Quick Game Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Game Thoughts

OrangeBlood

Starter
I was very optimistic about this season, until now.

This was truly an embarrassing effort by the entire program. We need to better. This is not acceptable at Syracuse University. If Gross pulls the still rebuilding again I will freak. I will give Doug until the end of the year until I really will decide if he deserves another year but he DOES NOT deserve and extension. This is year four. 1-3 is not acceptable. To reach a bowl we will have to 5-2 in BE. I do not see that happening. Team is too inconsistent and turnover prone and We are not beating Mizzou.

I will never stop following SU football. I love it. But they kill me. Between them and the Bills, I will die young.

The announcers were god awful. enough has been said about that.

Onto the game:
I thought Nassib was ok. He had a ton of pressure on him all day. Not his best game but far from his worst.

Congrats to Lemon on record. He played well. West played really well. excited about him. Earth to Sales? Where were you when the game still mattered. But good TD i guess?

Smith and Gully more, Broyld less. He is a talent but he should not have a significant role yet. Occasional packages for this year.

Lou is about as bad as you can get. He is a guard who is playing tackle and it shows. No clue why Phillips didn't start. It is clear he is better. THANK GOD Pugh will be back for PITT. The o-line should be MUCH better. Also, I think Trudo has won the RG spot. Foy struggles. Macky had a tough game.

No pressure from front four. They are weakness of D.

Diabete gets pushed around. OLBs played ok. I want to see more Lynch. Why not give him a chance at MLB?

Corners did about as good as you can when we man up all game. Beat a few times. Otherwise ok. Lyn is good, and should start with Reddish. Safetys played ok. Not Shamarko's best game.

Specials were actually good except for KR. Whoever thought Broyld was a good idea was wrong. Very wrong. square pegg.

Minnesota is an average B10 team and that is better than us. They played harder tonight and played with the environment. See what a sell-out crowd can do?

I am very worried about the effect this will have on recruiting. If we go 3-9, how do we sell ourselves to kids? Its hard. We are in trouble.

I hope we can turn it around for BE season. I honestly believe we can have a good record in conference. The conference is that bad.

Lastly, we have the worst red-zone play calling in the history of football. Its awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom