Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Beck needs to be on a zoom call with him right now, I think we still have a chance but man it feels like we never come out on the good side of these situations.

He’s clearly talking to a guy who wants him to go to SC. If he was talking to an SU guy he probably answers differently.

he said clearly he has things to think about. That’s what he will do. Hopefully SU is where he chooses to be

If the coaches felt he would flip wouldn't you think they would have a back up plan of some kind?

Recruiting has gone significantly better than I expected especially in the last two weeks. We have two solid QB’s after GS, assuming Lamson doesn’t portal after this year. If this doesn’t work out, I won’t be losing that much sleep over it like I would have a month ago.

He’s clearly talking to a guy who wants him to go to SC. If he was talking to an SU guy he probably answers differently.

he said clearly he has things to think about. That’s what he will do. Hopefully SU is where he chooses to be
Can’t blame the kid for thinking it through again to ensure he is making the right choice. Obviously, we want him here and I’m sure he knows that. Some takeaways from that video:

1. As was pointed out above, he was talking to SC homers and a full team of homers for SC including probably coaches too. Lots of peer pressure going on.
2. SC would be closer than Syracuse for family.
3. Losing Anae was obviously a big blow to him. Hopefully Beck as the new OC will help there.
4. Players coming and going from the Portal. SC has 7 leaving and we have 9. Not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things Portal era.

I think it is still 60/40 as he said before but we’ll see. If not, we have the current QB roster for next year. I do not believe there is a Plan “B” in this class. Would have to target the Portal for this class which is really late but could be done or hit it hard next year if the worst was to happen. We’ll find out on Wednesday morning.

Last edited:
He's in an awkward situation with those interviews/questions. Obviously, he will listen to S. Carolina, but right now with the local U and fans on his tail he probably feels if he says he's 100% SU at this point it is not the most comfortable thing to say. He's kind of in an awkward PR spot.

He's in an awkward situation with those interviews/questions. Obviously, he will listen to S. Carolina, but right now with the local U and fans on his tail he probably feels if he says he's 100% SU at this point it is not the most comfortable thing to say. He's kind of in an awkward PR spot.
Agreed

So I think we should be confident. Getting a home visit at the 11th hour makes this still a longshot for South Carolina. There is a ton of positives on Syracuse side. We have had multiple home visits, longterm relations with the family (Beck). SC just started with him in November. What SC, Sellers wasn’t good enough for you before that? Beck now the OC and QB coach. If there has been no home visit prior to today, then there’s been no official to SC campus. GS only has 1 year. Rattler has 2. SC is home state so the family is right there. That is the one thing.
I agree. Where was Beamer and USC when Lanorris was in the hospital? Obviously he has to do what is right for him and nobody else. Hopefully he is wearing Orange in the end.

Not too dirty the Sellers thread with this… but of those 200 QBs how many are kids that should be QBs? And how many more are capable of starting at a P5 program. 10%? Less?

I doubt it’s any easier to “just grab a portal QB.” We want Sellers to stick badly. It certainly can’t hurt for him to see our new OL recruits and the clear emphasis we have made to improve that group these past couple weeks.

at this point we’ve done all we can, save for a Beck phone call after the in home tonight. Sellers is Orange now, and hopefully stays on board. We want him badly
Well we’ve grabbed two 4 star QBs that are pretty good and a 3 star we moved to tight end but is a heckuva athlete …

Anae wasn’t a lose for him. Beck is his main relationship. If anything, promoting Beck helped us.
He brought up coaching changes is why I put that there. I think the interview was a boat load of peer pressure to get him to SC by a homer media person.