RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt

Its easier then you think, if guys take summer classes you can load up quickly especially with school who have multiple summer sessions. Some schools even offer credits/classes over winter break, so you can get in a lot more classes/credits then say a "normal" student.
Interesting. That's great.
Summer school is the reason. If guys are smart they garner 9-12 credits over the summer sessions.
I thought guys usually took summer classes so they could have a lighter academic load during the season, but yeah, I suppose you could get ahead fast if you play it right.

Its easier then you think, if guys take summer classes you can load up quickly especially with school who have multiple summer sessions. Some schools even offer credits/classes over winter break, so you can get in a lot more classes/credits then say a "normal" student.
Yup and now it's easier to earn credits in advance of enrolling as well for some programs and schools

My cousin had nine credits headed into summer pre frosh first semester, and picked up six more in the summer. He enrolled with fifteen credits and had 27 after first semester, and thirty after winter break.

Did he walk with the seniors either before or after the Pitt game?

Would make sense for Peña to be at RB full-time now. I'm a big fan of his.

Yup and now it's easier to earn credits in advance of enrolling as well for some programs and schools

My cousin had nine credits headed into summer pre frosh first semester, and picked up six more in the summer. He enrolled with fifteen credits and had 27 after first semester, and thirty after winter break.

Yea it’s pretty easy to pile up college credits in HS for some students. AP classes and College courses for HS students. My son went to SU and he entered with 33 credits.

So, it is just me, or do we have some dudes that are graduating really fast?

How are they pulling that off?

I think it's great btw, it just blows my mind.

Kudos to the educational support services that are associated with the athletic department.

Some kids come in a semester early (normally the spring semester of their high school year) which automatically puts them ahead of schedule.

In addition to that, football players are on campus during the summer as part of the strength and conditioning program. As part of that program, a student on scholarship must also be enrolled in an academic program. Syracuse offers at least two summer sessions for students. An athlete can often complete at least two classes each summer.

Finally, the Covid year has given players a free academic year without burning a year of athletic eligibility.

Lutz was a RS-So this season. According to the media guide he was a finance major, which is no slacker degree.

Summer 1
Redshirt season; semesters 1 & 2
Summer program 2
RS Freshman season; semesters 3 & 4
Summer program 3
Covid RS Sophomore season; sem 5 & 6
Summer 4
RS Sophomore season; semester 7

7 full semesters + 4 summers

This is why we are seeing players who have earned their degrees before deciding to move on. I believe I heard Harper had earned his bachelor’s and his masters prior to entering the portal.

I guess this could be a selling point to young men who are being recruited by Syracuse.

Most people don’t realize how little time football players get away from the program.
  • A week or so between spring semester and the first summer program.
  • A few days around the Fourth of July.
  • A week between the summer strength and conditioning program and fall camp. Note: summer classes are still running this break.
  • A month after or between the fall and spring semesters. WHEN the team goes to a bowl game, this is cut down to two weeks.
  • Players are on campus alone during the Thanksgiving break. The same would apply for any time after the fall semester and the team’s appearance in a bowl game.

Yea it’s pretty easy to pile up college credits in HS for some students. AP classes and College courses for HS students. My son went to SU and he entered with 33 credits.
Woof.

I had 15 SUPA credits when I started at BYU.

Could have had more, but the AP US history exam did not go well.

Not sure which posters accused me and others of mass hysteria on transfers but its safe to say the staff hasn't done a very solid job keeping important players in the fold or filling the gaps.
Dinos underbelly isn't looking too good.
Hopefully he turns it around . The Mana is weak .

I teach 3 HS classes for college credit so that’s 9 credits alone before my seniors graduate. You can easily go in to college with at least a semester done. Some colleges will only accept up to 18 credits though, your son got lucky if they accepted all 33.

Good for him. I’m not upset with the player’s choice, I’m concerned our staff isn’t retaining contributors. Especially of the team captain variety.
When the captain leaves its not exactly a great sign.

1638817367819.jpeg

Still has two years of eligibility. Hate to lose him. But I wouldn’t want to be stuck behind Shrader and Tucker for carries either.

Hope he goes somewhere and gets lots of playing time.
As long as somewhere is below FBS

Or it could be a sign that we have no leaders on the team. That too is on Dino but look at our so called leaders that left. Is there any wonder the team was bad?

If he is interested in what Lehigh or Fordham are offering. The other Patriot League schools are predominantly undergraduate colleges.
This is a good point, i don’t know about football but the patriot league in other sports can’t bring in 5th years from other schools because army and navy can’t do it. My daughter plays lacrosse in the league and it’s hurt them versus rest of country loading up on 5 th yr players hitting the portal. The portal sucks , ruining college sports

For those that can do it, it's the way to go. Wish I had been able to do it when I was in college.

For those that can do it, it's the way to go. Wish I had been able to do it when I was in college.

I think you're all crazy.

12 credits a semester, stay full time, go home and work/drink over the summer. Stay 5 years. Enjoy yourself.

Sadly, I walked in with a bunch of credits from HS too. Wasn't as available back in the stone ages, but AP Calculus and a couple SUPA engineering classes.

U Michigan gave my daughter 24 credits. She still stayed for a full 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom