Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player A (per 100 possessions):
7.6 FGM 16.9 FGA .451 FG% 2.73 3P 7.2 3PA .376 3P% .808 FT% 4.0 TRB 6.0 A 3.6 TOs 3.6 PF 20.8 PTs
Player B (per 100 possessions):
8.2 FGM 21.7 FGA .376 FG% 2.9 3p 9.0 3PA .325 3P% .719 FT% 5.6 TRB 7.7 A 5.5 TOs 4.2PF 23.3 PTs
Could you please call them Plan A & B instead of Player A & B?

Could you please call them Plan A & B instead of Player A & B?
While I think Plan A/Player A would have been nice...I am very happy with the improvement of Plan B/Player B!

While I think Plan A/Player A would have been nice...I am very happy with the improvement of Plan B/Player B!
As am I, FH was a huge component of the teams' success(es) this season. I think some are undervaluing QG a bit because he didn't play as many minutes as FH did. And he's a frosh vs a much bigger Jr.

Pace is one of the most underrated players we have ever had, imo. Also possibly the strangest. 6'5" guard, who shot 20 career threes and shot 50% from the line. Senior year averaged 10/5/3.8 with 1.5 steals. Would imagine not many players since him have put up similar numbers. Ironically, Paul Harris is one of them his soph year.

The more I think about these stats, the weirder and weirder his game becomes. That little lefty floater in the lane was a true trademark shot. One of my favorite players.

His junior year he shot 50.8% from the field, and 39% from the line! 39%!!!

I wanted to do a search, based on his senior year stats, to see how many guys this past season had a statline remotely close to him.

I set the search pretty broadly, any player who averaged more than 8 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3 assists per game (i would love to do it per 40 min, but bbref isn't letting me) and took fewer than 50 3 pointers. There were 16 guys in all of college basketball last year who met those standards. But wait, I set it for 50 3 pointers attempted, Josh Pace as a senior took 3 (3!!!) 3 pointers. If you keep everything else, and change the 3 point attempts down to 10 (still 3 times more than Josh took as a senior) you get...1 player! Chris Wray, from Mt. St Marys. And he's listed at 6-8 190, so he's probably at least a 4, if not a 5.

Truly a unique player.

I wanted to do a search, based on his senior year stats, to see how many guys this past season had a statline remotely close to him.

I set the search pretty broadly, any player who averaged more than 8 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3 assists per game (i would love to do it per 40 min, but bbref isn't letting me) and took fewer than 50 3 pointers. There were 16 guys in all of college basketball last year who met those standards. But wait, I set it for 50 3 pointers attempted, Josh Pace as a senior took 3 (3!!!) 3 pointers. If you keep everything else, and change the 3 point attempts down to 10 (still 3 times more than Josh took as a senior) you get...1 player! Chris Wray, from Mt. St Marys. And he's listed at 6-8 190, so he's probably at least a 4, if not a 5.

Truly a unique player.
It's truly amazing how any player with a jump shot like his(basically the ugliest shot I think I have ever seen), was ever able to score at all!! So you are right, there's no way there's been another player like him, that had some success in college!

Great post...great research!

Truly a unique player.

It's unbelievable. And you just backed up what I was pretty much certain about. Nobody is like he was.

I wonder if he could play right now the way he was in 2005, or he'd have to adapt somewhat. (It's funny, if you look at the 3 point rates, they haven't changed nearly as much in college as they have in the nba. for instance, in 2005, the average team took 33% of their field goals from 3, this year, it's 37.5%, that's an increase of 13.6%. In 2005, the average NBA team took 19.7% of their field goals from 3. This year, it's 33.7%, an increase of nearly 70%)

I just remember watching him when I was in school, his only move seemed to be the lefty floater in the lane, and he somehow always got to it.

That's a fun team page to look at on Ken Pom, we took only 25.5% of our shots from 3, 308th in the country. We made 31.2% of them, 286th in the country. But we were 9th in the nation in 2 point %, and 7th in offensive rebounding, so we were a top 15 offense.

We took 495 3's that year, Gmac took 315 of them, which is an absurd 63.6% of our 3's. I don't know how to search that, but I'd wager no other team in the last 15 years has had one guy take such a large % of their 3's. The rest of the team shot 49-180, "good" for 27.2%, from 3.

Player A (per 100 possessions):
7.6 FGM 16.9 FGA .451 FG% 2.73 3P 7.2 3PA .376 3P% .808 FT% 4.0 TRB 6.0 A 3.6 TOs 3.6 PF 20.8 PTs
Player B (per 100 possessions):
8.2 FGM 21.7 FGA .376 FG% 2.9 3p 9.0 3PA .325 3P% .719 FT% 5.6 TRB 7.7 A 5.5 TOs 4.2PF 23.3 PTs

ETA: Tempo and minutes played matters when comparing numbers.

Talent around you also plays a role.

Truly a unique player.
Pace shot 10 3's as a freshman. He shot 10 total over his final 3 years. It's crazy that he never could develop any sort of outside shot but was still an effective player that scored nearly 1,000 pts.

And we used him and Billy Edelin on the court together at various times in the 3 seasons they both were here. Two guards with no outside game at all, insanity.

Pace shot 10 3's as a freshman. He shot 10 total over his final 3 years. It's crazy that he never could develop any sort of outside shot but was still an effective player that scored nearly 1,000 pts.

And we used him and Billy Edelin on the court together at various times in the 3 seasons they both were here. Two guards with no outside game at all, insanity.

It doesn't make any sense.

I wonder if he could play right now the way he was in 2005, or he'd have to adapt somewhat. (It's funny, if you look at the 3 point rates, they haven't changed nearly as much in college as they have in the nba. for instance, in 2005, the average team took 33% of their field goals from 3, this year, it's 37.5%, that's an increase of 13.6%. In 2005, the average NBA team took 19.7% of their field goals from 3. This year, it's 33.7%, an increase of nearly 70%)

I just remember watching him when I was in school, his only move seemed to be the lefty floater in the lane, and he somehow always got to it.

That's a fun team page to look at on Ken Pom, we took only 25.5% of our shots from 3, 308th in the country. We made 31.2% of them, 286th in the country. But we were 9th in the nation in 2 point %, and 7th in offensive rebounding, so we were a top 15 offense.

We took 495 3's that year, Gmac took 315 of them, which is an absurd 63.6% of our 3's. I don't know how to search that, but I'd wager no other team in the last 15 years has had one guy take such a large % of their 3's. The rest of the team shot 49-180, "good" for 27.2%, from 3.

I felt like watching the 2005 team that the only player who ever took 3s was Gmac...and all his shots were from beyond the arc.

If the latest rumor is true that 5 star PG Tyrese Maxey might join Kentucky WITH Hagans, I'd have to believe that Quade Green is as good as gone at Kentucky?

Tyrese Maxey considering reclassification to 2018

Just saw this and was going to post... definitely seems green leaving is going to happen. Gunna be interesting to see how this plays out and how long it takes until we hear about it officially. Love this off season stuff!

Ashton Hagans, 2019 recruit has committed to Kentucky basketball. His parents say that he will not reclassify to play for Kentucky in 2018-2019. The question is that the famous last words for the parents before Coach Cal gets his way and Hagans plays in 2018-2019. If Hagans does not play in 2018-2019 in accordance with his parents' wishes, only Immanuel Quickley really stands in the way for Quade Green to be the "point guard" for Kentucky in 2018-2019. I would imagine that Quade would rather stick with Kentucky and fight for his starting position rather than transfer and run to another college and not play in 2018-2019.

Last edited:
Ashton Hagans, 2019 recruit has committed to Kentucky basketball. His parents say that he will not reclassify to play for Kentucky in 2018-2019. The question is that the famous last words for the parents before Coach Cal gets his way and Hagans plays in 2018-2019. If Hagans does not play in 2018-2019 in accordance with his parents' wishes, only Javon Quinerly really stands in the way for Quade Green to be the "point guard" for Kentucky in 2018-2019. I would imagine that Quade would rather stick with Kentucky and fight for his starting position rather than transfer and run to another college and not play in 2018-2019.
Oh to answer my own question, turns out Coach Cal is recruiting Tyress Maxey another 2019 pg recruit with idea that he too will reclassify to play in 2018-2019. I wish that one and done would go away or just have a separate venue like the G League where Duke and Kentucky can just play against one another and not anyone else.

Quade might as well split. If he stays, he will get the same treatment Briscoe got after year 2 at UK. Might as well have 4 years to learn and adjust to another system, instead of 3. He will not get the minutes he needs running a team while there. Not with Quickley coming in this year and possibly Hagans, plus whoever else they end up signing. Quade will be forced to play off the ball again and that will not help his progression or his dream of making it to the league.

Really a shame when everyone saw this coming but Quade and his circle
Kid had all the confidence in the world in his game and thought no matter who was at UK that he'd start at PG and be able to shine. However, the people around him should have been able to communicate to him that that wouldn't necessarily be the case

Kid had all the confidence in the world in his game and thought no matter who was at UK that he'd start at PG and be able to shine. However, the people around him should have been able to communicate to him that that wouldn't necessarily be the case

He was UK's plan B from the start -- now looking more like D or E.

Isn't there a way to show the guys that we are recruiting (that are also considering Kentucky and Duke) just how many players end up riding the bench or leaving those teams. Gbinje, Tucker, possibly Quade and the center Killeya Jones too. Alex OConnell at Duke will barely see PT, and Girard won't either if he goes there.

Isn't there a way to show the guys that we are recruiting (that are also considering Kentucky and Duke) just how many players end up riding the bench or leaving those teams. Gbinje, Tucker, possibly Quade and the center Killeya Jones too. Alex OConnell at Duke will barely see PT, and Girard won't either if he goes there.

Probably not because those kids think they’re more like Malik Monk or SGA.

If I was trying to recruit guys Kentucky and Duke were expressing interest in, I would seriously do some research. I'd try to come up with stats on Kentucky and Duke in hopes to demonstrate that 50% of their players don't play or end up transferring (I have no idea if it's that high or not I'm just randomly picking a number). I'd see what percentage of 4 star players get playing time and 5 star too. I'd check the stats for 2nd year five star guys getting recruited over too. I don't think it'd take that much effort if only doing those two teams. Let the stats speak for themselves. Maybe the Quade's and Tucker's wouldn't listen to verbal warnings, but stats don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom