Class of 2019 - RB Garrison Johnson (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Garrison Johnson (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

"Johnson has also been offered by North Texas, where he was previously committed, as well as Indiana, SMU, Nebraska, Virginia, UTSA and South Alabama. He declined to name a group of finalists, but confirmed that SU is “in the mix.”

Would that leave a scholarship for Cullen?
Yes, for now. That would make the class 21 and the total 85 still counting Shy as returning. There will still need to be some type of movement to take a Grad Transfer and have Shy still have a scholarship.

Unless he has a Heisman contending season he's not going anywhere. RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

I'm not saying he will leave but if he has a good season 1K yards and a 6.2 YPC and NOT knowing his financial situation it could be all together possible. Again, I'm not saying he is but it certainly doesn't take a Heisman contending season for him to leave to make money and reduce the wear and tear as jr4750 said. Yes, he could be thrilled to stay at SU for his senior year, absolutely, and that would be wonderful, I'm am simply stating a possible reason why the staff may take 2 RB's.

We’ve reached a point where a person has barely played a game and he’s already going pro?

He's played for 2 years and a game as he is a junior.

Not trying to take the thread away from Garrison and he would be a wonderful addition to SU.

Linton is still very much in play too.
1548886875244.jpeg

Writing is on the wall...this kid is cuse and dukes is going to clemson.