Class of 2025 - QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

I don’t know how you can say that with what we witnessed the last 20 years. They obviously do and prove it year after year. In all respect to Luke, who I think has a chance of being a great QB, how many of these type of QB’s have we anointed as ranked too low and will turn the program around?

All you have to do is look at where Dino’s classes were ranked and where most of them ended up (Both guys who were cut and offer pulled). Every single one of our classes deserved to be ranked just about where they were. It’s easy for anyone to pick out 5 and 4 stars based on side, speed, agility, and dominant performance. When you get down to the 3 stars it comes down to evaluation and development. Sure there will be outliers, but I’d trade our spot every single time with a program consistently ranked in the top 25 recruiting rankings. The same 10 teams aren’t just stumbling there way into the major bowl games year after year.

bullet-holes_cc2.png

If you look at Carney's profile on Maxpreps it only has stats for one game listed for this season so far at it was a 42-49 L on 8/31. Says he was 3 of 5 passing for 44 yds and had 5 rushes for 48 yds in that one. Wonder if he got banged up in that game. If so, assuming it was minor as he was apparently back playing this past week and played well.

Luke Carney's Dallas Christian High School Football Stats

Good stuff. Sounds like a passer who can get some yards with his legs. Nice!
Yup. Looking at his highlights you can see he has really good athleticism. Going to a private school, I'm guessing the only knock is that he doesn't maybe play against the high end Texas programs. But watching how he plays I don't see why his skills wouldn't translate to any level. He appears to have everything your looking for in a QB.

If you look at Carney's profile on Maxpreps it only has stats for one game listed for this season so far at it was a 42-49 L on 8/31. Says he was 3 of 5 passing for 44 yds and had 5 rushes for 48 yds in that one. Wonder if he got banged up in that game. If so, assuming it was minor as he was apparently back playing this past week and played well.

Luke Carney's Dallas Christian High School Football Stats
Screenshot_20240913-112405_Chrome.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom