Class of 2024 - QB Trever Jackson (FL) Committed to FSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Trever Jackson (FL) Committed to FSU

Please look at his senior season stats.

Ole Miss cut him loose. Most of his offers aren't committable anymore.

We don't need another Braden Davis.

I mean you could be right but this is from the new staff correct? I would give them a chance to see their evaluations through.

If he played more, he may have been killed. That one shot he took was enough.
Maybe. He took a few hard shots that game and bounced back each time. I like him, but that's just me. Hope he sticks. Wilson however. If he's still here next year, it will definitely be at a different position.

The problem is I don’t recall a P5 team not having a QB on the roster capable of playing QB for the last 3-4 games.

We present a great opportunity for Trever to learn for a year and get a fair shot to win the job and lead Cuse for the next 4 years
I don't know. I'm not sure FSU had one.

I mean you could be right but this is from the new staff correct? I would give them a chance to see their evaluations through.
The article is extremely vague. It doesn't even look like we've offered?

I'd be shocked if power schools are looking at a guy that got benched after a few games for being so terrible at the position as a QB.

Maybe an athlete? Idk, but this is when you have to look deeper than Elite 11/SEC Commit/Stars

The article is extremely vague. It doesn't even look like we've offered?

I'd be shocked if power schools are looking at a guy that got benched after a few games for being so terrible at the position as a QB.

Maybe an athlete? Idk, but this is when you have to look deeper than Elite 11/SEC Commit/Stars
I wish they would have made a push or kicked the tires on AJ Surace but I think they knew that was probably a non starter

I wish they would have made a push or kicked the tires on AJ Surace but I think they knew that was probably a non starter
I’m still wondering if Steve Angeli is a real option.

I don’t mind kids like Jackson here if they clearly translate to other positions. Like Jakhari Williams - extremely good athletes that could play DB and play it well. In the Joe Fields, Kevin Johnson, Dan Villari mold. I expected when we took Davis last year he was in that mold but watching him, it looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over and I just don’t see it.

I’m still wondering if Steve Angeli is a real option.

I don’t mind kids like Jackson here if they clearly translate to other positions. Like Jakhari Williams - extremely good athletes that could play DB and play it well. In the Joe Fields, Kevin Johnson, Dan Villari mold. I expected when we took Davis last year he was in that mold but watching him, it looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over and I just don’t see it.
If Angeli is entering the portal after the bowl game, he knows that he's a backup with either SU or Notre Dame next year. He has to decide where he has the best chance of starting in 2025. Or maybe he shows out in the bowl game and transfers somewhere he can start in 2024.

Would be brought in as an athlete
TREVER JACKSON DECOMMIT FROM OLE MISS
#3 QB/ 6' 3" 190/ DUAL THREAT/ 4.6 40

trever-jackson.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

>>FAST= 4.6 - 4.69<<

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 - BO JACKSON FASTEST RECORDED ALL TIME 4.13, 1986 AUBURN INDOORS

GREAT VISION
THROWS A NICE BALL
VERY NICE TOUCH DEPENDING ON PLAY
CAN THROW A VERY FAST BALL THROUGH TIGHT WINDOWS OR THROW HIGH ARCING BALL ON A GO ROUTE FOR RECEIVERS TO CATCH EASILY
GOOD RUNNER, ELUSIVE
FAST
ACCURATE

APRIL 25, 2023

“It was big time for me,” Jackson said of his stellar performance at the Elite 11 Regional camp in Orlando earlier this month where he earned high marks for average velocity (51.7 mph) and average release time (0.37 seconds) on a series of 12 throws performed under the microscope of cameras.

“Even though I’m not a four- or five-star, I showed I can compete with them and showed that I can beat them.”

“Trever had a really strong day throwing the football, and you have to have the requisite physical ability to get in the club, so to speak,” said Brian Stumpf, president of the Elite 11. “Just going around the group of coaches, they all said he was consistent and flashed physical ability in each drill, tested well enough, measured 6-3, 190 pounds, checked all the boxes. He was in a good group with eight or 10 guys who will be Power 5 or Group of 5 QBs, and he was the pied-piper of the group in terms of an engaging personality, wanting to be coached and being a leader. That’s the stuff we look at — the stuff that doesn’t always show up on film.”

Jackson is a late riser at the quarterback position, in part, because he didn’t start for his varsity team until he was a junior. He led West Orange to a 7-5 season last fall, completing 59.3 percent of his 162 pass attempts for 1,559 yards, 16 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also ran for 306 yards and six touchdowns, flashing the kind of athleticism and energy that caught the eye of Elite 11 evaluators. His basketball skills — including a 35-inch vertical — show up in testing.

TREVER JACKSON DECOMMIT FROM OLE MISS
#3 QB/ 6' 3" 190/ DUAL THREAT/ 4.6 40

trever-jackson.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

>>FAST= 4.6 - 4.69<<

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 - BO JACKSON FASTEST RECORDED ALL TIME 4.13, 1986 AUBURN INDOORS

GREAT VISION
THROWS A NICE BALL
VERY NICE TOUCH DEPENDING ON PLAY
CAN THROW A VERY FAST BALL THROUGH TIGHT WINDOWS OR THROW HIGH ARCING BALL ON A GO ROUTE FOR RECEIVERS TO CATCH EASILY
GOOD RUNNER, ELUSIVE
FAST
ACCURATE

APRIL 25, 2023

“It was big time for me,” Jackson said of his stellar performance at the Elite 11 Regional camp in Orlando earlier this month where he earned high marks for average velocity (51.7 mph) and average release time (0.37 seconds) on a series of 12 throws performed under the microscope of cameras.

“Even though I’m not a four- or five-star, I showed I can compete with them and showed that I can beat them.”

“Trever had a really strong day throwing the football, and you have to have the requisite physical ability to get in the club, so to speak,” said Brian Stumpf, president of the Elite 11. “Just going around the group of coaches, they all said he was consistent and flashed physical ability in each drill, tested well enough, measured 6-3, 190 pounds, checked all the boxes. He was in a good group with eight or 10 guys who will be Power 5 or Group of 5 QBs, and he was the pied-piper of the group in terms of an engaging personality, wanting to be coached and being a leader. That’s the stuff we look at — the stuff that doesn’t always show up on film.”

Jackson is a late riser at the quarterback position, in part, because he didn’t start for his varsity team until he was a junior. He led West Orange to a 7-5 season last fall, completing 59.3 percent of his 162 pass attempts for 1,559 yards, 16 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also ran for 306 yards and six touchdowns, flashing the kind of athleticism and energy that caught the eye of Elite 11 evaluators. His basketball skills — including a 35-inch vertical — show up in testing.
He's not accurate. He got benched in his senior year after throwing for 50% completion.

He's not accurate. He got benched in his senior year after throwing for 50% completion.
Why don't you tell the staff not to pursue him due to his 50" completion rate.

The QB coaches are there to mentor him and make him better.

It was very clear, first two paragraphs.
Now that the link has changed, it's clear. The original hyperlink went to a rivals article that wasn't clear that he was actually offered.

That being said, I still don't believe that we've offered him, and that rivals was reading into comments he made.

Why don't you tell the staff not to pursue him due to his 50" completion rate.

The QB coaches are there to mentor him and make him better.
If everyone could be “coached up” it wouldn’t really matter who we brought in and we know this is not true.

If everyone could be “coached up” it wouldn’t really matter who we brought in and we know this is not true.
Yea usually if you aren’t good enough in HS to start all of the coaching up in the world most likely wouldn’t matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom