Quinta Funderburk | Syracusefan.com

Quinta Funderburk

Cuse4Life

Walk On
Would be an amazing get! Transferring from Arkansas and might be able to come in immediately since the whole coaching fiasco at UA. But even if he has to sit out he would still be the best recruit Marrone has brought in since he got here! It actually makes me giddy!

Would be an amazing get! Transferring from Arkansas and might be able to come in immediately since the whole coaching fiasco at UA. But even if he has to sit out he would still be the best recruit Marrone has brought in since he got here! It actually makes me giddy!
What happened to a similar post from last night? Why was it nuked?

What happened to a similar post from last night? Why was it nuked?

The only post nuked last night was a post that was requested to be nuked by the poster because it was a duplicate of an article already posted on Funderburk.

what makes people believe we have a chance other than the HS connection?

what makes people believe we have a chance other than the HS connection?

There was an article linked yesterday that referenced a source who indicated Funderburk will transfer to Syracuse.

There was an article linked yesterday that referenced a source who indicated Funderburk will transfer to Syracuse.

Can you post the link?

Here's the article.

http://blogs.nwaonline.com/slophouse/2012/05/02/funderburk-transferring-from-arkansas/

I sent this article to the Post Standard to see if they can get it confirmed.

Mind you, there's lots of blog speculation he'll go to UVA (where HS teammates are) or VT.

Also from Roanoke.com, this blurb:

Rival coaches consider Syracuse, with 12-year pro Rob Moore as its wide-receivers coach, as a threat for Funderburk.If Funderburk were to transfer to a Football Championship Subdivision school, he could have four years of eligibility and play immediately.

Why does he need to sit out a year if he didn't play as a freshman? I thought it was just for people that had played in the previous season. Can he appeal with the NCAA( :rolleyes: ) ?

Without knowing the full background, that doesn't seem like red flags to me. Kid graduated early to enroll in college, then moved from Virginia to Arkansas and got home sick. Maybe the southwest was just culture shock for him.

Agreed.

this would be a great get...but there are a lot of red flags with this guy...this article scares me the most:

http://www.arkansassports360.com/31...urk-granted-scholarship-release-from-arkansas

The whole done with football thing- eh. It's a stress reliever for many people. I know a support staff person at SU who says she's handing in her two week notice about every two weeks. It gives one reassurance of being in control of one's own life.

Micah Robinson showed up late to summer practices because of family issues in 2010, and Beckett Wales missed almost a full semester in Spring 2011 because he was back in Florida. It happens.

The whole done with football thing- eh. It's a stress reliever for many people. I know a support staff person at SU who says she's handing in her two week notice about every two weeks. It gives one reassurance of being in control of one's own life.

Micah Robinson showed up late to summer practices because of family issues in 2010, and Beckett Wales missed almost a full semester in Spring 2011 because he was back in Florida. It happens.

It happens all the time. I just don't know of many kids who have essentially quit or stopped playing, started telling people they were done, then all of a sudden become a star. My fear is that the kid doesn't love football. We shall see.

and dear lord, look at those offers: USC, alabama, PSU, florida, Michigan, Clemson, VT.

Forgot all about how heavily he was recruited.

Is this big news? This is big news right? Is this big news?

;)

Great pick-up and hopefully his heart is into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom