Quinta Funderburk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quinta Funderburk

Great pick-up and hopefully his heart is into it.

I hope there is a way we can get him on the field this year via the waiver process if not I dont know if he can make it another year and a half as you noted about his heart Bees.

Does this mean we have far more serious injuries to our WR corps than Marrone has let on?

I hope there is a way we can get him on the field this year via the waiver process if not I dont know if he can make it another year and a half as you noted about his heart Bees.

With Petrino being let go, does that make it possible to get a waiver to play this year and not sit 1? I get lost sometimes in all the NCAA rules.

Great pick-up and hopefully his heart is into it.

agree bees, kids transfer for a lot of reasons, I just hope he comes here with a clean slate and clear head, ready to work on and off the field

Does this mean we have far more serious injuries to our WR corps than Marrone has let on?
I think that is a bit of a stretch considering he might not even be eligible this year. It is a chance to make your team better that is all especially when you are losing your current best WRs (Lemon & Sales) in this coming year.

I thought I read somewhere that he'd be eligible immediately because he redshirted last season.

I could be wrong.

With Petrino being let go, does that make it possible to get a waiver to play this year and not sit 1? I get lost sometimes in all the NCAA rules.

Dont think so Bees, we will really need him next year anyway, whether Lemon makes it all the way back is the questions which is no secret

That's ok, the NCAA gets confused with their rules too.

agree bees, kids transfer for a lot of reasons, I just hope he comes here with a clean slate and clear head, ready to work on and off the field

The guy works the waiver wire like an NFL GM. If this is true, another late pickup.

I think we are down at least one guy for the year.

I hope I'm not breaking the cone of silence by asking but could Foster be the guy?

Man this team cant catch a break with injuries. Between SU and the Bills I have never seen two teams lose so many players year after year after year to injury.

I just want to make sure Lemon is coming back healthy, we can't lose him.

Now to get somebody that can throw it to him.

Hello...
witnesses.jpg

Kid has size and a bit of wiggle in him. Good talent.

Funderburke will not be eligible and will have to sit out a year. Players can get waivers if they transfer closer to home due to family circumstances usually involving illnesses or something similar. Plan on Quinta sitting out this season.

When you can get a 6-4 205 lb Army All American WR who will have 3 years of eligibility you take him. Period. He has talent - he was slated to be the Hogs #3 WR as a redshirt freshman.

I haven’t read an article that really spells out his tenure at Arkansas. From what I gather, he enrolled early in Jan 2011. Played spring ball but left school in the summer? Did he return in the fall and redshirt? Did he skip the fall and return in the spring of 2012? He played in this past spring game. Then decided to leave Arkansas for good? Or did he leave for parts of this spring as well? Nothing has been real clear on how his time at Arkansas unfolded. Nevertheless, if he wants to give it a go a Syracuse then I’m all on board. House money, no downside for Syracuse. Don’t people think there’d be discussions between SU and his commitment to playing?

As for how many kids quit football and make it back? Have no idea, we've had three guys quit in recent memory and Beckett Wales made it back. Tom Ferron did not and I think they other kid was from PA.

Funderburke will not be eligible and will have to sit out a year. Players can get waivers if they transfer closer to home due to family circumstances usually involving illnesses or something similar. Plan on Quinta sitting out this season.

When you can get a 6-4 205 lb Army All American WR who will have 3 years of eligibility you take him. Period. He has talent - he was slated to be the Hogs #3 WR as a redshirt freshman.

I haven’t read an article that really spells out his tenure at Arkansas though. From what I gather, he enrolled early in Jan 2011. Played spring ball but left school in the summer? Did he return in the fall and redshirt? Did he skip the fall and return in the spring of 2012? He played in this past spring game. Then decided to leave Arkansas for good? Or did he leave for parts of this spring as well? Nothing has been real clear on how his time at Arkansas unfolded. Nevertheless, if he wants to give it a go a Syracuse then I’m all on board. House money, no downside for Syracuse. Don’t people think there’d be discussions between SU and his commitment to playing?

As for how many kids quit football and make it back? Have no idea, we've had three guys quit in recent memory and Beckett Wales made it back. Tom Ferron did not and I think they other kid was from PA.

Phat--would his head coach being fired change the dynamics of the transfer eligibility?

Tough to keep track of these rules anymore, since they change them seemingly every year.

Phat--would his head coach being fired change the dynamics of the transfer eligibility?

Tough to keep track of these rules anymore, since they change them seemingly every year.

I doubt it or there'd be dozens, maybe hundreds, of kids transferring every year b/c of coaches being fired.