Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

Not counting my chickens in QB recruiting until the prospects committed and signed. Lamson was good but the rest of QB recruiting the past few years has been tough.
Do you count Shredder as a QB recruit or no?

I will say we got Shredder and Lamson as soon as we switched coordinators and QB coaches and I don’t think it was a coincidence

Do you count Shredder as a QB recruit or no?

I will say we got Shredder and Lamson as soon as we switched coordinators and QB coaches and I don’t think it was a coincidence
With the portal environment Im
not counting it. We need organic hs recruiting too. Dino and staff are paid well.

Props to Gilbert but need consistency, lets see us string classes together right?

200.gif

Looks like another complete failure on the part of football recruiting. SU must be getting blasted on the recruiting trail.

Cuse has some young talent at QB and maybe he sees the same thing.
If he's worried about our QB room then he's going to need to head outside of the P5. I'm as optimistic as anyone about our QB depth right now and happy that it appears to be the best it has been in a LONG time but there are 0 P5 level QB recruits worried about it.

Yup been hearing he's leaning towards Duke for awhile. Academics is a big piece.
You can’t fault a kid for wanting the best free education he can get. It isn’t discussed much, but Syracuse University rising in academic rating will help recruiting. Obviously winning does that better than anything. Getting guys into the NFL helps a ton, too. But, sometimes the difference is the academics.

Seems he isn't afraid of competition, just that academics were a huge part of his search.

Disappointing of the staff but we're in much better shape in the QB room than we were a year ago.

Meh. NY sucks for football crootin.

No point in locking it down, when we can get guys from FL or elsewhere who are as good or better than the ‘top’ NY guys.
Sure but for a priority in state QB recruit this is concerning imo.

we landed Lamson but that is pretty much it for reputable QB HS recruiting during Dino’s time. Morgan, Tex etc filled out classes and we’re lucky to have them. But the consistent QB whiffs makes it hard to build or sustain any kind of program success. It is still fairly early though, on the bright side.

This is a big oooooooffff no?

Weren’t we the lead player for a while?

Even tho we like to say that our 1 win season didn’t count last year because of COVID and every other excuse, it’s clearly mattering to the recruits

Sure but for a priority in state QB recruit this is concerning imo.

we landed Lamson but that is pretty much it for reputable QB HS recruiting during Dino’s time. Morgan, Tex etc filled out classes and we’re lucky to have them. But the consistent QB whiffs makes it hard to build or sustain any kind of program success. It is still fairly early though, on the bright side.

So - Tommy D isn’t a reputable QB recruit?
Or are you saying he’s a whiff?

Maybe Belin didn’t really want to stay in-state?
Some kids wanna get outta Dodge for college.

Duke is better academically.
Can’t debate that.

And Cutcliffe has a better track record with QB’s, and isn’t on the hot seat right now.

just recruit HARDER!!! :rolleyes:

So - Tommy D isn’t a reputable QB recruit?
Or are you saying he’s a whiff?

Maybe Belin didn’t really want to stay in-state?
Some kids wanna get outta Dodge for college.

Duke is better academically.
Can’t debate that.

And Cutcliffe has a better track record with QB’s, and isn’t on the hot seat right now.

just recruit HARDER!!! :rolleyes:

Cutcliffe is the big winner on this one, he’s a phenomenal qb coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom