Class of 2017 - RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers

He visited Rutgers last week

ETA: Rovals now reporting he's deciding between RU and Oklahoma State on Monday. RU is recruiting him as a FB
14m9teh.gif

He visited Rutgers last week

ETA: Rovals now reporting he's deciding between RU and Oklahoma State on Monday. RU is recruiting him as a FB

That Rutgers offense is so bad. Go ANYWHERE else, kid.

A full back?

This thread makes me very, very upset.

Good lord if these are his options then he should think about staying just IMO...

Ugh. Guess he REALLY just wanted to near home, above all else.

Good luck to Gus. Too bad he couldn't go where he wanted. Hope he already has a degree from Miami.
That's one of the caveats of the grad transfer. You have to have finished your bachelor's degree at your first institution before you can move on.

The @Miami crossover timing couldn't work out worse.

It's on a year where we already go to FSU. (And oh by the way to LSU).

And now it's on a year when a senior RB could help us, but can't, because we play the team he's leaving.

1000% of suck.

The @Miami crossover timing couldn't work out worse.

It's on a year where we already go to FSU. (And oh by the way to LSU).

And now it's on a year when a senior RB could help us, but can't, because we play the team he's leaving.

1000% of suck.
And Miami is a lot better now than they have been for years...

Okay real question here: If there was no transfer ban, does Gus 100% come here?

I feel like everyone is upset at something that might not have happened anyway

You can't lose what you never had... I'm not going to cry over spilt milk that was never poured.

I feel like the majority of people are upset over a "what if"... Not a what if he comes here, I think that was a certainty, but a what if he was good here... We'll never know how he'd translate.

Sure, it would've been nice to have a proven commodity for a year... But, you wanna know what? Give me a young guy who can come in and develop and give us 4-5 good years. Depth is bad right now, we'll add somebody or move someone probably.

I think the only thing that really disappoints me is that Gus is not going to have as good of an opportunity playing there under Ash... I'd like to see him succeed and do well, I think he has a much higher probability of doing that elsewhere.

Without checking, I'm guessing that's how Rutgers fans are framing it. I mean . . . you know . . . Rutgers . . . . .

yep, we wanted him, he wanted us. Miami (apparently the AD Blake James, not Richt), screwed us over. It's cool for coaches and ADs to go wherever the hell they please, even rival schools that you are playing the next year, but noooo, not a kid who gave Miami 4 years, is graduating and wanted to play for Dino Babers, instate, since he has a baby now. Rutgers is closer to home so that's great for him, but he wanted SU. I swear, I hope we beat Miami badly, and then we can flip James off. Kinda like in 2011 when ahole Oliver Luck bashed our football program after we announced we were leaving the Big East, then we went out and destroyed them.

Yeah I just wanted sure because obviously I wanted him in orange but if there's a transfer RB that comes here and out performs whatever Gus does at RU then no one is going to be upset at that (just how the 'adults' handled the process)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom