Class of 2019 - QB Joey Yellen (CA) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 QB Joey Yellen (CA)

Pretty TD pass at 6:40
Pretty ugly INT at 10:10 (although called back due to roughing the passer)

He looks pretty good.

Pretty TD pass at 6:40
Pretty ugly INT at 10:10 (although called back due to roughing the passer)

He looks pretty good.
Don't forget it was his 1st and only start and he was a True Freshman. He wasn't even getting any practice reps until midweek of that game.

Don't forget it was his 1st and only start and he was a True Freshman. He wasn't even getting any practice reps until midweek of that game.

Yeah, I didn't take that into consideration.
I would be very happy if he ended up in Syracuse.

It’s funny how many posters feel the need to bash Nassib to make themselves feel better about TD.

Yeah, I didn't take that into consideration.
I would be very happy if he ended up in Syracuse.
He would be terrific competition for Tommy. He seems very cool under pressure based off of what he did against Usc.

So much for wanting to play in a QB-friendly offense in perfect, weather conditions. Pitt has dominated us in recruiting the last few years. It's like quality QB's are allergic to us-you'd think we could get one every other year by accident.

I hope whatever new coach is added to the staff can help with recruiting.

I remember when DB was hired, everyone thought how easy it would be to recruit QB’s. Far more to recruiting than a cool hashtag.

Awful lot of assumptions being made in this thread. I'm pretty sure we didn't offer him.

Do any of you - any of you - know we didn't approach him and he said "thanks, but no thanks"? A lot of people talk as if they are insiders, when they know nothing but their opinions and can't wait to pounce. It's getting as bad as the basketball board. :rolleyes:

Awful lot of assumptions being made in this thread. I'm pretty sure we didn't offer him.

Do any of you - any of you - know we didn't approach him and he said "thanks, but no thanks"? A lot of people talk as if they are insiders, when they know nothing but their opinions and can't wait to pounce. It's getting as bad as the basketball board. :rolleyes:
One thing that isn't an assumption is our current QB depth chart and QB recruiting the last few years.

I don't believe the concern is Yellen himself but more the fact that we have missed out on another QB target and were in a spot where we desperately need some competent QB recruits. Whether its Yellen, the dude who went to USF, the CT kid who went to Miami etc etc we seem to be missing out on any above average QB with a pulse. I was not down on the recent recruiting class and actually defended it in multiple posts but the QB recruiting situation has reached an absurd level of futility. Were one injury away from having to start a 5th year Sr who was moved to TE last year or a R Frosh who was throwing the ball in the dirt in skeleton drills last year. Were not the Center position on the bball team bad with Devito still in the fold but jesus can we get someone to commit here that were actually after?

I don't believe the concern is Yellen himself but more the fact that we have missed out on another QB target and were in a spot where we desperately need some competent QB recruits. Whether its Yellen, the dude who went to USF, the CT kid who went to Miami etc etc we seem to be missing out on any above average QB with a pulse. I was not down on the recent recruiting class and actually defended it in multiple posts but the QB recruiting situation has reached an absurd level of futility. Were one injury away from having to start a 5th year Sr who was moved to TE last year or a R Frosh who was throwing the ball in the dirt in skeleton drills last year. Were not the Center position on the bball team bad with Devito still in the fold but jesus can we get someone to commit here that were actually after?
Well, it is the Yellen thread.

If the concern is recruiting in general, it should be taken to the main board. Where there are more than enough threads about that topic. ;)

Eventually a blind squirrel will find a nut right? (And I’m not calling Pitt the blind squirrel)

Well, it is the Yellen thread.

If the concern is recruiting in general, it should be taken to the main board. Where there are more than enough threads about that topic. ;)

Ah but he has now committed somewhere so the thread opens a bit to flare off. (AT least thats my excuse and I am sticking with it). Either way can we just get a transfer and a project guy and start worrying about the DL and what the uniforms will looks like?