Class of 2022 - QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Henry Belin IV (NY) Offered

I would go to Duke to.

Sure but for a priority in state QB recruit this is concerning imo.

we landed Lamson but that is pretty much it for reputable QB HS recruiting during Dino’s time. Morgan, Tex etc filled out classes and we’re lucky to have them. But the consistent QB whiffs makes it hard to build or sustain any kind of program success. It is still fairly early though, on the bright side.

If all 3 of those QBs played in NY they'd have been rated 4 stars. NY QBs whiff is way more common than hits though. I like Belin but whatever.

Is he though? What "great" QBs has he coached in the last 10 years?

Daniel Jones (college not pro) and ???

I mean, he will always have Eli Manning and Peyton Manning to hang his hat on…..

I understand not last 10 years but……

I think high school teammates Fuentes and Mathew need to have Belin down for an unofficial visit VERY soon. I would think that could help sway him our direction.
They did all that. Those two were recruiting him hard. Swag daddy was the primary. Props to duke. They obviously have something they can offer than he likes.

Is he though? What "great" QBs has he coached in the last 10 years?

Daniel Jones (college not pro) and ???
And ours is… Dungey (college not pro) and ???

Dino is engaging and I would allow my son to play for him. But we have developed exactly 0 offensive draft picks under him. And 0 since 2013. That’s a long time.

Dino is engaging and I would allow my son to play for him. But we have developed exactly 0 offensive draft picks under him. And 0 since 2013. That’s a long time.

Cutcliff also got Sean Renfree a shot in the league.

If going back 10 years you have to go Dino's 10 years and not Syracuse's. Give Dino credit for Jimmy Garoppolo in 2014. Even though it was a different program he was the head coach and it was his offense. And he had the fat pirate Matt Johnson in 2015 that passed for 5000 yards and 46 TD's.

Staff has no part of New York locked down. Low point.

Marrone really did everything he possibly could to make a play for NYC and Long Island and he was never near locking it down. Had some nice recruiting wins (Brandon Reddish, Wayne Morgan) but still missed out on most of the top recruits out of that area annually. And concentration wise vs talent, NYC is the most logical spot to put resources.

It would be nice to see us own upstate for the 3-4 prospects annually that are worth chasing but we're better served putting our resources in Georgia and Florida all things equal. Even with NYC for example, which I think has the most upside for recruiting of any part of NYS, Florida or Georgia's 2nd tier recruits we have historically had better luck with than sleeper downstate NYC area prospects.

Marrone really did everything he possibly could to make a play for NYC and Long Island and he was never near locking it down. Had some nice recruiting wins (Brandon Reddish, Wayne Morgan) but still missed out on most of the top recruits out of that area annually. And concentration wise vs talent, NYC is the most logical spot to put resources.

It would be nice to see us own upstate for the 3-4 prospects annually that are worth chasing but we're better served putting our resources in Georgia and Florida all things equal. Even with NYC for example, which I think has the most upside for recruiting of any part of NYS, Florida or Georgia's 2nd tier recruits we have historically had better luck with than sleeper downstate NYC area prospects.

Go west. To the fertile soils of Ohio.

Traditionally there's plenty of football talent in Ohio. And, Ohio is relatively close to Syracuse.

Go west. To the fertile soils of Ohio.

Traditionally there's plenty of football talent in Ohio. And, Ohio is relatively close to Syracuse.
And even Ben went west and Pulled Larry out of Ohio to play with Floyd.

Marrone was making progress there-Believe we would have had Gus Edwards had he stayed

I really wanted this staff to succeed but these misses continue to happen with more and more regularity. To use a basketball analogy, the tenure of this staff feels like it’s at the point where the team is fouling to send the other team to the line and stop the clock. The high watermark for this program should be a top 40 recruiting class and they’ve proven they just can’t get the program there. It’s not sustainable for them if the program cannot get that level of talent.

I'm not concerned about losing him (assuming we do). We have some good young QB's and though he has some talent, he looks raw on tape. I am concerned with Dino's continued failed strategy of recruiting and waiting on 1 QB at a time. It has come back to burn us every year and it seems we still haven't figured that out.

I'm not concerned about losing him (assuming we do). We have some good young QB's and though he has some talent, he looks raw on tape. I am concerned with Dino's continued failed strategy of recruiting and waiting on 1 QB at a time. It has come back to burn us every year and it seems we still haven't figured that out.
Is Dino a Dino?

I really wanted this staff to succeed but these misses continue to happen with more and more regularity. To use a basketball analogy, the tenure of this staff feels like it’s at the point where the team is fouling to send the other team to the line and stop the clock. The high watermark for this program should be a top 40 recruiting class and they’ve proven they just can’t get the program there. It’s not sustainable for them if the program cannot get that level of talent.
Every staff has these misses. Clemson loses kids in their backyard.

What do you base the top 40 on?

Every staff has these misses. Clemson loses kids in their backyard.

What do you base the top 40 on?
Over the last 15-20 years, the recruiting classes have averaged top 60 per year. This program is on its 5th staff since 2001. Most P5 schools strive for a top 25 class, let alone top 10. This program is so far away from that level that I am afraid it is unattainable even once let alone as a yearly average.

The good news is that I think Dino has proven that his system can win at this level. However, in order for it to be sustainable, I do believe that his recruiting classes need to annually be in the top 40. That HAS to be attainable. A top 40 class in this system WILL go farther than most and finally allow this program to be consistently good and not occasionally great.

Unfortunately, time is running short. I am afraid they are backed into a corner and if they do not get at least 5 wins this year and some momentum with recruiting a change could be forthcoming. And no I don’t think any better options are out there but if a BC and Rutgers up the road can put together a top 15-20 class (as they currently are) we damn sure better be able to put together a top 40 class in year 6 of this staffs tenure. And yes, recruiting class rankings do matter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom