Class of 2025 - QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

I was watching Jakhari during warmups against UNLV - I really like him. I think he's the next best QB on the team and I fully expect him to be in the conversation for starter next year if McCord doesn't get an additional year.
warmups? we talking 'bout warmups? not a practice, we talking bout warmups. Iverson would be proud

As much as we struck gold with Kyle, I'm not sure I agree with your Ohio St regretting how it has worked out with Will Howard. He's having a great year. Also, I don't think Johnson has another year of eligibility. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

The prevailing opinion I keep hearing in Ohio:
- 'Who cares, Howard is a much better QB anyway.'
- 'Why couldn't he play that way for us?'

Not one or the other. Both.

I really enjoy when Michigan beats OSU.

Last edited:

New article on Luke!
IMG_6356.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to ( unrealistically) think that we won't skip a beat. McCord has spoiled me rotten.
Unless we bring in another proven portal QB we will certainly skip a couple beats. Kyle has been absolutely amazing. If fanbase can identify bad QB play it’s us. I’m trying to enjoy this year as much as possible and hope we can capitalize on having a no doubt top 5 QB in the country. He’s certainly spoiling us.

Good read and accolades... My only question is how good are the TX private school leagues??
I have no idea at all. But I do know that football in TX is a different animal, so a mid tier league down there would probably be more competitive than any league in NYS. And again I don’t know anything just guessing.

I have no idea at all. But I do know that football in TX is a different animal, so a mid tier league down there would probably be more competitive than any league in NYS. And again I don’t know anything just guessing.

Yeah me neither.

Who was our last private school QB?? Andrew Robinson??

Unless we bring in another proven portal QB we will certainly skip a couple beats. Kyle has been absolutely amazing. If fanbase can identify bad QB play it’s us. I’m trying to enjoy this year as much as possible and hope we can capitalize on having a no doubt top 5 QB in the country. He’s certainly spoiling us.
Well said. I think this season is a great showcase for Fran and company as well. We most certainly will be adding a proven portal QB this off-season. One more season of a proven QB on the portal should be enough for Williams and Carney to get their feet wet and a full season of competition between the two.

It’s a lot easier for Fran and company to sell the idea now to a proven QB transfer when we have evidence of great success doing it now. You think Fran is a great recruiter now, wait until he has proven success under his belt as head coach. If you are a proven portal QB too, you’ll have maybe Allen next year, Willis, then you’ll be throwing to Peña, Zeed (hopefully), Tremble, Ross, Gill, Hornsby….we have playmakers for sure. I think we have a couple studs coming in next year at receiver that are playmakers too, specifically Williams and McFadden. We have a lot to work with right now. I like the position we are in

Shrader, DeVito, Hunt, and Nassib were all private school alums.

I was thinking more just a private school that is not a football factory. Don Bosco (Devito) and Malvern (Nassib) are privates specializing in college football factory athlete prep.

Is this Dallas Christian school a similar football factory or is it just a private school with a decent football program?

Last edited:
I was thinking more just a private school that is not a football factory. Don Bosco (Devito) and Malvern (Nassib) are privates specializing in college football factory athlete prep.

Is this Dallas Christian school a similar football factory or is it just a private school with a decent football program?

William Nettles, a 2024 CB, ended up at SMU, but doesn't have any stats.
Zach Hernandez, a 2023 RB also ended up at SMU, has 2 carries for 6 yards as a redshirt freshman.

Porter Nix, a 2024 OL ended up at Air Force, but don't see him on the roster.

Gabriel Grubbs, a 2022 S ended up at Marshall, but no longer on the roster.

Probably better.
Dallas Christian School is a private, preparatory Christian day school for boys and girls located in Mesquite, Texas. The school offers classes for students ranging from pre-kindergarten through the twelfth grade. Dallas Christian School is a member of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS).

TypePrivate, Church of Christ
MottoCharacter, Citizenship, Christ
Established1957
Faculty70
Number of students735 coed students (K-12)
CampusSuburban, 60 acres
MascotChargers
AthleticsMen's and Women's sports
Websitewww.dallaschristian.com

Dallas Christian has a long history of success in a variety of sports. In men's athletics, the football, baseball, and golf programs have won multiple consecutive state championships. The women's athletics program has the most recent run of state championships for Dallas Christian, with the women's basketball team earning back-to-back state titles in 2016 and 2017.

Dallas Christian State Championships:

Baseball: 1984, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007,2019

Football: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2008, 2021, 2022

Men's Basketball: 1996

Women's Basketball: 2016, 2017, 2022

Men's Golf: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1997

Probably better.
FYI: Texas Christian is a private school with good athletes and good coaches - they are not a factory per say but the school has a great sports program which include football. With 735 students this is not your prime Texas high Schools for FB. For those that are see below.

For the first time this year, there are no changes in the High School Football America Texas Top 25 high school football rankings, powered by NFL Play Football. No. 1 Duncanville solidified its spot with a solid 42-20 win over No. 5 DeSoto in a battle of programs that have won two straight state title each.

Texas Top 25 high school football rankings – Week 7

TOPICS:Duncanville HIgh Schoolhigh school footballTexas high school footballTexas Top 25

Posted By: Jeff Fisher October 13, 2024

For the first time this year, there are no changes in the High School Football America Texas Top 25 high school football rankings, powered by NFL Play Football.

No. 1 Duncanville solidified its spot with a solid 42-20 win over No. 5 DeSoto in a battle of programs that have won two straight state title each. Alabama-recruit Keelon Russell tossed six touchdown passes in the victory.

The District 26-6A championship chase will begin heating up this week. The district features three ranked teams that are unbeaten. This wee, No. 12 Lake Travis (6-0 overall, 2-0 district) travels to No. 25 Dripping Springs (6-1 overall, 3-0 district).

The following week, LT will be at home to face No. 8 Westlake (5-1 overall, 2-0 district). Dripping Springs will play Westlake in the regular season finale for both on November 8.

No. 17 Katy has a big one this week against unbeaten Katy Jordan in District 19-6A. Both teams are ranked in the HSFA 300 national rankings.

High School Football America Texas Top 25

Ranking/Team
Record
Last Week
No. 1 Duncanville​
(5-0)​
1​
No. 2 North Shore​
(6-0)​
2​
No. 3 North Crowley​
(6-0)​
3​
No. 4 Atascocita​
(6-0)​
4​
No. 5 DeSoto​
(4-2)​
5​
No. 6 Southlake Carroll​
(7-0)​
6​
No. 7 Summer Creek​
(5-1)​
7​
No. 8 Westlake​
(5-1)​
8​
No. 9 Coppell​
(6-0)​
9​
No. 10 Denton Guyer​
(4-2)​
10​
No. 11 Aledo​
(6-1)​
11​
No. 12 Lake Travis​
(7-0)​
12​
No. 13 Cibolo Steele​
(6-1)​
13​
No. 14 Port Neches-Groves​
(6-0)​
14​
No. 15 Allen​
(6-0)​
15​
No. 16 South Oak Cliff​
(4-2)​
16​
No. 17 Katy​
(5-1)​
17​
No. 18 Texas​
(7-0)​
18​
No. 19 Highland Park​
(5-1)​
19​
No. 20 Fort Bend Hightower​
(6-0)​
20​
No. 21 Longview​
(4-2)​
21​
No. 22 Euless Trinity​
(5-1)​
22​
No. 23 Byron Nelson​
(4-2)​
23​
No. 24 Vandegrift​
(5-1)​
24​
No. 25 Dripping Springs​
(6-1)​
25​

FYI: Texas Christian is a private school with good athletes and good coaches - they are not a factory per say but the school has a great sports program which include football. With 735 students this is not your prime Texas high Schools for FB. For those that are see below.

For the first time this year, there are no changes in the High School Football America Texas Top 25 high school football rankings, powered by NFL Play Football. No. 1 Duncanville solidified its spot with a solid 42-20 win over No. 5 DeSoto in a battle of programs that have won two straight state title each.

Texas Top 25 high school football rankings – Week 7

TOPICS:Duncanville HIgh Schoolhigh school footballTexas high school footballTexas Top 25

Posted By: Jeff Fisher October 13, 2024

For the first time this year, there are no changes in the High School Football America Texas Top 25 high school football rankings, powered by NFL Play Football.

No. 1 Duncanville solidified its spot with a solid 42-20 win over No. 5 DeSoto in a battle of programs that have won two straight state title each. Alabama-recruit Keelon Russell tossed six touchdown passes in the victory.

The District 26-6A championship chase will begin heating up this week. The district features three ranked teams that are unbeaten. This wee, No. 12 Lake Travis (6-0 overall, 2-0 district) travels to No. 25 Dripping Springs (6-1 overall, 3-0 district).

The following week, LT will be at home to face No. 8 Westlake (5-1 overall, 2-0 district). Dripping Springs will play Westlake in the regular season finale for both on November 8.

No. 17 Katy has a big one this week against unbeaten Katy Jordan in District 19-6A. Both teams are ranked in the HSFA 300 national rankings.

High School Football America Texas Top 25

Ranking/Team
Record
Last Week
No. 1 Duncanville​
(5-0)​
1​
No. 2 North Shore​
(6-0)​
2​
No. 3 North Crowley​
(6-0)​