Class of 2020 - QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB JaCobian Morgan (MS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/26/20)

Finally got a chance to watch his highlights and here's my two cents: I don't know about this one. This is a riverboat special for sure. Positives -
Big kid, tall and long limbed, high cut torso and wide shoulders, kid is built like Tommy Hearns. I also see the comparisons to James Blackmon but I think this kid displays better body control and fluidity and displays more functional strength in the ability to leverage his long frame.
Strong and dynamic arm. Ball pops off his hand and he displays a quick release. Can really throw it, and the distances and velocities displayed is impressive. Makes alot of snap throws where his legs aren't under him or he's not set and it's all arm. Shows the ability to change speeds, alter the launch point, and throw with touch on intermediate throws. Definitely some arm talent to work with.
Disposition. Cool customer. Some kids just have natural poise and I'd say this kid's got it. Never seems flustered or panics. Bad snaps, pressures and broken plays he just seems to calmly handle it and doesn't flinch.
Negatives -
Footwork is a mess. Has a long way to go here. Doesn't set consistently, consistently false steps in his drops, mechanics break down under pressure and it's mainly because his footwork is sloppy. All work is out of shotgun, nothing under center.
1:37 mark you see him look left to hold the safety and then turn to the right and makes the throw. He threads the needle with a really tough throw but it looked like a bad decision to me. That was the only set I saw where he wasn't making a single or half-field read.
Needs to add weight and fill out his frame before he's ready to compete at the FBS level. 25 pounds of lean mass at a minimum.

This kid is easily a two year project but the upside is definitely there. He's just going to have to work really really hard to get there.
His release looks long and awkward to me idk

Marshall Dillon is a good bet for back up to TD, if not this year , then next years.

I really like this kid. I think he is going to be a huge success.

9C96642E-2C26-447D-9334-48ED05776EAF.jpeg

I know we aren't going to be sitting five star guys 3 deep but from the looks of this class we can have guys chomping at the bit to get on the field that would be great. Much better than having to hope we don't need to put a backup in the game. It was really nice having Tommy sitting there behind Eric and coming up big for us in some key spots.

If this kid played in NY he would be all world.

Do you think a kid who is "game ready" is gonna want to sit the bench for two years waiting for Devito to leave...with the Transfer Portal in play you need developmental players to keep roster balance...kids want to play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom