Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Beck needs to be down there tomorrow morning. I mean kid obviously is having second thoughts otherwise why accept in house 4 days before early signing..
Seriously. It feels like Beck needs to pay LaNorris a face-to-face.

So I think we should be confident. Getting a home visit at the 11th hour makes this still a longshot for South Carolina. There is a ton of positives on Syracuse side. We have had multiple home visits, longterm relations with the family (Beck). SC just started with him in November. What SC, Sellers wasn’t good enough for you before that? Beck now the OC and QB coach. If there has been no home visit prior to today, then there’s been no official to SC campus. GS only has 1 year. Rattler has 2. SC is home state so the family is right there. That is the one thing.

If he flips now he was always going to flip and strung us along till the end.

If he holds tight, the narrative is he strung them along with false hope and stayed loyal.

Will see what happens.

If he holds tight, the narrative is he strung them along with false hope and stayed loyal.

Will see what happens.
Based on the articles he seems like a class kid from a class family. I don’t think there would be any intentional stringing along. He has made no promise to SC. Maybe he finds its important to play near his family at the end of the day. If so, thats part of a young person making a tough decision. I think he stays committed to Syracuse.

Based on the articles he seems like a class kid from a class family. I don’t think there would be any intentional stringing along. He has made no promise to SC. Maybe he finds its important to play near his family at the end of the day. If so, thats part of a young person making a tough decision. I think he stays committed to Syracuse.

Agree across the board.

If he changes his mind, he changes his mind. But I don't think he's playing games. Hope he sticks with the 'Cuse, confident he will, but you never know.

Everything from history, to how this is playing out, indicates that we are going to be disappointed
I feel that’s different kids with different character. He seems extremely loyal to beck. Also we haven’t done one thing bad since both coordinator’s left. He has a year to truly learn system and come in and fight Larson and the other guy to start. We shall see how it plays out.

Will see what happens.
I don’t think he’s stringing anyone along. He’s a HS kid with a hometown option and one built on relationships. Tough decision for an 18 yr old. Hope he goes Orange !

Let’s see if NIL comes into play. This kid is worth Adam’s investment.
So Beck and Dino know that the "Cocks" have been lurking. Gotta believe based on meetings with Lanorris and his family multiple times they have a sense of the commitment. If Nil was needed, gotta believe it was already proposed. Again I think there is a strong commitment here.

So Beck and Dino know that the "Cocks" have been lurking. Gotta believe based on meetings with Lanorris and his family multiple times they have a sense of the commitment. If Nil was needed, gotta believe it was already proposed. Again I think there is a strong commitment here.
Yeah he loves Beck and is very grateful that he stood by him when he got injured. I hope that outweighs anything eise.

I know that Sellers is Plan A, BUT is there a Plan B if he goes to South Carolina?

Who?

Let’s see if NIL comes into play. This kid is worth Adam’s investment.

You pay him $1M and then he transfers after the season. What then?

If we’re doing this $1M thing, it should be for a transfer. They’re looking for offers and more locked in since they have to sit out a year (unless a grad student transfer later, but wouldn’t surprise me if they close that loop soon).

Not saying we shouldn’t do it but can they just leave after a year? Are there contracts with these things? Seems like there are no rules at all.

You pay him $1M and then he transfers after the season. What then?

If we’re doing this $1M thing, it should be for a transfer. They’re looking for offers and more locked in since they have to sit out a year (unless a grad student transfer later, but wouldn’t surprise me if they close that loop soon).

Not saying we shouldn’t do it but can they just leave after a year? Are there contracts with these things? Seems like there are no rules at all.
For an elite QB, they’re getting $1M per year.

Agreed here. We have clearly made our very best pitch and there is no way NIL wasn’t discussed as part of it.

I imagine a big part of getting the in home now, is that they have an OC. Now I’ve “dealt with” Dowell Loggains as an OC before with Adam Gase. Dude was a yes man that was a glorified coffee fetcher. he never showed any ability whatsoever in the NFL.

but he does have the NFL tag on his resume. So even as an NFL failure, that still carries weight with kids. here’s hoping Loggains fails at recruiting as much as he did as an NFL OC in this case.

If he flips now, he really hurts Beck. We could have, and would have, gone in another direction for a QB if he had flipped months ago. Impossible to do now. Unless it is a lot of money, I think he sticks.

Whatever occurs it makes no sense to panic’ The young man has consistently told us that he is committed to us. If he changes his mind then we can’t control that’ I believe he will choose Orange! Only time will tell!