RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt

Always a reason to be a bore.
If Hough doesnt make it back we have one Rb. Which will make for a very boring season so ill give you that

If Hough doesnt make it back we have one Rb. Which will make for a very boring season so ill give you that
Alternatively, it could make for a very exciting season.

Our depth, what ever we had is going bye bye
Justin Timberlake Jt GIF by *NSYNC

The transfer RB is one play away from being the starter. Should be an easy sell. We might need a juco guy as well. I wish Cooper the best.

Agreed, but were up to about half a a dozen positions now that need a multiple player upgrade via the portal ie WR, DL, TE (I assume we need more then 1 game ready guy but maybe not), RB, DT, and potentially CB and or LB depending on additional losses and NFL declarations. Hard to see Babers in a essentially a 6 win or get fired year that every rival staff will be hammering home being able to get all of these pieces out of the portal against a much harder schedule next year. Maybe I am wrong and we will kill it and Babers will get it done but right now this screams disaster.

Agreed, but were up to about half a a dozen positions now that need a multiple player upgrade via the portal ie WR, DL, TE (I assume we need more then 1 game ready guy but maybe not), RB, DT, and potentially CB and or LB depending on additional losses and NFL declarations. Hard to see Babers in a essentially a 6 win or get fired year that every rival staff will be hammering home being able to get all of these pieces out of the portal against a much harder schedule next year. Maybe I am wrong and we will kill it and Babers will get it done but right now this screams disaster.

Which has to start making you question…

Is Babers safe next season even if we don’t get to 6 wins.

To me the writing is on the wall with the transfers etc that Babers will still be the guy in 2023 regardless of what happens next season

Special teams, back up RB, slot receiver

He's a glue guy. You need them on a roster
In today's portal age it'll be real hard to keep guys in backup roles. They'll be okay with one year maaaybe two. But we won't be able to keep upperclassmen in backup roles. People want to play the portal turned this into a player led free agency.

Good for him. I’m not upset with the player’s choice, I’m concerned our staff isn’t retaining contributors. Especially of the team captain variety.
Well said. I agree, hope he lands in a better place elsewhere. I also do not think that this staff can recruit at a competitive level to not only build on the 2022 class of HS athletes but also at the transfer level of athletes. This program leads the nation at the moment in transfers out and has not had the success needed from a recruiting standpoint to build this program and improve past the last couple of years.

Im not saying we are all set. Just pointing out what they obviously need to do. We can be as critical as we want but next year is happening whether we like it or not. There’s plenty of time to replace these guys with players that can help.

Not upset with any grad transfer going to the portal. Just a couple years ago, that's the only way a grad transfer could play.

That's the way I feel as well. Grad students need to go where there is a good grad program for them and once they have graduated they are Orange for life anyway.

Im not saying we are all set. Just pointing out what they obviously need to do. We can be as critical as we want but next year is happening whether we like it or not. There’s plenty of time to replace these guys with players that can help.

Oh its definitely happening its just getting hard for me to see how this ends with 6+ wins which I believe Babers needs to keep his job. A lot of the changes were necessary ie staff shake up etc but the more this plays out the more it seems like Syracuse made a huge mistake in not biting the bullet now and moving or they clearly want to clean house next year once the buyout goes down. John Wildhack is a smart guy, he has to know the chances of this team getting six wins next year right now looks slim and that's probably being kind.

Which has to start making you question…

Is Babers safe next season even if we don’t get to 6 wins.

To me the writing is on the wall with the transfers etc that Babers will still be the guy in 2023 regardless of what happens next season

No I think he needs six wins, Wildhack all but said it. The more you look at it, the more you get the feeling this was 100% financial or more to what Tomcat said about optics and that next year the hammers gonna drop if the team isn't bowl eligible. I can't see how he's brought back for 2023 without a winning season next year unless Buzz Shaw becomes Chancellor.

No I think he needs six wins, Wildhack all but said it. The more you look at it, the more you get the feeling this was 100% financial or more to what Tomcat said about optics and that next year the hammers gonna drop if the team isn't bowl eligible. I can't see how he's brought back for 2023 without a winning season next year unless Buzz Shaw becomes Chancellor.
So basically week 9 or so their will be a change

So basically week 9 or so their will be a change

Not sure they will do it during the season but I fully expect at some point next year Dino will be terminated unless the team gets to six wins. Now obviously if there 5-6 again going into the last game he's gonna be the HC to the end but if they finish 5-7 or worse its improbable that he will be back.

This feels like GRob 2008 all over again. Just delaying the inevitable. It is still kind of shocking that SU pulled the plug on Shafer. It was well deserved but un SU like.

Watch Dino go 5-7 next year but finishes well like 2019. Then we will hear about new O and everyone back next year so be patient.

Last edited:
Alternatively, it could make for a very exciting season.
Sure ... if you're just here for schadenfreude. The portal's been a disaster for us. All the "fun" with this juvenile free-agency (free for all) rule is coming at the expense of a dozen departures (and counting) including talented contributors and badly-needed depth ... on a team that can ill afford to lose either.

Last edited:
This feels like GRob 2008 all over again. Just delaying the inevitable. It is still kind of shocking that SU pulled the plug on Shafer. It was well deserved but un SU like.

What Dino go 5-7 next year but finishes well like 2019. Then we will hear about new O and everyone back next year so be patient.

Agreed, when it became clear a few weeks ago he was back no matter what I said the same thing, this is the classic delaying the inevitable scenario, in collage football bringing the coach back almost never works. London at UVA, Shannon at Miami, Fuentes at Va Tech this year, the guy at Vandy last year, Gill at Kansas, Mora at UCLA etc etc etc. The Beamer and Mcpherson examples are the extreme outliers, Grob is the usual ending for most D1 schools.

Our depth, what ever we had is going bye bye
If TheDino doesn't do well in the Portal its going to hard to make it through the season at DL and RB. Possibly Safety

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom