Quadir Copeland named ACC POTW | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland named ACC POTW

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
21_22_MBB_POW_WebHeader_copy.png

Last 4 games - 15.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 4.5 app and 1.8 spg. Off the bench but 26.2 mpg. The per 40 on that is 24/9.5/6.9/2.7. Also with a 2.5 to 1 A/T ratio.

Really curious how he can impact in a game like tonight’s

Last 4 games - 15.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 4.5 app and 1.8 spg. Off the bench but 26.2 mpg. The per 40 on that is 24/9.5/6.9/2.7. Also with a 2.5 to 1 A/T ratio.

He's also leading our team in rebounding.

Which is insane. Not sure how much of a formula for success that is but it's impressive.

Copeland has set new career highs in something like 3 or 4 of the last 5 games.

And his ascent has coincided with Benny playing a lot better in that same stretch.

We're a much better team with them playing at a high level, with exponentially greater upside. Hope they show it again tonight, @ Puke.

He's also leading our team in rebounding.

Which is insane. Not sure how much of a formula for success that is but it's impressive.

Yeah what’s interesting I will say is that with Benny also playing better we are rebounding much better over our past 3 games as a measure of our rebounding pct. Hopefully that continues

He seemed to shutdown the 25 year old on Pitt in the second half. Maybe Red will have him lock onto someone tonight with the same result.

He seemed to shutdown the 25 year old on Pitt in the second half. Maybe Red will have him lock onto someone tonight with the same result.

Copeland is such a unique player. He can impact a game a ton when playing well and is a tough matchup. He’s figuring things out now on both ends and doing so quickly. He should be the kind of player who can make a difference in a game like this. Looking forward to it. One thing about tonight is that there isn’t much this team hasn’t faced this year yet given our schedule including a tough conference foe on the road.

Yeah what’s interesting I will say is that with Benny also playing better we are rebounding much better over our past 3 games as a measure of our rebounding pct. Hopefully that continues
Benny and Quadir playing well and staying on the court adds a lot of size to our small-ball lineup and really helps Maliq. Rebounding by committee.

Our rebounding differential is -0.9, including the Tenn and Gonzaga games, which were -15 and -25 respectively. Those are tough games that most other ACC teams didn't experience in the non-con that are dragging down the averages. Our rebounding isn't good, but maybe it won't be horrible as we move forward. Currently Pitt has the best rebounding differential in the ACC at +8.9, and we were just +1 against them.

I know nothing...
but wonder if Cope's joy for the game and positive attitude has been a factor in helping Benny do the same.
A team having fun and playing together is dangerous -and capable of upsets as a 14pt dog.

When Benny got fouled near the end of the game, Q put his arm around Benny and walked him to the free-throw line. Probably giving words of encouragement.

Then Benny missed both but the gesture was pretty cool.

That's awesome! Can't say I would have guessed this would happen before the season started!
Satalin was saying on the radio after the Pitt game that this summer he figured Copeland was still a year out and he was amazed how his game developed.

Love Cope. His attitude is infectious and he's always engaged. I also think that with the chops he's running these days, he needs to be starring in a 1970s detective show.

This is a heckuva list of players to be included with (only two sophs):
2023-24 ACC Players of the Week
Nov. 13 – Armando Bacot, Gr., F/C, North Carolina​
Nov. 20 – Quinten Post, Gr., F/C, Boston College​
Nov. 27 – Jamir Watkins, R-Jr., F, Florida State; RJ Davis, Sr., G, North Carolina​
Dec. 4 – PJ Hall, Sr., C, Clemson​
Dec. 11 – Blake Hinson, Sr., F, Pitt​
Dec. 18 – Kyle Filipowski, So., C, Duke​
Dec. 26 – RJ Davis, Sr., G, North Carolina; Lynn Kidd, Sr., C, Virginia Tech​
Jan. 2 – Quadir Copeland, So., G, Syracuse​

What impresses me is that Copeland isnt doing a thing that many people thought he would/could. But he's doing it a lot earlier in his career than I thought possible and most impressively to me is that he is doing it with the current roster construction. If he starts to hit jump shots his potential is almost limitless. I'm part of the crowd that is starting to think Bell and Taylor would be great instant offense options off the bench. As is, Q is a great change of pace when he comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom