Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you expected JB to wait until as late as July on Q’s decision? And what if come July Q decided to stay in the draft? Then what? It’s not JBs fault, nor Qs, that the decision date is July and not the typical May.
Yeah, I’m very supportive of players doing whatever they want, but there are consequences for that. It’s silly to expect JB to sit idly by while Q explored his options. And we’d crush him if he did. I’m not even sure that the difference in dates changes how JB would react — particularly if the portal opened well before a May deadline. Obviously if, in the future, the portal doesn’t open until after a declaration deadline, this isn’t even an issue.

The players shouldn’t be pressured.
If we told Q we were replacing him then in essence we moved on from him.
I think players should have the right to enter the draft and not worry about their schools moving on from them.

Jimmy Jr. is not worth telling moving on from Q for.
This is where I can’t defend the action.
Swider in essence replaced AG.
Not being able to wait for Q is not protecting the school.
Since we only play 7 guys anyway. Again I have said this there are players still available now. Maybe you think they aren’t as good as Jimmy or maybe they are. However we didn’t want to wait for Q. Now that he is looking at other schools and not pro basketball that is garbage.

JB chose to move on. He wanted Jimmy Jr.
If Q came back would Jimmy even play?
That is completely ridiculous. I mean, shocking coming from someone as smart as you. If any player puts their name in the draft, the school has to assume that the player is leaving. That is what putting your name in the draft means. In that case, the school, any school, has to make sure that they can have good players to replace that player. To do anything else is coaching malfeasance. And you know that. If Q stays in the draft or goes overseas, what then? What would you say then when we don't have a suitable replacement this winter? I know what you would say. That this is on jb and he should have been prepared for Q's loss. Heck, that is what we heard when a player got hurt in the first game last year.
This is all for naught anyway. Q didn't move on because jb told him that he wouldn't play or start. He most likely would have started and he would certainly have played. He put his name in the portal because he wants to play more like a 3. And that wouldn't be what jb views as best for the team. Contrary to what you think, no one has done anything wrong here. If Q didn't put his name in the draft, he would have been assured of his spot here. He did put his name in the draft and Syracuse protected itself. End of story.

The players shouldn’t be pressured.
If we told Q we were replacing him then in essence we moved on from him.
I think players should have the right to enter the draft and not worry about their schools moving on from them.

Jimmy Jr. is not worth telling moving on from Q for.
This is where I can’t defend the action.
Swider in essence replaced AG.
Not being able to wait for Q is not protecting the school.
Since we only play 7 guys anyway. Again I have said this there are players still available now. Maybe you think they aren’t as good as Jimmy or maybe they are. However we didn’t want to wait for Q. Now that he is looking at other schools and not pro basketball that is garbage.

JB chose to move on. He wanted Jimmy Jr.
If Q came back would Jimmy even play?
If Q came back, Junior would have played somewhere else.

Show me the players who are still available and better than Junior.

did it? What was my opinion?
so you expected JB to wait until as late as July on Q’s decision? And what if come July Q decided to stay in the draft? Then what? It’s not JBs fault, nor Qs, that the decision date is July and not the typical May.
Why does JB have to wait till July?
Very few players wait till then:
You are taking it to the extreme to defend JB.
You Do a good job with your routine and it’s pointless to say more you will just do what you and deflect and make me do your work to prove whatever the points are.

That is completely ridiculous. I mean, shocking coming from someone as smart as you. If any player puts their name in the draft, the school has to assume that the player is leaving. That is what putting your name in the draft means. In that case, the school, any school, has to make sure that they can have good players to replace that player. To do anything else is coaching malfeasance. And you know that. If Q stays in the draft or goes overseas, what then? What would you say then when we don't have a suitable replacement this winter? I know what you would say. That this is on jb and he should have been prepared for Q's loss. Heck, that is what we heard when a player got hurt in the first game last year.
This is all for naught anyway. Q didn't move on because jb told him that he wouldn't play or start. He most likely would have started and he would certainly have played. He put his name in the portal because he wants to play more like a 3. And that wouldn't be what jb views as best for the team. Contrary to what you think, no one has done anything wrong here. If Q didn't put his name in the draft, he would have been assured of his spot here. He did put his name in the draft and Syracuse protected itself. End of story.
CJ Fair didn’t leave.
Fringe players aren’t a lock to leave.
JB didn’t have a plan CJ Fair left.
First round picks are never expected back.
Fringe players you can wait for.

Last edited:
If Q came back, Junior would have played somewhere else.

Show me the players who are still available and better than Junior.
Don’t need to do your work. There are players available and I am not wasting energy on posters who don’t engage in 2 way debate.

Yeah, I’m very supportive of players doing whatever they want, but there are consequences for that. It’s silly to expect JB to sit idly by while Q explored his options. And we’d crush him if he did. I’m not even sure that the difference in dates changes how JB would react — particularly if the portal opened well before a May deadline. Obviously if, in the future, the portal doesn’t open until after a declaration deadline, this isn’t even an issue.
Lol who is saying sit idly by.
Maybe don’t lose Woody and Braswell then waiting for Quincy wouldn’t matter.

I view Swider as the QG replacement, not Jimmy. Jimmy is probably going to have a similar role to Marek.

I also think there's some disagreement on how QG's camp wanted him used and how JB was going to use him very much similar to how Oshae was used when he was here.

Being used as a traditional 4 isn't going to get anyone paid in the NBA these days.

Yeah. Perhaps, the writing was already on the wall for Q? I mean, Q put his name in the NBA hat on March 28th, and by April 3rd, we already had a commitment from Swider.

Yeah. Perhaps, the writing was already on the wall for Q? I mean, Q put his name in the NBA hat on March 28th, and by April 3rd, we already had a commitment from Swider.

Yup, we knew for months Jimmy Jr was coming. Once Swider committed a lot of the minutes were taken up.

If Q came back, he would have starter’s minutes without any question. Benny, Cole and Jimmy Jr. would split the remaining 45 minutes. Cole and Benny would have the bulk of those minutes.

That's an opinion.
One that I and many others disagree with - Q likely being one such person.

But even IF that was true, it's also true that JB would want him to do what's best and necessary for the team's success, which is bang down low for boards, and only take 3's on occasion when open - just like this past season.

Which is likely not at all what Q and his handlers want - as they want for him to work on/showcase his SF skills, since he'll never be a 4 in today's NBA.

Why does JB have to wait till July?
Very few players wait till then:
You are taking it to the extreme to defend JB.
You Do a good job with your routine and it’s pointless to say more you will just do what you and deflect and make me do your work to prove whatever the points are.

lol. “As late as July” you are so bad at this stuff. And what is “the work” I made you do? Lol.

That's an opinion.
One that I and many others disagree with - Q likely being one such person.

But even IF that was true, it's also true that JB would want him to do what's best and necessary for the team's success, which is bang down low for boards, and only take 3's on occasion when open - just like this past season.

Which is likely not at all what Q and his handlers want - as they want for him to work on/showcase his SF skills, since he'll never be a 4 in today's NBA.
I was going to like this but nah. Go like Bees stuff please. Q leaving to play at another school is a joke:

Ok keep defending the wall.

keep spinning. I have no idea what set you off this morning but it’s gotten funny. Maybe you’re off the wall.

Don’t need to do your work. There are players available and I am not wasting energy on posters who don’t engage in 2 way debate.
It’s not my work. You said there are players available. Show me.

Well, they left. So it matters.

It’s not my work. You said there are players available. Show me.

I agree. I too don't think anyone did anything wrong. Q wants to show parts of his game that JB feels don't help Cuse win. For the record I think if Q changes schools the promise of him playing the 3 last about 10 games for his new team before the coach says "okay enough of that". It is JB's job to win.

That said, the thing that makes this a tough look for some is Junior. I do not believe that JBJ playing here wasn't a done deal the minute he entered the portal. and that the endgame for a while has been having the 2 sons play for the Dad. Buddy's NCAA streak helped alleviate some of the concern over roster moves which could be construed as prioritizing a Boeheim reunion over the winning.

I wish Q well and hope JB is still seeing the forest thru the trees in that the program is the name on the front of the jersey and not on the back or on the sidelines.

Well, the fact that other players left is an entirely different conversation. But you seemed to be suggesting that JB should wait, unless I totally misunderstand what "players shouldn't be pressured" meant?

Regardless, I'm not sure what your recommended action is here, specifically with the Guerrier situation. He put his name in the draft *and* said he'd also be exploring a transfer. The report on the latter came out the day the news broke. Was the program not supposed to bring in potential replacements ASAP?

LOL, that list is from two weeks ago.

Why did they leave if they knew Q was entering the draft?

There are a ton of kids across the country who left while having plenty if opportunity had they stayed. Yes we are talking about SU but you are zeroing in on our situation as if it's unique here. I am sure many kids had their reasons but this rule generated the college equivalent of free agency and kids wanted to take advantage. It really can be that simple even if the catalyst for them is different player to player.

I think you have this wrong. JimJr announced coming right after Woody announced he was leaving. This was not a coincidence. JimJr is one who could handle being the 4th forward if it came to it. It's why having him commit was so great. Good 4th forwards are hard to come by.

JimJr may be pressed into service into the 3rd forward role if SU can't get another good forward. But JimJr did not force out Q. Q may have assessed his minutes being less now with both Cole and Benny getting some. But how can you blame anyone for taking a sure Cole over a waffling QG.

af836d5952619c981a2f5457abcb0fb7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors