Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Smart play for SC would be to make their pitch and then graciously say their door is always open If he decides for SU.
New day and age in recruiting. Not just recruiting for now but for 2 years down the road. No different than anything else in business, it's smart building a network and relationships. Both for staff and the players.

If he flips now, he really hurts Beck. We could have, and would have, gone in another direction for a QB if he had flipped months ago. Impossible to do now. Unless it is a lot of money, I think he sticks.
There are something like 200 qbs in the portal. I think the days when we had to play a TE at qb are about over.

A poster on another site was reading the SC board and they are saying the SC coaches aren’t doing an in-home tonight, it is apparently against the rules to do an in-home the same day that a kid plays in an all star game? If this is accurate then I believe they can’t do any in-home before 12-21 with quiet period being tomorrow and dead period starting Monday

A poster on another site was reading the SC board and they are saying the SC coaches aren’t doing an in-home tonight, it is apparently against the rules to do an in-home the same day that a kid plays in an all star game? If this is accurate then I believe they can’t do any in-home before 12-21 with quiet period being tomorrow and dead period starting Monday
CuseLegacy? True?

There are something like 200 qbs in the portal. I think the days when we had to play a TE at qb are about over.
Not too dirty the Sellers thread with this… but of those 200 QBs how many are kids that should be QBs? And how many more are capable of starting at a P5 program. 10%? Less?

I doubt it’s any easier to “just grab a portal QB.” We want Sellers to stick badly. It certainly can’t hurt for him to see our new OL recruits and the clear emphasis we have made to improve that group these past couple weeks.

at this point we’ve done all we can, save for a Beck phone call after the in home tonight. Sellers is Orange now, and hopefully stays on board. We want him badly

I feel that’s different kids with different character. He seems extremely loyal to beck. Also we haven’t done one thing bad since both coordinator’s left. He has a year to truly learn system and come in and fight Larson and the other guy to start. We shall see how it plays out.

We’ve had players before express loyalty to our coaches. I’m not saying we lose Sellers but we shouldn’t try to convince ourselves we know why he’ll choose one school over another. We’ve had players say they want playing time and drop us for a school where they have almost no shot at playing time.

Someone check the by-laws and report the recruiting violation (if it happens)!

in all honesty, what even happens in that situation? It’s not like the ncaa would tell the kid he can’t sign with that school. I’m guessing it would just be a fine for the school breaking a rule and getting caught?

Not too dirty the Sellers thread with this… but of those 200 QBs how many are kids that should be QBs? And how many more are capable of starting at a P5 program. 10%? Less?

I doubt it’s any easier to “just grab a portal QB.” We want Sellers to stick badly. It certainly can’t hurt for him to see our new OL recruits and the clear emphasis we have made to improve that group these past couple weeks.

at this point we’ve done all we can, save for a Beck phone call after the in home tonight. Sellers is Orange now, and hopefully stays on board. We want him badly
I want him badly too. I was commenting on the supposed lack of a Plan B.

Whatever occurs it makes no sense to panic’ The young man has consistently told us that he is committed to us. If he changes his mind then we can’t control that’ I believe he will choose Orange! Only time will tell!

You mean committed like saying he’s 60/40 ‘cuse the other day in an interview. I’m not sure I consider that “committed” completely. Then taking an in home visit. That’s called, still weighing all options.

You mean committed like saying he’s 60/40 ‘cuse the other day in an interview. I’m not sure I consider that “committed” completely. Then taking an in home visit. That’s called, still weighing all options.
Fair but the 60/40 was on the heels of two Coordinators leaving and Dino and Beck had not seen him yet since Beck was made OC I believe. Since the comment Sellers had an inhouse with Dino and Beck. Gotta believe that resealed the comfort for the family and Lanorris or he would have de-committed. We will find out soon enough. In the post above it is possible SC didn't get the inhouse visit due to recruiting rules. Which is all the better.

13.1.6.2.5 All-Star Contests -- Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, in-person contact with a prospective student-athlete who is participating in an all-star contest shall not be made from the time the prospective student-athlete arrives in the locale of the contest until the prospective student-athlete returns home or to the prospective-student-athlete's educational institution. [D] (Adopted: 10/30/13, Revised: 10/30/14)
pdficon_small.png
Export to PDF

13.1.6.2.5 All-Star Contests -- Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, in-person contact with a prospective student-athlete who is participating in an all-star contest shall not be made from the time the prospective student-athlete arrives in the locale of the contest until the prospective student-athlete returns home or to the prospective-student-athlete's educational institution. [D] (Adopted: 10/30/13, Revised: 10/30/14)
pdficon_small.png
Export to PDF
So an in-home could happen sounds like.

pdficon_small.png
Export to PDF
Thank you for finding that CL. Looks to me like an inhouse would be permissible if he has made it home.

I want him badly too. I was commenting on the supposed lack of a Plan B.
It's not an argument. We wouldn't have a plan b because he flipped so late. That is the point. Could we get another guy to play qb at some point? Of course. But not in this cycle.

Has Sellers ever had an official or non-official visit to Syracuse?