Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

Lamson’s spring game dimes and CDRW’s Notre Dame game dimes obviously scared him off so he went to that rinky dink program where he can start with no competition.
For all you who are distraught, think about how impressive these two guys looked (except for CDRW vs Pitt...). Exciting!!!

One more thing for the distraught, think about a guy named Brennan Armstrong, and the seasons he had with Jason Beck, and the year without Jason Beck. Sellers' potential almost certainly just took a self-inflicted hit.

Cuse wasn’t on him for 2 years. Remember, he flipped from UVA to Cuse when Anae and Beck came on board.
You’re right. I meant to say Beck and the coaches

Bummed to lose the kid, but not worried about the QB position the next two years.

More disappointed that a nationally acclaimed 6-0/Top 15 start didn’t pay more dividends this year.
I think good seasons pay off on a year delay. So 2024 recruiting is more a result of 2022 success.

Gonna be honest, step back for a minute. All of us here are huge Cuse fans. Say as 17 year olds we were getting all the love from all these schools. And say Syracuse never offered us until a month til signing day. But the last year and half we were committed to South Carolina. As big Syracuse fans where Syracuse would be our dream offer we can’t think for a second we wouldn’t do the same thing.
Oh I totally get what you’re says. There is one difference. My old man would have kicked my arse to Timbuktu and back for not following through on my commitment.

Last edited:
If he’s ever in the portal there is no way id ever re-recruit him.

I think he’s really talented and would’ve been a great fit here, the system is perfect for him…but ask yourself, why was he only ever offered by Syracuse and late to the party South Carolina?? GT doesn’t count they offered a week ago, so where are all the power 5 schools within his geographic region. There’s 9 of them within 5.5 hour drive or less from his home? Clemson (who by the way took a portal QB), Georgia, NC State (w/Anea), UNC, Duke, Wake, Tennessee, VT. All these schools passed on him.

For some reason, SU never gets QBs who they recruited in HS on the portal rebound, like we have with DBs. The list is long w/ guys SU basically discovered like Christian Veilleux. SU did offer Shrader and DRW in HS, but I don't think either of them visited SU or gave it serious consideration back then.

If Sellers is the real deal, like a NcNabb or a Vick, he will not be in the portal.

Oh I totally get the what your says. There is one difference. My old man would have kicked my arse to Timbuktu and back for not following through on my commitment.
My old man would of kicked my arse had I turned down a million dollars.
Not saying he got anything near that, but follow the money is what I’ve always heard. Being loyal is a nice trait, but there ain’t no loyalty in any of this college sports world.

That’s funny. And to those saying that “these are 17 or 18 year old kids”, sure, but remember, they’ll be eligible to vote in less than a year, if not already,

Yeah, that arg is hollow. These young men deserve whatever criticism they receive for poor judgment.
Paid young adults playing a game. Old enough to vote, buy cigarettes, serve in the military, drive, get married, etc. Kids equals adolescent. These are young adults. If they commit a felony they get convicted as adults.

At that age you generally lack wisdom. What this says to me is they also don't have wise people in their life teaching them responsibility and respect. Just people yelling "get yours".

It's frustrating that lately we seem to lose local elite recruits (not specifically football) because kids just want to get away but then we lose distant elite recruits because they want to stay close to home. Oh well.

Last edited:
If he’s ever in the portal there is no way id ever re-recruit him.

I think he’s really talented and would’ve been a great fit here, the system is perfect for him…but ask yourself, why was he only ever offered by Syracuse and late to the party South Carolina?? GT doesn’t count they offered a week ago, so where are all the power 5 schools within his geographic region. There’s 9 of them within 5.5 hour drive or less from his home? Clemson (who by the way took a portal QB), Georgia, NC State (w/Anea), UNC, Duke, Wake, Tennessee, VT. All these schools passed on him.
Because he is the studdiest 3 star QB who ever did stud and only Beck saw it.

Snyder built his teams by loading up on JUCO talent every year. Turned out pretty good. Do a combo of Juco and portal.

We always finish last in the ACC in recruiting anyway. Something has to change. Recruiting isn’t doing it
I hate to disappoint you but the recruiting staff is already recruiting 2024s and 2025s. Recruiting a mixture of HS and portal transfers will be the new norm.

Recruit over the position and move on.

Sure, keep communication lines open but if he has a tough or mediocre freshman year then tough luck and enjoy transferring to Liberty if they’ll have you.

We didn’t “need” Sellers.

On to the next

This spectical was selfish and egotistical. Dragged it out until the last min with a team you had been committed to just to set up a press conference to say you're going elsewhere after a singning period. If he was close with Beck as it appears then this is a bad look. Has some of that LeBron "The Decision" feel to it when he announced he was leaving for Miami. That didn't go over too well either as I recall. Hope he grows up some while hes at USC

If he did say that, put him on the heap with the kid that threw our hat down. Hope we don’t go after them down the road. Be respectful at least.
Yep agree 100%. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things and if you're going to put yourself forward as a person of character, this isn't what you do.

Secondarily, to mention coaches and consider that they basically didn't give a crap about him until he blew up later in his senior year and proved he was healthy after his injury...I mean, come on man.

Likely find a higher rated QB in the portal. We wanted him here to develop with the system. He flipped on signing day... he burned the bridge.

Beck viewed him as a generational talent. I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are significantly underrating this kid if you just want to look at stars and conclude that losing out on him is no big deal.

But you are right, we can and will find portal transfers of quality -- as evidenced by Shrader and CDRW. Sky isn't falling at QB.

Beck viewed him as a generational talent. I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are significantly underrating this kid if you just want to look at stars and conclude that losing out on him is no big deal.

But you are right, we can and will find portal transfers of quality -- as evidenced by Shrader and CDRW. Sky isn't falling at QB.
We can and we will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom