

he was in over 100 movies you really need to not watch movies to have missed him.

just a few of his big ones

once upon a time in hollywood last yr

fast and furious movies
guardians movies
sky high from 2005
miracle 2004
tombstone from the 90s
captain Ron
backdraft from the 80s
overboard

of course big trouble in little china

the thing from the 80s
escape from ny

tons of disney stuff from the 70s

daniel boone from the 60s

he was in over 100 movies you really need to not watch movies to have missed him.

fast and furious movies
guardians movies
sky high from 2005
miracle 2004
tombstone from the 90s
captain Ron
backdraft from the 80s
overboard

the thing from the 80s
escape from ny

"Dreamer" was a very good movie with Kris Kristofferson and Dakota Fanning

Just the lower section of that stadium is better than any HS football stadium I have seen in upstate NY. Amazing.
Well, at least we have bankrupt schools, mass exodus of people, and dilapidating infrastructure going for us.

fast and furious movies
guardians movies
sky high from 2005
miracle 2004
tombstone from the 90s
captain Ron
backdraft from the 80s
overboard

the thing from the 80s
escape from ny

And his partner is Goldie Hawn!

IMO, the lack of D-1 offers came down to 2 things:

1) Arm strength. It's not a big arm, average overall arm strength for P5.
2) Fairly refined - I don't think there is a lot of "upside" as you traditionally think about it. Personally, think there is some of what you see is what you get, as mechanically is pretty solid. I think he is more of a high floor prospect.

You have an upside take in Morgan. If he fails, you have a high floor prospect in Markiewicz, whom I think could challenge for the back-up job as a true freshman since he played the best HS competition of anyone presently in the QB room . Great size, accurate, mobile. I feel like Leach had a field day with those types of QB's at Washington State. Kellen Moore at Boise didn't have a big arm either, but man, was he super accurate.

Two really good complements to each other. If you had to take 2 QB's in late January, can't imagine it coming together much better.

A highly accurate QB can do a lot of damage in this offense. With tall, speedy receivers at the outside receiver position, average arm strength and high accuracy can lead to those 30-40 yard completions consistently that become break away TD’s.