Class of 2024 - QB Trever Jackson (FL) Committed to FSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Trever Jackson (FL) Committed to FSU

I guess I don’t follow recruiting close enough. It just seemed that adding 4 QBs at one time seemed a bit excessive and I don’t recall it being done before.
Ok, I'll clarify, and this is only my opinion. Come August the only two QBs we currently have that will be in the QB room are McCord and Williams. I do not believe Fran will view CDRW or Davis as options. I believe CDRW will never take another snap for us and Davis will be at a different position if he stays. I bellieve Fran will add 2 more from somewhere. In a perfect world, we find a transfer who is a promising P5 guy with 3 years left that sees no avenue to playing at his current school or a G5 guy that has torn it up and wants to step up a level and another high schooler like Jackson. That leaves 4 qbs in the room, 3 of which are poised to compete for the starting job in 2025

Last edited:
Ok, I'll clarify, and this is only my opinion. Come August the only two QBs we currently have that will be in the QB room are McCord and Williams. I do not believe Fran will view CDRW or Davis is options. I believe CDRW will never take another snap for us and Davis will be at a different position if he stays. I bellieve Fran will add 2 more from somewhere. In a perfect world, we find a transfer who is a promising P5 guy with 3 years left that sees no avenue to playing at his current school or a G5 guy that has torn it up and wants to step up a level and another high schooler like Jackson. That leaves 4 qbs in the room, 3 of which are poised to compete for the starting job in 2025
After watching him live yesterday, I’m not sure what position Davis would even translate to. And he’s not a True Frosh, he’s a RF. But he looks like a true Frosh.

We’re absolutely taking Jackson if he wants to come. Even if we had 10 QBs in the room. HCFB is going to recruit over these weird developmental takes that HCDB and OCJB made the mistake of water logging our roster with. QBs that can’t throw are a thing of the past at SU now. Hop in that portal or switch positions.

I think Davis will still be here. He held his own last night despite what a sh!tshow everything was. Even the announcers were saying he needed more of an opportunity. In between discussing movie plots.

This is just me thinking out loud -- not specifically a reaction to your post, Nick.

I was hoping to see Davis get more run yesterday, as an audition [for lack of another way to put it] for next year. And also because we didn't see him play outside of a handful of snaps in the first game. I didn't expect to see much, but wanted to see what he was capable of and see what his arm talent looked like.

Based upon what we saw yesterday, I don't think he fits into the future plans. Problem is, he's already used his free transfer, so I don't know what he's going to do.

And I've seen enough of CDRW to know that he isn't good enough, either. At this point, I think he needs to get the talk, and I'd be extremely pleased to replace him with a player like Jackson.

Need to start over, I think.

And I don't care who the successor to McCord eventually is. Jackson, Williams, some other recruit, a portal transfer -- whatever. May the best player win.
For the time being, the courts recently said one can transfer multiple times without having to sit a year.

Ok, I'll clarify, and this is only my opinion. Come August the only two QBs we currently have that will be in the QB room are McCord and Williams. I do not believe Fran will view CDRW or Davis is options. I believe CDRW will never take another snap for us and Davis will be at a different position if he stays. I bellieve Fran will add 2 more from somewhere. In a perfect world, we find a transfer who is a promising P5 guy with 3 years left that sees no avenue to playing at his current school or a G5 guy that has torn it up and wants to step up a level and another high schooler like Jackson. That leaves 4 qbs in the room, 3 of which are poised to compete for the starting job in 2025
Getting multiple quality QBs is tough as it's the one position where the only time a backup plays is when the starter is injured.

Big boy programs do big boy program things.

Yeah... I just don't get the perspective about not recruiting multiple players at a position -- especially one as important as quarterback -- because you don't want to ruffle the feathers of other guys you've recruited.

To be clear, I LOVE Jakhari Williams as a prospect. But a program like ours needs to plant a lot of seeds to land difference-making QBs. Hell, that's even true of factories like Ohio State that pull 4-star and 5-star QBs all the time. Some pan out, some don't, some never live up to the lofty ratings, some transfer out before ever seeing the field.

And that's at a factory that lands guys like that every freaking season. So if we can land a prospect like Trever Jackson in the same class as Jakhari, you do it without hesitation, and then see what the players do.

No different than bringing in both McNabb and Kevin Johnson the same class as QB prospects, and then seeing how the chips fall.

Maybe Jackson is a stud who lives up to the 4-star rating. Maybe Jakhari ends up being a stud who beats him out. Or maybe neither one pans out. Time will tell, but delimiting the choices only delimits the chances that one of them DOES emerge as a top-flight QB to lead our program after McCord.

After watching him live yesterday, I’m not sure what position Davis would even translate to. And he’s not a True Frosh, he’s a RF. But he looks like a true Frosh.
He looked like a nice fluid athlete. I don't know if that translates to moving to WR or safety or something. He may leave too.

Getting multiple quality QBs is tough as it's the one position where the only time a backup plays is when the starter is injured.
It is tough. Two months ago I would say highly unlikely, but Fran has already made me believe anything is possible. And really, what I described isn't multiple quality backups. It's 1 quality backup that plans to compete for what he knows is an open job next year and two high school prospects that both think they're good enough to win that same job.

Yeah... I just don't get the perspective about not recruiting multiple players at a position -- especially one as important as quarterback -- because you don't want to ruffle the feathers of other guys you've recruited.
To be fair, I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't recruit multiple QBs. I think they're saying it's not likely you can land multiple good ones. In the past that may have been the case for us. I'm not sure it is anymore.

Jackson has really good tape to my eye. This would be a great addition - and I don't ever care how many QBs are already in the room. Fran Brown will do Fran Brown things. Keep adding as many playmakers as you can to this class. It's a one time opportunity to churn the roster beyond the NCAA limits.

Please look at his senior season stats.

Ole Miss cut him loose. Most of his offers aren't committable anymore.

We don't need another Braden Davis.
Dude Braden Davis is the next Caleb Williams. Nunz is an idiot. He should have thrown 40 passes last night, I mean he would have had 10 fumbles but it all balances out :confused:

GREAT OFFER!!!!
Generally speaking I prioritize QB recruits that look like a farting frog when they snap from under center. But that’s just me.

Last edited:
I guess I don’t follow recruiting close enough. It just seemed that adding 4 QBs at one time seemed a bit excessive and I don’t recall it being done before.
The problem is I don’t recall a P5 team not having a QB on the roster capable of playing QB for the last 3-4 games.

We present a great opportunity for Trever to learn for a year and get a fair shot to win the job and lead Cuse for the next 4 years

Please look at his senior season stats.

Ole Miss cut him loose. Most of his offers aren't committable anymore.

We don't need another Braden Davis.
Not good as far as passing stats, looks like he ran well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom