RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt

Are you friggin kidding me. This is getting ridiculous. I hate what the NCAA has turned college football into with allowing players to transfer at any time without having to sit out a year. I don't get why they had to do this.

Hopefully this decision can somehow convince another young talented RB to come here seeing a very wide open shot at playing time in 2023 and beyond.

I dont know, im not glad hes leaving, but i dont think of cooper lutz and think quality depth, i bet we can bring in someone as good or better

I don’t disagree with that. My worry is whether we do. He at least provided solid depth. We may end up having a bigger depth issue next year, it’s a potential huge concern. That also impacts not next year but they year or two after. Especially when talking about the lines. Portal does help that though.

I'd be happy to have 5-6 RB's stashed on the bench.

If one gets hurt, you've got 4-5 more.

Problem is, the guys who are 4,5,6 on the bench won't be happy.

If he graduated and he really is looking for a masters program it makes sense. Otherwise why leave a team that you are the special teams captain and got snaps at rb.
So many of these players think the grass will be greener. A majority of them will learn that is not true. Life lessons.

Are you friggin kidding me. This is getting ridiculous. I hate what the NCAA has turned college football into with allowing players to transfer at any time without having to sit out a year. I don't get why they had to do this.

Hopefully this decision can somehow convince another young talented RB to come here seeing a very wide open shot at playing time in 2023 and beyond.
I have 0 problem with guys who have graduated with eligibility and want to grad transfer somewhere else. They fulfilled their obligation to the school as far as I’m concerned.

The NCAA has turned the whole thing into a cluster by allowing underclassmen to transfer with basically no rules whatsoever.

Wish he was staying, but he fumbled a few inopportune times.
That's all I got to assuage my bewilderment at what is happening to the college football I once knew.
This isn't just a Syracuse problem.

I don’t disagree with that. My worry is whether we do. He at least provided solid depth. We may end up having a bigger depth issue next year, it’s a potential huge concern. That also impacts not next year but they year or two after. Especially when talking about the lines. Portal does help that though.

Dino needs to leverage the portal to the max to upgrade every position; thats my major concern. Hopefully hes doing that.

If he graduated and he really is looking for a masters program it makes sense. Otherwise why leave a team that you are the special teams captain and got snaps at rb.
So many of these players think the grass will be greener. A majority of them will learn that is not true. Life lessons.
Probably to go down a level and get more offense snaps.

We still have Tucker. Injured Hough. PwOs
I mean yeah looking like
Tucker
True Frosh Allen / RsFr Hough
Pena?
PWOs

Just hope Hough didn't lose his power and burst and that Allen is what he appears to be.

Sean workhorsed this year for us.

So, it is just me, or do we have some dudes that are graduating really fast?

How are they pulling that off?

I think it's great btw, it just blows my mind.

Still has two years of eligibility. Hate to lose him. But I wouldn’t want to be stuck behind Shrader and Tucker for carries either.

Hope he goes somewhere and gets lots of playing time.

So, it is just me, or do we have some dudes that are graduating really fast?

How are they pulling that off?

I think it's great btw, it just blows my mind.

Its easier then you think, if guys take summer classes you can load up quickly especially with school who have multiple summer sessions. Some schools even offer credits/classes over winter break, so you can get in a lot more classes/credits then say a "normal" student.

A graduate probably looking for a graduate program where he can also play.

A man with a plan; get you bachelor’s and master’s degrees paid for.
If he has done well academically he could be a monster in the Patriot League.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom