Quinta Funderburk | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quinta Funderburk

Yup he was a 4th guy then. did he leave to become a cop or somethign? I vaguely remember another kid from PA. Mc'something' ?

Probably not fair to classify QF as quitting football though. Seems to me to be more a kid who gave it a go and just didn't adjust to Arkansas.
I think you are talking about Jon Murphy Phat. He eventually got into ultimate fighting. He left the team in 1997. Time flies when you are having fun.

Regarding Quinta, he would be a legit play maker and deep threat guy for us that we haven't really had since Mike Williams. Let's hope he heads here...the latest comments from his HS coach indicate a decision still hasn't been made.

Sounds like Foster is the unknown injured WR, ugh not great news. Hope Sales and Lemon are 100% in the fall especially Alec.

That was the talk at the spring game, Foster.

Really looking forward to seeing Foster play. If he is the one out though its kind of good in a way because he hasn't used up a Redshirt yet.
He played last year as a true frosh so he should be OK.

I'm hoping Hale can step up play a key role. Really like his size and speed.

Saw Funderburk in April of 2010 when he was here on a visit with teammate, and now SU red-shirt cornerback Jaston George and Raysean Richardson, a safety who ended up at Temple.

Doug Marrone had a long sit down with Quinta, Raysean & Jaston.

Funderburk came away with a positive vibe for the coaches, said they were straight up with him.

He added that he liked SU's focus on winning, family and life after football.

He spoke with Rob Moore and liked the fact that they are similarly built and that Moore made it to the NFL out of SU.

He loved the Carrier Dome it was his first time in a domed stadium.

Right after that visit, he got an offer from USC and a couple of days later attended the Alabama spring game, he also had an offer from them.

By the end of July he had a top five which did not include us, Michigan, Arkansas, West Virginia, Florida & Penn State .

The thing he liked best about Arkansas is that they threw the ball a lot.

In September of 2010 he made his official Arkansas visit and was in awe of everything he saw.

The stadium, the fans, the academics, the 70 other recruits who were there on the visit and most of all, how much they threw the ball.

The only disappointing thing? The Razorbacks lost to Alabama.

Late in October after having made all of his visits, the 18th ranked wideout committed to Arkansas.

Not to put a damper on things but in the interests of full disclosure, a recruiting site writer told me, at the time, that Funderburk was highly overrated and he was no great loss.

The biggest pluses we have going for us is Jaston George & he both attended Oscar Smith so, he'd have an instant home-boy to help him through those homesick moments. Immediate playing time is a lot more available at SU than a football factory. Finally, he has already visited & loved the Dome and really hit it off with, and could relate to, his position coach, Rob Moore.

Here is the Post Standard's full report by Katie Kramer:

Source: Former Arkansas wide receiver Quinta Funderburk plans to transfer to Syracuse

Call me Sherlock, but homesick? Sounds like Virginia to me.

quintajpg-bcc3084fba8010f6.jpg

High school coach: Receiver Quinta Funderburk still mulling his transfer options

He would be a great get for us. Lets keep our fingers crossed

This is the best explanation I've seen. From the PS :

"Funderburk arrived at Arkansas in January 2011, but missed multiple spring practices and was allowed to return home to Virginia during the summer because he was homesick, according to ArkansasSports360.com. Funderburk came back and eventually redshirted the 2011 season. He was listed No. 3 on the depth chart this spring, and had one catch for seven yards in the Razorbacks' spring game."

So he graduated high school early. Had a hard time adjusting, went home in the summer. Came back to Arkansas in the fall, redshirted, competed in the spring and then decided to leave Arkansas for good.

Not sure I see any red flags with that.

Phat I know you are probably trying to call me out with these posts and you have been seen I said something you didn't agree with about Ebenezer. In my opinion, it is a red flag that he missed an entire summer working out with his teammates because he was homesick. I understand kids get homesick all the time but few actually ever leave. I know you don't believe me but I am speaking from experience. SU needs kids that love football whether they are 2-stars or 5-stars. Skipping out on summer workouts with your teammates makes me question this.

It is a low risk move for SU and one I hope pans out. It is fine to get excited about his potential, I am just sharing my opinion.

Phat I know you are probably trying to call me out with these posts and you have been seen I said something you didn't agree with about Ebenezer. In my opinion, it is a red flag that he missed an entire summer working out with his teammates because he was homesick. I understand kids get homesick all the time but few actually ever leave. I know you don't believe me but I am speaking from experience. SU needs kids that love football whether they are 2-stars or 5-stars. Skipping out on summer workouts with your teammates makes me question this.

It is a low risk move for SU and one I hope pans out. It is fine to get excited about his potential, I am just sharing my opinion.
When your coach is screwing around with your gf it makes it tough.:eek:;)

Deep, are you still in coaching? Not trying to be antagonistic, just am curious. I always appreciate your perspective as you have first hand experience... You and money give us great insight into recruiting...

and since I got your attention, what are your current thoughts on the Ebenezer recruitment. I watched a video today where he and Edwards were again reiterating their commitment to play together. Apparently Augustus lives across the hall from Alvin Cornelius. With that assistance as well as Reddish and Morgan, this seems like a battle DM almost has to win... Do you agree...

btw: I am not saying he is gonna win this battle, but rather that he should, just to clarify!

Back when I heard about this and told BlackKnight, we were both somewhat surprised. My source told me that he was almost definitely coming here because him and Jaston speak every day and apparently had numerous conversations about SU. He also didn't mention any other schools.

I feel like he's ours to lose but who knows.

Back when I heard about this and told BlackKnight, we were both somewhat surprised. My source told me that he was almost definitely coming here because him and Jaston speak every day and apparently had numerous conversations about SU. He also didn't mention any other schools.

I feel like he's ours to lose but who knows.

This was also a month or two ago, so your source had the scoop ;)

It also means something could have changed since then. Hopefully not.

When your coach is screwing around with your gf it makes it tough.:eek:;)

OK, what did I miss? Where did that come from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom