Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

I don’t think we do bad with local kids in bball. Never going to get them all. But we’ve gotten Coleman, Rautins, Triche, Triche, Roe, Wright, and Wright. And who could forget Wadach, Sims, Schayes, Sease, Headd, Breland and Hanson? And of course a kid named Boeheim.
So the last elite one was a decade ago.

It is different in the south. There are expectations that you stay home. If not home, you stay in the region. There is thinking here that anything outside of the south isn't worth considering and it's drilled from birth. The mindset is definitely different here.

Last edited:
I’ll start by saying that people criticizing a football recruit on twitter really need to re-examine their lives.

That said, I do think it’s weird when people mention their age. At 18 you’re a legal adult, you can vote, you can go off to war. Maybe that’s why kids seem to take much longer to grow up these days, because we won’t let them.

Or I’ve become an old man yelling at a cloud. Even though I’m not 50 yet.
But it is ok to criticize him on a message board?

My issue with it is the anonymity of the people criticizing him on twitter. If you want to criticize put your name to it and don't hide behind a fake twitter name. I'm sure if people had to say who they really were there would be a lot less stupid on Social Media.
Couldn’t agree more, it’s also one of the main reasons why I use my real first name and the section I sit in as both my board name and twitter name. I also post pictures every now and then of myself on twitter and even here.

It helps keep me accountable so I won’t say things I otherwise wouldn’t.

It can be so tempting online to let our ugliness out, and we all have a bit of it inside us one way or another.

So because of your age you are free from criticism? We’re not talking about grammar school kids here.

Not sure if I agree with that naive take. How you do things sometimes matters even more than what you do.

(Saying this in a vacuum, not necessarily specific to Sellers)
EL wants to be on around the horn. I suggest more news and less opinion.

Also fans of a school don't represent the school therefore can't reflect poorly on said school. Fans are insane which is the origin of the name fanatics. You aren't going to get rational discourse from fans and every fan base has a group of hooligans that will absolutely be stupid. It doesn't ever reflect on the team or school though. It's reflects on the individual. People who assign blame to a school when RandomGuy on Twitter says something dumb because Syracuse Fan is in his bio it's equally stupid.

I criticize 18 year olds when they do stupid things. But I don’t put choosing one school over another on that list.

That said, I don’t really get the “I wish him well” sentiments.
If it safe to say I hope they lose every game? It says nothing about any individual players.

Also fans of a school don't represent the school therefore can't reflect poorly on said school. Fans are insane which is the origin of the name fanatics. You aren't going to get rational discourse from fans and every fan base has a group of hooligans that will absolutely be stupid. It doesn't ever reflect on the team or school though. It's reflects on the individual. People who assign blame to a school when RandomGuy on Twitter says something dumb because Syracuse Fan is in his bio it's equally stupid.
Yeah, it’s weird. Being overly negative and even mean spirited is grossly toxic behavior. But the pontificating “look how mature I am” crowd that over compensates can also be a bit much.

College football fans should be allowed, and even expected to be emotional at times. This isn’t cricket.

Beck viewed him as a generational talent. I understand the point you are trying to make, but you are significantly underrating this kid if you just want to look at stars and conclude that losing out on him is no big deal.

But you are right, we can and will find portal transfers of quality -- as evidenced by Shrader and CDRW. Sky isn't falling at QB.

If he was a generational talent then Clemson would have pursued him and they didn't. They went with an Elite 11 QB from Alabama who had more P5 offers than we can count. Not trying to downplay his talent but 'generational' is a stretch.

I find it amusing that since 11/29 Sellers has had 3 ratings bumps and on 12/14 was bumped from a 3 star to a 4 star. What a coincidence.

How long before this thread gets locked ?
soon GIF

OK...TODAY it was affirmed we can't successfully recruit a big name 4-5 star high school QB.

We have Coach Beck starting his 2nd year here. 2 seasons ago he had a qb at UVa(Brennan Armstong)
that had a helluva season. Let's say Shrader has a big year in 2023...top 2 in the ACC. Do you think that might open a few eyes/minds enough for a top 20 QB to come to CUSE?

Is this the same as thing Juan Howard acting like a psychopath on the sideline screaming at 18/19 year old kids who are trying to restrain him ?
That's actually way worse than randos on the internet. Not even close. Haha

If he was a generational talent then Clemson would have pursued him and they didn't. They went with an Elite 11 QB from Alabama who had more P5 offers than we can count. Not trying to downplay his talent but 'generational' is a stretch.

I find it amusing that since 11/29 Sellers has had 3 ratings bumps and on 12/14 was bumped from a 3 star to a 4 star. What a coincidence.
You’re right, it’s just as likely that Sellers never sees the field as it is that he becomes a starter. I don’t exactly think this is the next Trevor Lawrence walking out the door

OK...TODAY it was affirmed we can't successfully recruit a big name 4-5 star high school QB.

We have Coach Beck starting his 2nd year here. 2 seasons ago he had a qb at UVa(Brennan Armstong)
that had a helluva season. Let's say Shrader has a big year in 2023...top 2 in the ACC. Do you think that might open a few eyes/minds enough for a top 20 QB to come to CUSE?
I don’t know man, we lost him to his home state. Think that was more about what SC has to offer than what SU doesn’t.

You’re right, it’s just as likely that Sellers never sees the field as it is that he becomes a starter. I don’t exactly think this is the next Trevor Lawrence walking out the door

CDRW was higher ranked, had way more accolades (Elite 11), and a zillion more offers and some people have already written him off. Same style QB to. Coming out of HS Wilson would be a future hall of famer compared to Sellers.

Assuming I don't need to read the 17 pages I missed based on this one page alone. Holy smokes.

CDRW was higher ranked, had way more accolades (Elite 11), and a zillion more offers and some people have already written him off. Same style QB to. Coming out of HS Wilson would be a future hall of famer compared to Sellers.
And crazy eyes, we can’t ever leave out the crazy eyes.

Attachments

• EB4CF8CC-B150-4A1E-94E3-21B2904CFD0D.jpeg
    EB4CF8CC-B150-4A1E-94E3-21B2904CFD0D.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49
Did I want Sellers to come to Syracuse? YES
After his press conference...
Do I want Syracuse to recruit Sellers after he hits the portal next year? NO

He moved on we should move on. Good luck to him getting buried on the depth chart. For an offensive coaching staff to stick with you even through the darkest times and then to show them no respect in your interview says a lot to me about the type of kid he is and the type of people he has behind him. Don't want that and I wish you get recruited over every year and South Carolina never wins a game while you are there. Good luck at Liberty.
Would you take Tony White back as a coach at a later date?

Also this Gen X fan relates this experience back to Mike Vick. Home state pressure and under recruited dynamo. Sorry as an SU fan I immediately go to a dark place when we lose a recruit :)

Anyone who says recruiting rankings do not matter ...top 5 recruiting classes in last 5 years(no particular order) ...Alabama,2x, Clemson , Georgia, LSU...National champs ...Georgia,Alabama, LSU, Clemson ,Alabama ,