Ray Rice is cut by Ravens. | Syracusefan.com

Ray Rice is cut by Ravens.

you cant tell me that was the first time the Ravens saw that tape. They should have cut him a long time ago

you cant tell me that was the first time the Ravens saw that tape. They should have cut him a long time ago

Agreed. Also, it's my humble opinion that they should have done it even without the additional footage. What did they think happened in the elevator? He tickled her until she was unconcious?

Hmmm. Wonder of the NFLPA will have the guts not to fight this on Ray's behalf. Something tells me they won't...have the guts that is. I bet they ask for lots of money plus.

Hmmm. Wonder of the NFLPA will have the guts not to fight this on Ray's behalf. Something tells me they won't...have the guts that is. I bet they ask for lots of money plus.

This would be a PR nightmare for the NFLPA. I don't think they'll dispute anything .

I honestly believe it was. How else do you explain going from a 2 game suspension to being cut? That's a really drastic step for a Pro-Bowler who is one of the faces of the team. Something changed dramatically.

Agreed. Also, it's my humble opinion that they should have done it even without the additional footage. What did they think happened in the elevator? He tickled her until she was unconcious?
One of the fundamental principles of our legal system is that you cannot presume guilt. Yes, it looked bad, and yes, in light of the new tape Rice deserved what he got. But making an assumption based only on the initial tape would have never held up in a court of law (especially if his wife was unwilling to testify against him).

hahahaha I don't know whats funnier chris brown hitting rhianna or ray rice hitting his fiance and losing his contract absolutely Priceless.:D

One of the fundamental principles of our legal system is that you cannot presume guilt. Yes, it looked bad, and yes, in light of the new tape Rice deserved what he got. But making an assumption based only on the initial tape would have never held up in a court of law (especially if his wife was unwilling to testify against him).

Fair enough. It just seems to me if that was the case, why did they give him the 2 game suspension?

I guess the main point of my original post was that assaulting a woman, regarless of the degree, is something I despise.

Its not funny if you like ray rice or if your a Raven fan but other than that its funny/ hitting women not cool

Maybe what changed is a tape they were told would never see the light of day... Was released to the public.

JoeSU said:
I honestly believe it was. How else do you explain going from a 2 game suspension to being cut? That's a really drastic step for a Pro-Bowler who is one of the faces of the team. Something changed dramatically.

And I'm pretty sure Baltimore didn't punish him at all. The league did.

OrangeTown said:
Fair enough. It just seems to me if that was the case, why did they give him the 2 game suspension? I guess the main point of my original post was that assaulting a woman, regarless of the degree, is something I despise.

hahahaha I don't know whats funnier chris brown hitting rhianna or ray rice hitting his fiance and losing his contract absolutely Priceless.:D

Chris Brown barely paid any price for hitting Rihanna. I'm not quite sure I get the comparison. Unless you don't like Rihanna and think it's funny the event occurred, to her in particular.

I'd bet it is. The police had the video and didn't allow the NFL to view it. Goodell said in his release that he knew a video existed but the police wouldn't allow their staff to view it.

If Goodell couldn't see it, I doubt that the Ravens had seen it.

As to what people thought happened, I assume they thought there was some kind of argument, and hope that maybe she struck first. In reality everybody knew he cold cocked her, but if the video wasn't ever seen by public eye the outrage would have died away.

For the most part this will die away as well. rice will play in the league again a year from now having been "rehabilitated" it just won't be with the Ravens. The public outcry and demand for his head would have "forced" then to cut him eventually, they just did it ASAP.

As for the NFLPA I don't think what the NFL did (extending a suspension after the fact without any "details" being added to the offense) probably isn't allowed. However my guess is the NFLPA wanted this suspension anyways given the extremely public evidence, and as such won't fight it.

As to those unsure if Rice will play again because of this instance, just remember, Vick got another shot, donate Stallworth killed a man and played again. Rice will be fine in that regard.

The best part of this news is that now Rutgers won't be using Ray Rice as a recruiting tool anymore.

I always thought that if you played for the Ravens and your name was Ray, you could get away with murder...

Chris Brown barely paid any price for hitting Rihanna. I'm not quite sure I get the comparison. Unless you don't like Rihanna and think it's funny the event occurred, to her in particular.
Its just funny and I don't care for the ravens thats all

Its just funny and I don't care for the ravens thats all

I'm confused. The Chris Brown incident is funny and you don't care about the ravens OR the Ravens incident is funny and you don't like them.

I'd bet it is. The police had the video and didn't allow the NFL to view it. Goodell said in his release that he knew a video existed but the police wouldn't allow their staff to view it.

If Goodell couldn't see it, I doubt that the Ravens had seen it.

As to what people thought happened, I assume they thought there was some kind of argument, and hope that maybe she struck first. In reality everybody knew he cold cocked her, but if the video wasn't ever seen by public eye the outrage would have died away.

For the most part this will die away as well. rice will play in the league again a year from now having been "rehabilitated" it just won't be with the Ravens. The public outcry and demand for his head would have "forced" then to cut him eventually, they just did it ASAP.

As for the NFLPA I don't think what the NFL did (extending a suspension after the fact without any "details" being added to the offense) probably isn't allowed. However my guess is the NFLPA wanted this suspension anyways given the extremely public evidence, and as such won't fight it.

As to those unsure if Rice will play again because of this instance, just remember, Vick got another shot, donate Stallworth killed a man and played again. Rice will be fine in that regard.

The best part of this news is that now Rutgers won't be using Ray Rice as a recruiting tool anymore.
And on a mostly unrelated note - Plaxico Burress shoots Himself in the foot - does hard time and finds his career basically over. What

I don't want people to take this the wrong way, because as I stated earlier in a different thread, I think ray rice should be in jail and we shouldn't even be talking about a suspension because he should be behind bars. But how can goddell implement a new domestic violence rule (6 game suspension first offense and lifetime ban for second offense) not even a week ago and then proceed to suspend him indefinitely? I mean, why even have these rules to begin with if your not going to follow it? It was hanous and gruesome, and I'm not saying he should get off easier because I believe he should be behind bars. I just don't understand the precedent goddell is trying to send here. Is the suspension based on Ray rice lying to him on top of the domestic violence or what? The more and more this situation is getting out of control, the more I believe it may be time for goddell to step down.