QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

Lamson played most of game, their starting QB got hurt in 2nd quarter
Lamson's choice ended up working out. He got back to the west coast and has an opportunity to play. There was no guarantee of Shrader getting hurt and he was still battling for QB2

Lamson's choice ended up working out. He got back to the west coast and has an opportunity to play. There was no guarantee of Shrader getting hurt and he was still battling for QB2
Pretty sure he was qb2

Pretty sure he was qb2

Apparently it was a tight QB battle and #1 wasn’t set in stone. I think the point is, he found himself getting significant action in game #2 on national TV - that’s a win.

He looked good from what I saw. Stanford OL was giving him no time against that USC front, and I think I saw his receivers drop three passes in a row, but he was putting balls on the money.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him be named the starter for them soon.

Pretty sure he was qb2
Yes but there is some mis information in this thread. It wasnt lock. Justin would have been the first QB to go in after Shrader but CDRW has the better upside. Lamson was the safer QB. He can win you the games you are suppose to win but would be limited against the more talented teams in the Acc. Carlos can lose you some games you are not suppose to lose but also win games you are not suppose to win. Thats how it was explained to me. Lamson didnt want to be in a tight race every year. (now lets hope CDRW gets more consistent)

Last edited:
Yes but there is some mis information in this thread. It wasnt lock. Justin would have been the first QB to go in after Shrader but CDRW has the better upside. Lamson was the safer QB. He can win you the games you are suppose to win but would be limited against the more talented teams in the Acc. Carlos can lose you some games you are not suppose to lose but also win games you are not suppose to win. Thats how it was explained to me. Lamson didnt want to be in a tight race every year. (now lets hope CDRW gets more consistent)
Sadly, CDRW did not have a good outing yesterday, let’s hope he improves quickly!

I cant let that game give me definitive impression on him. That game plan in the second half was as vanilla as it gets.
They decided to run into the heavy box. Didn’t give him much chance to succeed. LQA and Alford didn’t play a snap.

Does CDRW have the better upside or just the stronger arm?

Does CDRW have the better upside or just the stronger arm?
I personally dont know but we all know there are multiple traits that decides upside.

Stanford
Lotta Pressure on the QB
Stanford Passing
Justin Lamson
8/18 121yds. 6.7 avg. Int 0 TD 0 QBR 18.1

Rushed 16 -36 2.3 avg 1 TD Long 9

I cant let that game give me definitive impression on him. That game plan in the second half was as vanilla as it gets.
True, however if Shader was the QB we would have scored many more points!

True, however if Shader was the QB we would have scored many more points!
Well he should. He's the starter but I disagee on points. They were obvously going 4 min offense in the second half. They wanted to get out of their fast and dont get anyone else injured.

Last edited:
Just lost to Sacramento State. Didn't play the first half came in at halftime 7/17 138 yards 0 tds 1 int.

And he wouldn’t have played.
Until next year where he would have had the keys to the Rols Royce and possibly Orande Gadsdon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom