Pleased?

• Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Orangezoo

In the wind
Ennis- Looks as advertised. Just smooth, in control and a true general. Liked what I saw.

Gbinije - His ball handling and playing the point still looks to be a work in progress but its definitely serviceable. Good form on his jumper and a guy who can contribute. Solid on defense as well. He was shaky a couple times but I still like him. Good player who will be important. Hit a couple 3's during the game.

Cooney - Kid looks like a different player. He is confident, stroking it consistently and was flat out on fire tonight. Made a couple nice passes and hit a couple 2's as well. Seems ready to continue to be extremely disruptive on D. Hustles his ass off. I feel better about the 2 spot

Buss - Jacked a few too many 3's but hit one or two. Like cooney he is disruptive on D and hustles all over the place. He looked more under control since Canada.

BJ- Settled down after being a little nervy early. Showed that sweet stroke and looked good. He definitely has the stroke and a good understanding of where to be on offense. Just a young frosh who shows his youth which is normal

CJ - Wow- looks like ACC preseason POY. Showed confidence using the dribble and his shot looks great. Looked like a dominant player who is hard to stop. My favorite play was a drive from the top of the key with a little up and under scoop shot. How can you not love a kid who has improved every single year on the hill. He looked like a lottery pick out there.

Grant- shot was off including an airball. He didn't get a lot of chances in this one. There is no question what he brings so not worried.

Roberson - Tyler looked good even though most of his buckets were in transition. Showed that drive to go get the rebound. He also played like a guy who was behind a little bit for not being with them in Canada. You can see the potential though.

Keita- hit some nice foul line jumpers.. same ole consistent Baye. Love this kid and we will need him.

Rak/DC2 - combining them as not a lot of touches for the bigs. Hard to guage as this was all about the wings/guards/

CO - impressive physical specimen. Showed how raw he is. Reminds me of Dieng. Saw some little things like effort going for boards/blocks I liked. Certainly potential there.

We have a lot of options... just solid all around. Biggest concerns if any would be Gbinije and production from the bigs ( if needed).

The biggest surprise of the scrimmage to me was seeing Keita take and make two face up jump shots. That kid has been in the gym this off season. Don't remember him ever taking a jump shot from 12 to 15 feet last season. If he can get consistent with that shot, it will open up some more scoring options.

I think we will be hard pressed to ever match the melo class just from the fact it went from an nit team with tons of concerns to winning a title. That turnaround was incredible to be orchestrated primarily by freshmen.

The biggest surprise of the scrimmage to me was seeing Keita take and make two face up jump shots. That kid has been in the gym this off season. Don't remember him ever taking a jump shot from 12 to 15 feet last season. If he can get consistent with that shot, it will open up some more scoring options.

If baye can work in the high post he does do a nice job passing. Get grant down there with a shooter on the wing and keita being a threat to take and make that shot and it certainly makes him less of a liability and even an asset on offense.

If baye can work in the high post he does do a nice job passing. Get grant down there with a shooter on the wing and keita being a threat to take and make that shot and it certainly makes him less of a liability and even an asset on offense.

Baye looked pretty smooth hitting those. They were quick and decisive as well.

Those classes started off with Championship Game and National Championship. Hard to beat that although we have the potential to.
its also players. No one as good as DC or Melo.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I think we will be hard pressed to ever match the melo class just from the fact it went from an nit team with tons of concerns to winning a title. That turnaround was incredible to be orchestrated primarily by freshmen.
Actually we had a great class the year before also , so players like Warrick and Forth were ready to mesh with Melo and Gerry. That is what created the team that went on to win the national championship.

IMO, no. Coleman, Thompson and Gerry, Melo gotta be the top classes.

I should have been more explicit. Yes there are no super-stars but the it seems that the average level of this class across the the five players (CO, Ennis, BJ, Buss, Roberson) is higher than previous classes.

I should have been more explicit. Yes there are no super-stars but the it seems that the average level of this class across the the five players (CO, Ennis, BJ, Buss, Roberson) is higher than previous classes.
That class with DC and Stevie also had Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes. Duncan was a very highly rated point guard, I believe top 20 in my Street &Smith magazine and Hughes was probably top 50. That was ridiculously good considering leaving early was leaving after your junior year back then, and that rarely happened at SU. At that point just Pearl, I think, and later Billy Owens.

IMO, no. Coleman, Thompson and Gerry, Melo gotta be the top classes.

Don't be forgetting about Matty Gorman. Will the real Matt Gorman please stand up?

The first time he misses one of those in a game he's on the bench. This is one of my Boeheim peeves...love the guy but when a big guy shoots that shot once and misses it's time for the wood. Hopefully he's knocking those down in practice because I love Baye and would love to see him get more minutes and score some points from 12-15. That would open it up for a bigger 4 to play low like Coleman, Christmas or Roberson.

I like this team too, but lets remember we are one turned ankle or two quick whistles from disaster every night we play.

My kingdom for James Thues on this team.

-

why burst everyones bubbles with the truth? ;)

I would hope that we have enough ballhandling by committee to make it through those times. Mike g is a bit iffy but hopefully can get there. Maybe trevor and even buss could help out?

Flynn, Donte, Scoop, Rick Jackson was pretty solid

I like this team too, but lets remember we are one turned ankle or two quick whistles from disaster every night we play.

-
This.
I'd hate to see a VERY TIRED Tyler Ennis navigating through March Madness.
The ACC will be a grind, and freshmen are still freshmen. The kid's a player, but I can see teams pressing us from the get-go to try and wear him out. MCW had Brandon to ease the pressure, so MikeG and TC especially, HAVE to at least be serviceable in the backcourt. The year we had Devo at PG ended up being a disaster- hate to see that replayed w/ this team.

Last edited:

-
I love me some JT. Kid got a bad rap. Would have been a really good player here. Anytime you are one of the top players in Detroit, you can play.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

This.
I'd hate to see a VERY TIRED Tyler Ennis navigating through March Madness.
The ACC will be a grind, and freshmen are still freshmen. The kid's a player, but I can see teams pressing us from the get-go to try and wear him out. MCW had Brandon to ease the pressure, so MikeG and TC especially, HAVE to be at least serviceable in the backcourt. The year we had Devo at PG ended up being a disaster- hate to see that replayed w/ this team.

I think we will be ok. It may take using cj at the top of the key as an outlet but we should have enough by committee and be stout enough defensively to cope.

why burst everyones bubbles with the truth? ;)

I would hope that we have enough ballhandling by committee to make it through those times. Mike g is a bit iffy but hopefully can get there. Maybe trevor and even buss could help out?

In the scrimmage, Patterson never looked to the PG to help bring the ball up court. Never. Not once. That needs to be corrected.

Flynn, Donte, Scoop, Rick Jackson was pretty solid

Under-achieved, though, for all that talent. That was our "comeback" class. We've been on a hell of a run since that time, recruiting wise. And also it seems that there is a lot less BS from certain players about wanting to play man. The 2-3 is our defense now, and we play unlike anyone else in the country - because the players buy in, and are recruited specifically to play that type of defense. Makes a big difference when the guys are committed to the defensive scheme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom