Class of 2025 - QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Luke Carney (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/24)

Agreed.

But [this has nothing to do with your post above -- general comment] QB recruits are a crapshoot. Even at factories, who bring in highly rated QB prospects every year, many of them don't pan out for any variety of reasons.

We have two young QB prospects -- Jakhari Williams and Carney -- who both are intriguing. Remains to be seen whether either of them prove to be an ACC caliber player, let alone a starter. Maybe one will. Maybe they both will. Maybe one [or both] needs another year or two of development before they're ready.

But with McCord having such a great season, I have to think that's going to be attractive to potential portal QBs looking for a program that will let them show their stuff. And McCord's video game statistics will give the coaches something to "sell" on the recruiting trail to experienced QBs looking for a change of scenery.

Unless Williams looks like the second coming of Marvin Graves, or the coaches view Carney as being ready to take over on day 1 [which seems unlikely for an incoming true frosh], I'd have to expect that the coaching staff will be hitting the portal hard at QB, looking to bring in a starter.
I was watching Jakhari during warmups against UNLV - I really like him. I think he's the next best QB on the team and I fully expect him to be in the conversation for starter next year if McCord doesn't get an additional year.

I was watching Jakhari during warmups against UNLV - I really like him. I think he's the next best QB on the team and I fully expect him to be in the conversation for starter next year if McCord doesn't get an additional year.
kids a stud so is the Carney kid

I think we better enjoy Kyle why we can. I still cant believe that Fran landed him.

Is there any expectation that he could be eligible for one? Whats the reasoning?
He had his redshirt burned his freshman year due to his coach putting him into a game late in the season for 1 play. So the theory is that there could be grounds for a petition to the NCAA for additional year. But obviously if he decides to go pro it's a moot point. Which he likely will I'd think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom