Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

So because of your age you are free from criticism? We’re not talking about grammar school kids here.

Not sure if I agree with that naive take. How you do things sometimes matters even more than what you do.

(Saying this in a vacuum, not necessarily specific to Sellers)
I honestly haven’t even seen that much of it. I wouldn’t be sad if she took her cheeks back to Kansas or wherever she came from haha.

I honestly haven’t even seen that much of it. I wouldn’t be sad if she took her cheeks back to Kansas or wherever she came from haha.
I saw quite a bit of it on Twitter and it isn't a good look for the school.

Don’t want to argue about it but the time a kid entered the portal and ultimately signs is very limited. For a majority of the players teams are grabbing to fill holes. The amount of time spent following a HS kid when we offer kids that are ‘24-‘25 players has got to be more time consuming even if the contact window is less per year. It’s still greater per year than the small window kids hit the portal and find a new school. IMO.
We will just have to agree to disagree.

With the NIL and open talk about chasing the "bag" all the shady side deals going down these "young adults" are going to get treated worse and worse. These aren't kids making a decision on what school is best for him anymore, they are now making the best business decision. With those decision come backlash. It will become more common these "young adults" are treated as professional athletes because in a lot of cases they are going to be making more money than the professionals. It will become worse and worse for them...

On social media I see no difference in the fan reaction to Sellers and when a big free agent leaves his team and signs with another. That is the way these young adults will be treated going forward. For better or worse. They wanted the "BAG" now they get the backlash that comes with those "ADULT" decisions.

I saw quite a bit of it on Twitter and it isn't a good look for the school.
I see. Less than many other fan bases. It is a good thing he is getting all the NIL money. I am pretty sure a 17-18 year old can handle a tiny bit of criticism.

I was on twitter and there are a few salty fans, but there is way more wishing him luck.

What Emily doesn’t get is that it’s not because of his decision, rather it’s how he did it.

I don’t condone lashing out at kids on social media. I wouldn’t do it. Bad look for the school and fan base. But the caveat is that they are no longer kids. They are professional athletes.

I don’t condone lashing out at kids in social media. I wouldn’t do it. Bad look for the school and fan base. But the caveat is that they are no longer kids. They are professional athletes.
This current weird time has them reaping the benefits of both; people wanting to treat them as kids while simultaneously making significant money. Literally having their cake and eating it too.

Can you point to some comments by Coach Beck implying/stating that Sellers is a "generational" talent.

I was 14 and trying out for a Jr B hockey team in a Toronto suburb. There was another 14 year old that was on the team the prior year that was working out with the team. This was a 14 year old amongst 17-19 year olds. He was easily the best player on the ice. His name was Wayne Gretzky. Even then, he was not identified as a "generational" talent.

This term must have been created afterwards - or not.

For me, "generational" talent is a label that should be applied AFTER the accomplishments take place - not before.

Not interested in splitting hairs over how you personally want to define things.

Believe whatever you want.

So because of your age you are free from criticism? We’re not talking about grammar school kids here.

Not sure if I agree with that naive take. How you do things sometimes matters even more than what you do.

(Saying this in a vacuum, not necessarily specific to Sellers)

I’ll start by saying that people criticizing a football recruit on twitter really need to re-examine their lives.

That said, I do think it’s weird when people mention their age. At 18 you’re a legal adult, you can vote, you can go off to war. Maybe that’s why kids seem to take much longer to grow up these days, because we won’t let them.

Or I’ve become an old man yelling at a cloud. Even though I’m not 50 yet.

I’ll start by saying that people criticizing a football recruit on twitter really need to re-examine their lives.

That said, I do think it’s weird when people mention their age. At 18 you’re a legal adult, you can vote, you can go off to war. Maybe that’s why kids seem to take much longer to grow up these days, because we won’t let them.

My issue with it is the anonymity of the people criticizing him on twitter. If you want to criticize put your name to it and don't hide behind a fake twitter name. I'm sure if people had to say who they really were there would be a lot less stupid on Social Media.

So, you're saying criticize them here? ;)

My issue with it is the anonymity of the people criticizing him on twitter. If you want to criticize put your name to it and don't hide behind a fake twitter name. I'm sure if people had to say who they really were there would be a lot less stupid on Social Media.
Agreed social media or not, that’s not right.

The truth is, I don’t think Sellars’ decision, or even his method, makes him a bad person. But he handled it poorly, and people are free to be critical of that. But don’t hide behind fake profiles.

twitter is the worst of social media, I dumped my account once Elon bought it. That being said trashing a kid because he makes a once a life time decision is BS. It’s just bullying and most of these people are just cowards hiding behind an alias. Who cares if he went somewhere else, yea the timing stinks but we will be fine. As others have said our bread and butter will be a mix of high school kids and portal. We will not compete for 4 and 5 star kids until this NIL mess gets sorted out. If Ohio state is moaning about being out bid what does that say for us?

In another note my college fandom for football is dwindling. I’ve kind of flipped between college and the pros for years. The last 10 it’s been more college but I think the NIL is changing it. At least the NFL has a level playing field with a salary cap. None of this back door shady crap with NIL. I’ve enjoyed watching the pros play more this year than ever before. Anyway that’s my rant. Merry Christmas! 0E44566A-8428-4AB6-96B7-B2CDCEC6B009.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom