Rakeem Christmas Comments About Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Rakeem Christmas Comments About Syracuse

I'm really excited for Christmas to step in, and I'd bet a small fortune that he starts over BMK when the season opens. He should also be capable enough on offense to hold his spot down.

I'm really excited for Christmas to step in, and I'd bet a small fortune that he starts over BMK when the season opens. He should also be capable enough on offense to hold his spot down.

No way he'll be starting..

My guess ... Scoop, Brandon, Kris, CJ, Fab. Keita and Dion see significant time. Southerland jumps in and out of the doghouse.

If one freshmen does emerge, I expect it to be MCW.

My guess ... Scoop, Brandon, Kris, CJ, Fab. Keita and Dion see significant time. Southerland jumps in and out of the doghouse.

If one freshmen does emerge, I expect it to be MCW.
this

I know he hasn't played a college game yet, but based on what I've read, there isn't anything Baye does that Christmas shouldn't be able to do at an equal or better level in his freshman year.

If Baye starts, I think it'll go like the Ongenaet starting experiment in 2008-09.

Well, the knock on Rakeem is that he gets lackadaisical from time to time (the little I've seen of him on TV would seem to confirm this). BMK, on the other hand, plays at 100 MPH every trip down the court.

I can't say I'd be stunned if Rak starts, but I'm definitely not expecting it.

happy to have him but he has no offensive game right now.

I see Scoop, Triche, Joseph, Fair, and Fab starting. MCW, Waiters, Keita, Christmas, Cooney and Southerland coming off the bench.

IMO for Keita or Rak to start at the 4 then one of them or Melo has to be a legitimate offensive threat. One of them has to be a guy you can throw the ball to and he can score on a regular basis down there. Its questionably if any of the three can do that.

Either way no matter who starts we will see a lot of CJ and Kris at the forwards and the more they hold their own on the boards the more we will see them out there together. Plus you have James in the mix who could see plenty of time as well if he can rebound and drop his shot cosnsistantly.

IMO for Keita or Rak to start at the 4 then one of them or Melo has to be a legitimate offensive threat. One of them has to be a guy you can throw the ball to and he can score on a regular basis down there. Its questionably if any of the three can do that.

Either way no matter who starts we will see a lot of CJ and Kris at the forwards and the more they hold their own on the boards the more we will see them out there together. Plus you have James in the mix who could see plenty of time as well if he can rebound and drop his shot cosnsistantly.

There is 0% chance that either Keita or Xmas will start at the PF spot, certainly not out of the gate. Fair will be your PF this season, book it. Its always possible that Keita or Xmas get some run as a starter at C if Fab shits the bed again.

There is 0% chance that either Keita or Xmas will start at the PF spot, certainly not out of the gate. Fair will be your PF this season, book it. Its always possible that Keita or Xmas get some run as a starter at C if Fab shits the bed again.
I agree for the most part and was just making the point that our 3 bigs are all doubtful as offensive threats which means lots of CJ and some James.

I agree for the most part and was just making the point that our 3 bigs are all doubtful as offensive threats which means lots of CJ and some James.

Yes, I realize that. Even though I replied to your post I was more or less in agreement with what you said. I was really responding to the idea advanced by the other poster that Keita had a starting position in this season's lineup for Rak to take.

happy to have him but he has no offensive game right now.

That was my perception of him coming in, but in the few all-stars games I watched he seemed much more fluid than I was expecting (not that he was an offensive juggernaut by any means). He didn't seem to have much of an edge to him though - I was expecting more of that.

It's definitely not pretty, but Keita doesn't have a pulse on offense outside of setting screens and putting in open looks. Christmas actually has a developing game in that regard, and as for the knock about his motor, it's nothing that can't be fixed. He'll hustle if he wants to play.

I love CJ and think he's in line for some great things, but I don't really see him as a PF except in short spurts. At 203 pounds, he'd get torn apart down low.

I think Rak starts over BMK for a few reasons. First, we are recruiting a lot of high upside bigs, and while it may not be a GOOD message, starting Rak shows those kids what they want to see. Second, BMK is more capable of playing center, so I think his flexibility makes him the best big off the bench of the three.

That said, I only expect Rak to play an average of ten minutes a game, with BMK playing another ten at the 4, and the rest going to either CJ, Joseph, or JS, due to the need to get more offense on the court.

Rakeem starts at PF. I like CJ's spark off the bench. However, CJ won't be able to defend the Alex Oriakhis and Nasir Robinsons of the Big East.

I see Scoop, Triche, Joseph, Fair, and Fab starting. MCW, Waiters, Keita, Christmas, Cooney and Southerland coming off the bench.
At least to start the season. Once the Big East starts, we'll see the 7.5.

I don't see any way we start Rak at PF this year. No way.

The open starting position comes down to Fair and Southerland, imo.

It's just a matter of what JB wants to do with Joseph. Does he want him banging a bit more down low? Which would lead to Fair starting. Or does he want him on the outside more? Which would lead to Southerland starting.

BMK will continue to backup Fab, and may actually play more than him.

Rak will play, but probably in limited minutes behind KJo, JSouth, Fab and BMK, switching between PF and C.

It's definitely not pretty, but Keita doesn't have a pulse on offense outside of setting screens and putting in open looks. Christmas actually has a developing game in that regard, and as for the knock about his motor, it's nothing that can't be fixed. He'll hustle if he wants to play.

I love CJ and think he's in line for some great things, but I don't really see him as a PF except in short spurts. At 203 pounds, he'd get torn apart down low.
The best that CJ has going for him is quikness. It can be to his advantage if he has to play low inside. No one can get up like he can With or without the ball.:cool:

The open starting position comes down to Fair and Southerland, imo.

It's just a matter of what JB wants to do with Joseph. Does he want him banging a bit more down low? Which would lead to Fair starting. Or does he want him on the outside more? Which would lead to Southerland starting.

BMK will continue to backup Fab, and may actually play more than him.

Rak will play, but probably in limited minutes behind KJo, JSouth, Fab and BMK, switching between PF and C.

Freshmen get more minutes if they produce in their early minutes. Jimmy carries a grudge with them. BTW, Is Mookie still on the team and if so why? The kid is a glutton for punishment sitting on the bench his whole career.

we might be able to get away with playing CJ at the 4 early on against much smaller teams, but once conference play comes around i'm not sure he has the size to be able to play there. he's a perfect fit for the 3. I would like to see Rak start. get him some experience right away.