QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

I would not be shocked if he was told he was qb3 heading out of spring.

CDRW is faster and has better touch downfield. Lamson may, MAY, be a better pocket presence but our offense needs versatility and playmaking skill. I stick by what I said yesterday, I like CDRW better for what we need right now

1682891067223.gif

No they haven't. They're on the roster.
The sample isn’t built yet since everyone here was recruited before this new era came to fruition. The Geer and Lamson (and Sellers) of the world will (logically) translate any exposure into an opportunity. We’re holding our breath playing defense when we can play offense and recruit experienced kids who would be essentially tied to us until the graduate.

Just objectively speaking, that's not very likely unless he really steps down a level in competition. It's hard to come in and pick up a whole new playbook, develop chemistry with your teammates, and then start in just a summer camp. Unless you are a lot better than your comp. I mean, he has never started a game, has he?

Coming off a year long injury, as a lightly recruited guy who’s never seen action in a real game.

HAVE YOU SEEN MY SPRING GAME TAPE?

Lol. I am not doing the shopping and I already mentioned his lost playing time. I am saying his knee will not be his issue.
So can I assume you think Garret Williams shouldn’t have been drafted then?
Let 32 pro team medical staffs give him the green light like they did for Garret and I’d be as confident as you.

There were indications from reporters who attended practice that he was ahead of the Florida kid, yes.
Read those articles as well, but its possible Beck and Dino aren’t so sure about it.

Either way - Justin doesnt want to wait around. Best of luck to him. I love Carlos’ attitude and his work ethic. Hopefully we find a qb3 in the portal late

No problem if he thinks he can play sooner somewhere else. Can’t predict injury but bottom line outside of kickers and punters the QB position is the least likely position on the team to see multiple people play.

I’ve said for years how surprising it is to me when you have 4+ QBs on a roster.

There was a love affair with Matt Hale on this board which is similar to Lamson. Kid looked the part but was more Cortland material. Never understood the love affair
Matt was throwing dimes in a spring game. I forget what year.…

It’s on Dino, he would not commit to a No.2 maybe the staff is ok with the outcome

The kid was here for two years and never played a game for us! :mad::confused::(

If you think the kid lacked value, then why would somebody show interest in him?

Last edited:
No need to be sorry. I never said that he was a savior when Garrett inevitability gets hurt. We don’t know how it went down with the staff. For all we know, the staff may have not named a clear number two in hopes of keeping one of the two backups from portallng and it blew up in their face. I was just hopeful that Lamson was better than CDRW. In the little bit that I’ve seen him play, I haven’t been impressed.
And playing in 2 spring games against reserves, and can't hurt the QB doesn't show whether you can run the team in life action.

Our QB room went from overflowing good to shaky potatoes next season.
I don't really get how the QB room was overflowing with good. Lamson is a total unknown in live action and CDRW, who was good against, ND, was totally inept against Pitt who had time to prepare for him. We are making it out like we have Simms and Hostetler in the room.

I don't really get how the QB room was overflowing with good. Lamson is a total unknown in live action and CDRW, who was good against, ND, was totally inept against Pitt who had time to prepare for him. We are making it out like we have Simms and Hostetler in the room.
I feel it was compared to what we were coming from. A la; Culpepper, Morgan, the Officer.

He completed 43% of his passes. He throws hard. Fans tend to fall in love with that stuff. Same with TD. Chances are when Shrader gets hurt we are screwed anyway.
That is true, but given that we were down big, he was slinging it downfield and taking chances with lower % throws. Frankly, I appreciated the approach that he wasn’t a “protect my % and check down or run out of bounds” guy like….some other guy was. If I recall, we had a bunch of drops on him too against ND.

Now Pitt….he was awful. We were awful. Feels like that always happens at Pitt though.

I don’t know, maybe he’s Cam Dantley. But I thought he sparked us big time against ND, which was a tall task.

Both CDRW and Lamson have shown potential. I think perfect world we would be going into 2024 with both ready to go. Best man wins. Neither player has done anything though that gives one the advantage over the other. It's up to Dino and Beck to find us another potential player to compete. There should be plenty of options in the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom