Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

It sucks if it happens but I wouldn’t be angry, disappointed though. However there is some Cuse fan on Twitter who’s losing his mind and making the whole fan base look bad telling Sellers to unpin his commitment tweet etc. yikes, dude needs to step back off the ledge.

Hopefully him using the QB gif means that Reno kid is reclassifying to 2023 and not LaNorris telling him he’s signing.
Well, if Beamer got a call and it's what it appears to be, assume Beck got one too.

I'm disappointed if we don't land Sellers. I can't say I'm angry at Sellers. He changed his mind. But it is disappointing it would come down to a last second flip by him after our guys recruited him so long. You would think he would stick afer saying he was 60% plus Syracuse last week and not change his mind the last second so that is frustrating. And its not like he just got this USC offer. This makes me think last minute money is likely involved. But if so, that is the recruiting world we live in.

My anger is directed mostly toward a poster who wants to come on the thread and say, see i told you so. That reaction just makes no sense to me.
Can you imagine LaNorris Seller's life the past few weeks? If he is flipping, it is due to an immense amount of pressure. One of the things that I think we all love about the young man is that he is intelligent and a leader. So, I am sure he has considered everything and will make his choice on what matters most to him.

With regard to another poster getting you angry, I get it, but look back on the back and forth when you are removed from the moment.

If it doesn't happen our staff did its best - Beck is as good as it gets at any level. Lots of pressure on these young men, from an expanding number of directions (unfortunately, IMO). I still hold hope. But if it's not in the cards, wish him well and we'll be here if he changes his mind down the road. Of any unit I think our QB room is the best positioned to absorb a recruiting loss. We'll be fine.
He may end up our starter after Shrader moves on regardless of who he signs with this week. It's a kid facing ridiculous pressure; people need to have some perspective on what he's dealing with here. Also, when all is said and done, it may not even hurt SU at all if he signs with USC-the-lesser.

I understand he’s probably gone, but the welcome home hashtag is what they use for all the recruits whether from in state or not fyi
Well that is at least very good news. Maybe we have a shot afterall. The crystal balls being a level 6 dont mean they know for sure. To me this means they have USC sources that are optomistic.

Last edited:
We need to pivot towards Reno for next year as I said.

Also, how annoying are SC fans who didn’t know about Sellers until 5 minutes ago blowing up twitter begging for a flip. Pathetic.

I cannot speak for the presssure this kid is getting from the local school and fan base. But just looking at S carolinas recruiting class from 2022 I would sell SU as a place you most likely will get to see the field. they brought in 3 QB's last year, all 4 stars and one being Spencer Rattler from OU...

So the SC coach says he got a great QB call. Wouldn't that be tacky on his part if it was Sellers by doing so stealing his thunder in announcing? Perhaps his statement then involved his #2 choice of QB recruits. Or not.

4 star starter.

4 star backup OR Lamson as #2. BTW, I really like both of these guys.

Beck can tell Sellers not to lose his number in case things don't work out with USC and wish him the best.

I'll say this, I hope Rattler goes pro because he is the last person I would want to be in a QB room with if I was another QB.

He is not coming to Syracuse. I posted about it a few days ago. And people would rather make a joke than read between the lines, and then say I must not want him to come to Syracuse. It is what it is. It wasn't for lack of effort by our staff.
You posted second hand hearsay.

How do we know it wasn't the WR Elijah who de-commited from West Virginia giving Beamer a call and that the use of a QB gif was because the gif shows the QB pumping his fist in excitement? Folks really need to step back and chillax. The only people who actually know what Lanorris is actually doing this week are Lanorris and maybe his parents right now.

So the SC coach says he got a great QB call. Wouldn't that be tacky on his part if it was Sellers by doing so stealing his thunder in announcing? Perhaps his statement then involved his #2 choice of QB recruits. Or not.

We need to stop giving coaches credit for being good people. A lot of them are not and are insanely selfish with a monster ego.

That one even has me throwing in the towel. Guess the relationship with mom and dad was stronger than the relationship with Coach Beck. Don’t respect taking two months from getting the SC offer and stringing Beck along, but we will survive
That may reference another kid, Oluwatosin Babalade.

Well certainly don't like that. The welcome home part tells me it’s likely LaNorris.
Wouldn’t welcome home be a portal transfer coming back to SC?