QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

QB Justin Lamson transferring to Stanford

I'm guessing Lamson was told he's QB2 behind Shrader, and he doesn't want to sit another year.
Yeah but he knew that already. I would think. I think if he was solid #2, he would know going into the season he would see action because we know given GS style he would be hurt. That would lead to Lamson starting in 24. If it's still a competition at #2 though, then that's a different story.

Always had a funny feeling we would never see him suit up in Orange.
Well that sucks. Kid is one play, at most on season, from being a starter. Where does he think he’s going that there isn’t any competition

just stupid. There is no way he’s going to improve his position at another P5 school. If he is going to drop to the wac, mac,….. he’s a .

Curious where he goes. I thought he was going to be QB3 this year because Shrader and CDRW are a lot closer in skillset than Shrader and JL. Not to say CDRW is better than JL or vice versa, but scheme wise it seems easier to replace Shrader with CDRW if an injury occurs.

I hate to lose anyone, but much like the basketball board, let’s see where we’re at come fall. Best case scenario (we’re Syracuse fans so LOL), we were never going to see JL this year anyway, but we know how that goes

Yeah but he knew that already. I would think. I think if he was solid #2, he would know going into the season he would see action because we know given GS style he would be hurt. That would lead to Lamson starting in 24. If it's still a competition at #2 though, then that's a different story.
I don't think it's a story either at second string. He lost a season of development.

No way Justin is stupid enough to jump without knowing he has a landing spot, right? Right?!

100% on this. Happening at every school. We just need to be better finding the kids at those schools.

These kids still above all the nil craziness want playing time more than anything else.
Well Jesse Edwards was going to get plenty of playing time at Cuse.

I’m not surprised. Not saying I know anything but I’m todays world of CFB it seems most schools are going to struggle to hold on to 3 potential starting QB’s.

On the flip side I think there were some posters who took some crap suggesting we weren’t doing ourselves any favors by putting all our eggs in the Sellers basket….. “he’s not going anywhere, he’s all orange”. QB is an important position, hope we find someone to come in and play.

We'll have to see where he lands but if this is about football and not about being closer to home in California, this doesn't make much sense to me.

The guy has two spring games of tape out there, is coming off injury, and plays behind a guy that hasn't shown he can make it through a season healthy. That doesn't sound to me like the profile of a guy that should be eyes open for other opportunities.

I don’t understand why anyone is shocked. GS clear cut starter. So why sit around for another year? Kids want to play. Yeah I understand injuries can happen but still. If you’re good you want to play
Pragmatically, you’re correct.

Ultimately, it seems you will very likely be correct.

Logically, is he going somewhere to start this year?
I would think not. I might be wrong.

Why not finish off his investment of two years in the SU football program and start here for three years?

I’m not surprised. Not saying I know anything but I’m todays world of CFB it seems most schools are going to struggle to hold on to 3 potential starting QB’s.

On the flip side I think there were some posters who took some crap suggesting we weren’t doing ourselves any favors by putting all our eggs in the Sellers basket….. “he’s not going anywhere, he’s all orange”. QB is an important position, hope we find someone to come in and play.
Interesting.

Lamson has almost no tape from HS or college to show other schools.

Maybe NC State targeted him after they lost Finley when they took in Armstrong? Coach Anae is one of a handful of college coaches who knows what he can do.

Agree with others. If his goal to go start next year, Syracuse is a great place to be.

Garrett’s style of play and history make it almost inevitable the backup will get a lot of work and eventually end up starting. If not in 2023, almost surely 2024.

I am not convinced he is gone for good.

Well Jesse Edwards was going to get plenty of playing time at Cuse.

Sure that’s an exception. But that’s a starter making a parallel move.

The factories have all of these kids on the 2 deep in football that will be looking for playing time.

Interested to see where he goes. His passing looked awesome in the spring game. Doubt Shrader stays healthy so this sucks. CDRW is basically a RB playing QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom