Quinta Funderburk | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quinta Funderburk

Funderburke will not be eligible and will have to sit out a year. Players can get waivers if they transfer closer to home due to family circumstances usually involving illnesses or something similar. Plan on Quinta sitting out this season.

When you can get a 6-4 205 lb Army All American WR who will have 3 years of eligibility you take him. Period. He has talent - he was slated to be the Hogs #3 WR as a redshirt freshman.

I haven’t read an article that really spells out his tenure at Arkansas. From what I gather, he enrolled early in Jan 2011. Played spring ball but left school in the summer? Did he return in the fall and redshirt? Did he skip the fall and return in the spring of 2012? He played in this past spring game. Then decided to leave Arkansas for good? Or did he leave for parts of this spring as well? Nothing has been real clear on how his time at Arkansas unfolded. Nevertheless, if he wants to give it a go a Syracuse then I’m all on board. House money, no downside for Syracuse. Don’t people think there’d be discussions between SU and his commitment to playing?

As for how many kids quit football and make it back? Have no idea, we've had three guys quit in recent memory and Beckett Wales made it back. Tom Ferron did not and I think they other kid was from PA.

Agree he is a kid you have to take and I am sure Marrone had convos about his commitment to football. Only comment is that the article I saw said he was 3rd on the depth chart at one of the WR spots, not the #3 WR (tho I don't know what offense they run). But regardless, Marrone has 16 months to see what he is made of.

As for how many kids quit football and make it back? Have no idea, we've had three guys quit in recent memory and Beckett Wales made it back. Tom Ferron did not and I think they other kid was from PA.

I still haven't gotten over the abrupt departure of Kevin Osifchin.

Man this team cant catch a break with injuries. Between SU and the Bills I have never seen two teams lose so many players year after year after year to injury.

Huh? It's integral part of the sport, and that goes for every team that plays it. It is always a key to a great season is avoiding major injuries to key players.

Agree he is a kid you have to take and I am sure Marrone had convos about his commitment to football. Only comment is that the article I saw said he was 3rd on the depth chart at one of the WR spots, not the #3 WR (tho I don't know what offense they run). But regardless, Marrone has 16 months to see what he is made of.

I don't know what kind of football player he is but I think he'll really benefit from the life skills program, which is pretty important as well.

Yup I read it wrong. #3 on the depth chart.

Arkansas throws the ball around a lot. 2 years ago they had three 1,000 yard receivers.

Huh? It's integral part of the sport, and that goes for every team that plays it. It is always a key to a great season is avoiding major injuries to key players.

Yes I obviously understand its an integral part of the sport and yes every team has to deal with injuries every year but it seems more then that at SU. By the last third of the season we seem to have a quarter of the starters either out for the year or playing hurt when its clear there no where near 100%. Seems to be just bad luck but its starting to become a pattern I hope we can break it this year.

Yup he was a 4th guy then. did he leave to become a cop or somethign? I vaguely remember another kid from PA. Mc'something' ?

Probably not fair to classify QF as quitting football though. Seems to me to be more a kid who gave it a go and just didn't adjust to Arkansas.

John Murphy?

That's a name from the past. If I remember correctly he was one of the more heavily recruited guys in that class in terms of offers.

This is the best explanation I've seen. From the PS :

"Funderburk arrived at Arkansas in January 2011, but missed multiple spring practices and was allowed to return home to Virginia during the summer because he was homesick, according to ArkansasSports360.com. Funderburk came back and eventually redshirted the 2011 season. He was listed No. 3 on the depth chart this spring, and had one catch for seven yards in the Razorbacks' spring game."

So he graduated high school early. Had a hard time adjusting, went home in the summer. Came back to Arkansas in the fall, redshirted, competed in the spring and then decided to leave Arkansas for good.

Not sure I see any red flags with that.

Yup he was a 4th guy then. did he leave to become a cop or somethign? I vaguely remember another kid from PA. Mc'something' ?

Probably not fair to classify QF as quitting football though. Seems to me to be more a kid who gave it a go and just didn't adjust to Arkansas.
Was it McMurphy or just Murphy...kid left because he was missing his squeeze.

This is the best explanation I've seen. From the PS :

"Funderburk arrived at Arkansas in January 2011, but missed multiple spring practices and was allowed to return home to Virginia during the summer because he was homesick, according to ArkansasSports360.com. Funderburk came back and eventually redshirted the 2011 season. He was listed No. 3 on the depth chart this spring, and had one catch for seven yards in the Razorbacks' spring game."

So he graduated high school early. Had a hard time adjusting, went home in the summer. Came back to Arkansas in the fall, redshirted, competed in the spring and then decided to leave Arkansas for good.

Not sure I see any red flags with that.

The PS took parts of the 360 article but left out some.

Thunder Funderburk

And there was also this one.

Run and Fun

In conjunction with the info released on "a couple of nuggets" thread, does anyone think the LB transfer from a major D-1 program isn't in fact Funderburk?? Ala Dayshawn Davis? We certainly have a need at both positions and QF definitely has the frame to grow into one.

I'm sure it's unlikely but just trying to connect the dots.

I doubt it or there'd be dozens, maybe hundreds, of kids transferring every year b/c of coaches being fired.

Is there any provision if the reason for your coach being fired is that he cheats on his wife a girl half his age and gives said girl a job? If so, we should definitely write a strongly worded letter.

What every single site that wrote about him didn't mention is that him and Jaston are best friends and have talked about this numerous times.

Also, Foster has some sort of knee injury so don't expect to see much of him.

This could be awesome if it actually comes to fruition. Really not surprised a kid has a hard time adjusting when starting school in January. The year is half over and all the other kids that came in that year are already in their clicks with friends already. Bet he felt like an outsider. Probably just needs a fresh start with other kids joining the school and team at the same time.

What every single site that wrote about him didn't mention is that him and Jaston are best friends and have talked about this numerous times.

Also, Foster has some sort of knee injury so don't expect to see much of him.

Sounds like Foster is the unknown injured WR, ugh not great news. Hope Sales and Lemon are 100% in the fall especially Alec.

Sounds like Foster is the unknown injured WR, ugh not great news. Hope Sales and Lemon are 100% in the fall especially Alec.

Really looking forward to seeing Foster play. If he is the one out though its kind of good in a way because he hasn't used up a Redshirt yet.

Really looking forward to seeing Foster play. If he is the one out though its kind of good in a way because he hasn't used up a Redshirt yet.

Good point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom