Rak | Syracusefan.com

Rak

anomander

Living Legend
So Baye is back for 1 game and Rak is already relegated back to the 1 mistake and a quick hook? Total BS. I really don't get this strategy? I can kind of understand with the quick hooks for Freshman, but Rak has been getting this treatment for 3 years now. I think it's clear as day that Rak is the far better center at this point of their careers. Nothing against Baye because he plays hard and is an extremely valuable back up, but he is just that a reserve. If we are going to reach our potential it's going to be with Rak at center playing 30 minutes a game. I can understand how the kid plays tight at times. He knows if he makes 1 mistake, or sometimes not even a mistake he will get a quick hook, but yet Baye can form tackle, and airball 3 feet layups all day long. You have to have some freedom to make mistakes, which Rak doesn't have. I just don't get it.

End rant

anomander said:
So Baye is back for 1 game and Rak is already relegated back to the 1 mistake and a quick hook? Total BS. I really don't get this strategy? I can kind of understand with the quick hooks for Freshman, but Rak has been getting this treatment for 3 years now. I think it's clear as day that Rak is the far better center at this point of their careers. Nothing against Baye because he plays hard and is an extremely valuable back up, but he is just that a reserve. If we are going to reach our potential it's going to be with Rak at center playing 30 minutes a game. I can understand how the kid plays tight at times. He knows if he makes 1 mistake, or sometimes not even a mistake he will get a quick hook, but yet Baye can form tackle, and airball 3 feet layups all day long. You have to have some freedom to make mistakes, which Rak doesn't have. I just don't get it. End rant

Meh its 18-8. Not too concerned

Meh its 18-8. Not too concerned

i'm not concerned about this game, but Rak brings so much more to the table. these quick hooks seem to send him in the tank for the rest of the game. i just think he has to let him play through a mistake here or there, and get into a regular substitution pattern

anomander said:
i'm not concerned about this game, but Rak brings so much more to the table. these quick hooks seem to send him in the tank for the rest of the game. i just think he has to let him play through a mistake here or there, and get into a regular substitution pattern

And there you go. Smh

and there you go Rak picks up 2 cheap ones. I give the assist to Boeheim on that one. Way to take your center out of the rhythm of the game

anomander said:
and there you go Rak picks up 2 cheap ones. I give the assist to Boeheim on that one. Way to take your center out of the rhythm of the game

Not buying it.

PauliePeppas said:
And has made about 5 mikstakes while zkeitas playing great

Absolutely.

Baye is too limited. We have proof of what Rak can do when he isn't looking over his shoulder. Boeheim gets in his head with the quick hooks. Not sure how he hasn't realized that after 3 years. The games he gets the under 2 minute hook he plays horrible. Baye is a solid back up, but we need Rak playing big minutes if we want to win a championship

anomander said:
Baye is too limited. We have proof of what Rak can do when he isn't looking over his shoulder. Boeheim gets in his head with the quick hooks. Not sure how he hasn't realized that after 3 years. The games he gets the under 2 minute hook he plays horrible. Baye is a solid back up, but we need Rak playing big minutes if we want to win a championship

Thats crap. Play hard and not with your head in the clouds from the opening moment. Rak is the most inconsistent player in many a year

Thats crap. Play hard and not with your head in the clouds from the opening moment. Rak is the most inconsistent player in many a year

He played a minute and a half before getting yanked. Baye makes many of the same mistakes, or doesn't make plays because he doesn't have the ability to make them and he stays in the game.

Hey i'm all for substituting, and getting Baye 12-15 minutes a game, all i'm saying is consistently embarrassing a kid and ruining their confidence over 1 mistake a minute into the game isn't helping anybody. Let the kid play through a mistake, there are countless mistakes by everyone every single game. At least give him into the first tv timeout. Then at least you can play a whole game with your whole team engaged.

So Baye is back for 1 game and Rak is already relegated back to the 1 mistake and a quick hook? Total BS. I really don't get this strategy? I can kind of understand with the quick hooks for Freshman, but Rak has been getting this treatment for 3 years now. I think it's clear as day that Rak is the far better center at this point of their careers. Nothing against Baye because he plays hard and is an extremely valuable back up, but he is just that a reserve. If we are going to reach our potential it's going to be with Rak at center playing 30 minutes a game. I can understand how the kid plays tight at times. He knows if he makes 1 mistake, or sometimes not even a mistake he will get a quick hook, but yet Baye can form tackle, and airball 3 feet layups all day long. You have to have some freedom to make mistakes, which Rak doesn't have. I just don't get it.

End rant
um, are you watching the game tonight?

um, are you watching the game tonight?

ya Rak played a minute and a half and got pulled.

Baye is playing good. He is always good on the defensive end. But when we are as limited as we are on offense we can't afford to play 4 on 5 on that end of the court for the entire half.

anomander said:
your right we are good enough on offense we can afford to play 4 on 5 for an entire half

RAK is no offensive juggernaut himself and is playing horrible D to boot.

SU needs Christmas' threat to score. Yes, he played poorly tonight, but Boeheim didn't need to blame him in the media for the BC game. It's clear that Rak doesn't respond to that type of coaching. Let's hope this week can get him back on track

Xmas has to get his mind right, JB can't afford to leave him in and have him pile up fouls in a short span of time. He is getting fouls for aggression on offense and defense. Then again he can't afford to do without him. What's a coach to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom