Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Also, I'm not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from about losing all our top recruits all the time
This staff has done an amazing job of hanging onto the kids getting ready to sign, you can fret over this kid sure but no need for a false narrative

So I am clear, folks are saying we have lost Sellers not because of any announcement he has made but because of a coaches vague tweet and gif and a crystal ball from 2 guys, one who is Dohn? I don't think I am going out on a limb here to say we are still in this until Lanorris actually makes the call here. I am not saying he is ours but the evidence people are using to say we have lost Sellers is a bit flimsy in my opinion. I hope we get him, life will go on if we don't.

So I am clear, folks are saying we have lost Sellers not because of any announcement he has made but because of a coaches vague tweet and gif and a crystal ball from 2 guys, one who is Dohn? I don't think I am going out on a limb here to say we are still in this until Lanorris actually makes the call here. I am not saying he is ours but the evidence people are using to say we have lost Sellers is a bit flimsy in my opinion. I hope we get him, life will go on if we don't.
This is where I am. He also seems like a thoughtful kid and I find it odd that he would leave his commitment to Syracuse pinned on Twitter but alas who the heck knows?

So this is over right? Don’t try and down play it by what we have on the roster this would be a massive loss.

The last QB drafted from SC was Todd Ellis 32 years ago.

Not exactly a pipeline. Maybe he doesn't actually want to play pro? We really cant know his motives. They may have an academic program we dont?
I mean if you wanna compare nfl qb success, we don’t really have that either.

In 5 years we’ll be looking at Lamson’s starting career here at Cuse
And
Sellers starting career at South Carolina

Then we’ll truly see how we made out on this. I think both are going to be great QBs. The sky is not falling. We know what we have here in Shrader and we know he is really good when healthy. And we know Lamson was lighting it up before he got hurt. We’ll be quite alright. Obviously would be nice to have Seller’s but it’s not the end of the world. It sucks that our top 2 high school recruits are likely to flip tomorrow though

McNabb is a Hall of Famer; McPherson was robbed of the Heisman.
McNabb was drafted in what 1999? That’s 27 years ago now. He was talking about the last SC QB being 32 years ago, that’s not much different.

Yes Nassib was drafted, but he’s certainly Not a QB we point to for NFL success

I thought it was a dead period? How can Beamer talk to Sellers?
I believe dead period for in person contact. And afaik, a recruit can initiate contact almost any time and a coach is allowed to respond.

I can't fathom sending a nasty message to a decommit. I also can't stand the grandstanding wishing him all the luck in the world he's a great kid (who the poster has never met) posts either. I don't respect "commits" who flip at the last moment and screw the college that gave them an opportunity as the college has less of a chance of getting a suitable replacement given the timing. But don't contact them or tweet at the player. Forget they ever existed and move on, unless they get in the portal. Communicating a nasty message to an 18 year old who didn't choose your program is not only pathetic but can hurt the school you root for perception wise and practically in the portal.

Oh well… if he comes he comes, if he doesn’t, SC will still suck… we’ll be fine. Beck will get a guy he likes.

These type of highly recruited players make this mistake all the time. He’ll get buried on the depth chart b/c he doesn’t actually fit the new OC’s pro style. This one puzzles me the most compared to other players we’ve lost out on. Like Ishaq, he went to ND with expectations of being the man. He would have been for us but he had no reason to believe he couldn’t do it at ND. Can’t blame him for that. But for Sellers to potentially flip, to a place he may never play and an offense he doesn’t fit with. Really makes very little sense.

I can't fathom sending a nasty message to a decommit. I also can't stand the grandstanding wishing him all the luck in the world he's a great kid (who the poster has never met) posts either. I don't respect "commits" who flip at the last moment and screw the college that gave them an opportunity as the college has less of a chance of getting a suitable replacement given the timing. But don't contact them or tweet at the player. Forget they ever existed and move on, unless they get in the portal. Communicating a nasty message to an 18 year old who didn't choose your program is not only pathetic but can hurt the school you root for perception wise and practically in the portal.
Disagree with half your post. I agree no one should be sending bad posts at all to the player.