QB situation going forward | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

QB situation going forward

The same awful offense that won the two games prior?

If you think he’s not limited as a thrower, I’m not sure what to think lol
They barely won those two games and the BC game had a punt return for a score. Oh and GS threw a perfect pass while being crushed to win the game at VT.

That's great, in theory, but we seem to miss on our top 4 or 5 QBs every single cycle.
Yeah, that's a different issue. Should they stop trying? Nope. Bring 1-2 in every cycle.

Yeah, that's a different issue. Should they stop trying? Nope. Bring 1-2 in every cycle.

I agree. We need to be doing that at a few key positions.

Lets see what happens the next 2 weeks. GS pulled out a win against a first round pick already if he beats Pickett we aren't adding.

I'm not sure he can make it 12 games.

Our WRs are not good.

I was responding to this line in your post "If there is one on the roster that is the compromise, it's Lamson, from what some people have said."
My reply was that we all heard that before about Devito.
What is my agenda anyway?
The conversation was about the depth of the QB room. I said we had little and that it was a possibility that Lamson, based on what some people in the know have said, may be the hybrid the other poster mentioned. You took the opportunity to slam Babers and his decision making which had nothing to do with the discussion.

They barely won those two games and the BC game had a punt return for a score. Oh and GS threw a perfect pass while being crushed to win the game at VT.
Limited means he’s good sometimes but inconsistent

I’ve been consistent on his inconsistency

He’s a tough leader and I think he’s the right guy going fwd - and he can improve some as a thrower.

Shrader hasn’t been the same since the end of the Virginia Tech game. He got into a nice rhythm during that game and seemed to be improving with his accuracy. He took some nasty shots and I’m guessing he’s playing at far less than 100%. Here’s to hoping he has a good week of healing. I think we matchup far better with NC State than Louisville and I’m expecting a close game.

The conversation was about the depth of the QB room. I said we had little and that it was a possibility that Lamson, based on what some people in the know have said, may be the hybrid the other poster mentioned. You took the opportunity to slam Babers and his decision making which had nothing to do with the discussion.
I didn't say anything about Babers in this post.

I didn't say anything about Babers in this post.
Get a referral to a neurologist. The alzheimer's seems to be coming on.

Were you talking about a different Dino when you said he, "Dino never makes a change on his decisions until his back is against a wall?"

Admittedly, that's not the harshest thing anyone has said, but it was out of place in the conversation.

Our QB1 is the least of our worries. If we were to lose him it would be devastating to our team. We need our WRs to start getting better seperation on routes, our OL needs to give GS more time in the pocket, and Dino has to have our boys ready to play every game day. Also our play calling needs to be more aggressive when we’re down.

Last edited:
Get a referral to a neurologist. The alzheimer's seems to be coming on.

Were you talking about a different Dino when you said he, "Dino never makes a change on his decisions until his back is against a wall?"

Admittedly, that's not the harshest thing anyone has said, but it was out of place in the conversation.
Ok, there is no need to belittle ANYONE with personnel references. It just makes the poster to look like they are scrambling for a point.

Our QB1 is the least of our worries. If we were to lose him it would be devastating to our team. We need our WRs to start getting better seperation on routes, our OL needs to give GS more time in the pocket, and Dino has to have our boys ready to play every game day. Also our play calling needs to be more aggressive when we’re down.
we also need our D not to get boat raced. With our O as it is currently designed and manned, we need to play rock fights - Saturday our D did not allow that to happen and we became even easier to defend.

Wasn’t Lamson an All-Stare safety as a sophomore?
That is why a said started his junior year. One year and was already getting p5 looks and offers. If he keeps developing he could be really good for us.
I feel he has moved up the depth chart. Maybe one of the reasons markowitz transferred.

Shrader hasn’t been the same since the end of the Virginia Tech game. He got into a nice rhythm during that game and seemed to be improving with his accuracy. He took some nasty shots and I’m guessing he’s playing at far less than 100%. Here’s to hoping he has a good week of healing. I think we matchup far better with NC State than Louisville and I’m expecting a close game.
Concern of nc st. is that our secondary is a weakness right now. Maybe if we do not sell out to stop the run the safeties can help but have been beaten a lot this year. We were fortunate in a number of games that the other team missed wide open receivers.

I find it more of a travesty that down 35 in the fourth quarter that we couldn’t give any of our backup QBs any run. I would have loved to see Lamson get a series. He can still redshirt. If Shrader is the best option, rest him and save some hits on the body for the last two games.
Now this makes a ton of sense! What is the matter with DFB for not giving Lamson or Tex some run? Oops….did Tex xfer?

I have always thought that we need a qb that can run. We never have great o-lines and the qb that takes the ball, avoids a sack and runs for 6 + yards is the difference for us.

Nassib was the only exception to the rule, but the head coach was a top OL guy.

I guess Philcox too for you old people.

Eh - I think you almost always want a dual threat guy no matter who you are and what shape your OL is in. Finding one who can do both things well enough to win in the ACC isn’t easy.

Not breaking any new ground here, but that’s why our OC and QB coach are so important. A) they attract talent and B) they can take some raw ingredients and build a QB up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom