Class of 2020 - QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dillon Markiewicz (TX) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/20)

What I don’t understand (unless the coach isn’t saying which is possible), is why wouldn’t he ask for an honest assessment from any of the big Texas programs that likely send staff through his area regularly to scout talent? He probably has a good relationship with several of them... “Hey Bill, what is Dillon lacking or need to improve upon to get serious interest from TCU, A&M, TX, etc...” He only lead the state in passing yards (or close to it.). Any college scout who is smart enough not to feed the guy BS and provide an honest assessment stands to build on his relationship which is a benefit to both sides.

The easy answer is that this HS coach did a bad job marketing this kid to colleges but I highly doubt a 5A TX HC would be able to get away with that. Especially to his QB. Something doesn’t add up but am glad it helps us.

Right behind Tombstone.

Right behind The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

Anyone...Anyone...

1580426091333.png

Who’s Kurt Russell? How old do you have to be to know if he’s an old football player, politician or something?
I’m an old fart. I’ve never seen a Kurt Russell movie but I sure as hell know who he is.

This recruitment feels like the Seinfeld episode where Jerry meets the perfect woman but something is off and he can’t quite figure it out.
I remember that one.

I’m an old fart. I’ve never seen a Kurt Russell movie but I sure as hell know who he is.
I don‘t know how you can grow up in the US, have a TV in your household, be over 20 and not have seen a single Kurt Russell movie. Even if you made it your mission in life to avoid ever seeing him in a movie, it would be a tremendously difficult task to complete.

I don’t think I can go through all my channels and not find a single movie on that he appeared in.
He is the cable king.

You either grew up in another country, are Amish or are one of those people who grew up off the grid in a log cabin more than 100 miles from a city with a theatre.

I am right?

Back to Dillon. I am impressed with how well he throws on the run. With the recent OLs we have had, that could prove to be an essential attribute to be successful as a Syracuse QB.

Back to Dillon. I am impressed with how well he throws on the run. With the recent OLs we have had, that could prove to be an essential attribute to be successful as a Syracuse QB.
I don't believe it's a Syracuse issue-It's true with any OL. With the amount of blitzing nowadays, even with a good OL, a QB has to be able to throw on the run well to be successful. You think Burrow didn't have to throw on the run?

Ahh yes , it was Val Kilmer that stole the show in Tombstone , do we have any recruits that look like Doc.
labrosse could potentially pass as Iceman

I don't believe it's a Syracuse issue-It's true with any OL. With the amount of blitzing nowadays, even with a good OL, a QB has to be able to throw on the run well to be successful. You think Burrow didn't have to throw on the run?
I disagree. Tommy was running for his life all season long. We had a historically troubled OL in 2019. If you think what he had to deal with last season (and what Eric had to deal with in 2018) is the same thing Joe Burrow dealt with at LSU this season, I suspect you do not watch much college football.

Eric's mobility and athletic ability allowed the offense to overcome chronic issues with the OL in 2018. I think the biggest reason the offense struggled in 2019 was because we were lacking in these areas (plus the QB struggled with reads, particularly blitzes).

I disagree. Tommy was running for his life all season long. We had a historically troubled OL in 2019. If you think what he had to deal with last season (and what Eric had to deal with in 2018) is the same thing Joe Burrow dealt with at LSU this season, I suspect you do not watch much college football.

Eric's mobility and athletic ability allowed the offense to overcome chronic issues with the OL in 2018. I think the biggest reason the offense struggled in 2019 was because we were lacking in these areas (plus the QB struggled with reads, particularly blitzes).
Think losing Strickland at HB left a hole in the O recognizing coverages and calling out blitz schemes?

Think losing Strickland at HB left a hole in the O recognizing coverages and calling out blitz schemes?
No question his experience and blocking ability was missed. There was a lot of contributing factors. I think Tommy had some responsibility, the OL a lot, the WRs had some and the OC played a part in the meltdown too.

I am saying that if you have a QB who can make plays outside the pocket, it helps mitigate issues with pass blocking. I don't think Dillon will ever be close to the playmaker that Eric was, but it looks like he can make throws and extend plays running to his left or his right. That could be a big deal for this offense some day.