Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

the deal that just went through the courts allows for control of the NIL money though. Congress can step in and control it.

Without a somewhat level playing field 100+ schools will give up.

MJ made a ton, but he also brought back a ton to Nike. There are no Pro guys getting paid endorsement money that they dont think brings back value like its happening in college.

the deal that just went through the courts allows for control of the NIL money though. Congress can step in and control it.

Without a somewhat level playing field 100+ schools will give up.

MJ made a ton, but he also brought back a ton to Nike. There are no Pro guys getting paid endorsement money that they dont think brings back value like its happening in college.
What deal was that? I missed it. The only thing I saw a while back restricted the NCAA's ability to limit it.

MJ's value to whoever he had endorsements with isn't really the issue. Wealthy boosters will be able to find ways to mask the intention of the money they give to athletes. We will always know it's pay for play, but they'll be able to paint it as an endorsement for something. The value to the booster is their team's success. We have to stop looking at this from a standpoint of logic. Logic is set aside for emotion here. And for some this is their play money. Some guys buy Ferraris and Rolls Royces. Psycho southern football fans buy college football.

Yeah this is very much, in my opinion, what NIL was created to do for the kids
NIL was not created for the kids. It was immorally, illegally, and with malice, taken from them by the NCAA, in concert with colleges, to keep the kids beholden to the schools, while coaches, administrators, and the NCAA profited enormously.

NIL was not created for the kids. It was immorally, illegally, and with malice, taken from them by the NCAA, in concert with colleges, to keep the kids beholden to the schools, while coaches, administrators, and the NCAA profited enormously. created by sleazy Florida legislators as a ruse to buy players who could win games for their alma maters, under a slew of false premises: 1) that a life-changing tuition-free college education, room, board and stipends weren't "valuable" enough to attract the players they needed to salve their egos; 2) that student athletes have individual commercial value even when stripped of their team jerseys and their schools' century-old brands; and 3) that since educational NFP's, and/or the NCAA, derive TV revenue from sports, all 500,000 student athletes in the country are automatically transformed into "employees" who are entitled to "a share of the profit".
As misguided as this is, I was actually happy to read your original post, since, if true, it would mean I'm entitled to a bunch of "NIL"checks: from SU for my contribution as a volunteer tutor for the football team; from East High School for my service as an unpaid teaching assistant in a remedial reading class; and from my undergrad' college for playing on the JV lacrosse team. On your reductive and twisted theory, they all owe me NIL simply because, while I was volunteering to play a sport or serve my university or my community, someone might have stuck a photo of me in a brochure that the institutions used to "make a lot of money".

Last edited:
As misguided as this is, I was actually happy to read your original post, since, if true, it would mean I'm entitled to a bunch of "NIL"checks: from SU for my contribution as a volunteer tutor for the football team; from East High School for my service as an unpaid teaching assistant in a remedial reading class; and from my undergrad' college for playing on the JV lacrosse team. On your reductive and twisted theory, they all owe me NIL simply because, while I was volunteering to play a sport or serve my university or my community, someone might have stuck a photo of me in a brochure that the institutions used to "make a lot of money".
Just responding, not arguing. NIL payments have existed for a long time, but were not applicable to athletes currently enrolled at the university. Some years ago there was a shoe ad that featured Ray Allen and was told from the POV of Syracuse fans fearing Ray Allen. This is when he is already in the NBA. They showed a bunch of clips of him playing against SU and because it was for private profit (Nike?) and all those amateur athletes were now professionals, all the players represented in the ad (Wallace, JB, Otis, Z, Cipolla) got money from Nike. Bernie Fine pulled the whole thing together to put them all in direct contact with Nike.

My understanding is that in some cases, as you suggest, athletes were pictured in brochures, or as in some recent cases, a poster or TV ad for the NCAA promoting the basketball tournament featuring a historic moment that cannot help also featuring a player. NCAA has in the past suggested that they are promoting amateur athletics and not necessarily featuring amateur athletes for the benefit of a not for profit organization. I think I can see the justification of that athlete wanting to be paid.

10/23 for 114 yds and 22 rushes for 68 yards. Is this considered looking good?
I watched a few rushing plays, one which sealed the game, not the stat line, so, yes. He looked good.

Not playing well at all in the second half against Kentucky. Can’t seem to hang on to the ball without a D lineman pressuring him.

He was fairly efficient though at 11 for 15 passing and 159 yds at 10.6 per completion with 2TD’s and 1 INT. Ran for only -4 yds which is surprising to me.

U of SC had a meager 252 yds of total offense but won the game 31-6!

Kentucky had a pathetic 183 yds total. What a crap game. Who are these teams coordinators?

South Carolina 31-6 Kentucky (Sep 7, 2024) Final Score - ESPN

South Carolina is hosting Gameday on Saturday. Oh well.

He was fairly efficient though at 11 for 15 passing and 159 yds at 10.6 per completion with 2TD’s and 1 INT. Ran for only -4 yds which is surprising to me.

U of SC had a meager 252 yds of total offense but won the game 31-6!

Kentucky had a pathetic 183 yds total. What a crap game. Who are these teams coordinators?

South Carolina 31-6 Kentucky (Sep 7, 2024) Final Score - ESPN

This is the vaunted SEC.