Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

May I sign an NLI before I am certified as eligible by the NCAA Eligibility Center?

Yes. You may sign an NLI before you receive your final certification determination from the NCAA Eligibility Center. When you sign an NLI, you agree to submit the necessary information and documents to the Eligibility Center. These documents do not have to be received by the Eligibility Center before you sign an NLI. Later if you are determined by the Eligibility Center to be a nonqualifier per NCAA rules, this means you are not eligible at the NLI member institution for practice, competition and athletics aid. Your NLI will be declared null and void by the NLI signing institution, if by the opening day of classes, you are not academically eligible.

Ok. So perhaps there is a path. The problem, is if cuse waits, they could be stuck with a scholly , they couldnt use(unless they bumped up a pwo)

Doesn't seem promising.
In theory. But why would the staff take a chance if they can find someone else that could contribute?

In theory. But why would the staff take a chance if they can find someone else that could contribute?
Yeah, I agree. Just trying to see if it's possible for the known info, to somehow be correct.

If they're down to lower level recruits, I wonder if they'd wait, just a little.

4th fastest RB, "instant" change of direction. Put 25 lbs of muscle on him, and I think he's a mid 4 star... Tough one. Against my better judgement, I hope the reports of his demise, are greatly exaggerated.

If he doesn't qualify it will be interesting to see if he stays on track to come to SU after a year of prep or a couple of years of junior college.

If he doesn't qualify it will be interesting to see if he stays on track to come to SU after a year of prep or a couple of years of junior college.
JUCO

JUCO
I'm clueless about these types of details. If he goes JUCO, does that mean his grades were farther behind than if he went to prep school?

I'm clueless about these types of details. If he goes JUCO, does that mean his grades were farther behind than if he went to prep school?
yes,

Generally, if a kid preps, he needs 1 more class. If the kid JUCO's he needs 2 or more. OR he may JUCO to try and raise his stock with P5 teams, and not need any academic work. But from everything I can gather, that isn't the case here.

yes,

Generally, if a kid preps, he needs 1 more class. If the kid JUCO's he needs 2 or more. OR he may JUCO to try and raise his stock with P5 teams, and not need any academic work. But from everything I can gather, that isn't the case here.
Some kids prep for a year to raise their stock. Most who go JUCO have to because of academics.

Some kids prep for a year to raise their stock. Most who go JUCO have to because of academics.
True. One big consideration when doing this is a prep year is considered an extension of high school so it does not start your college clock (5 years to complete 4 years of playing time). Going the JUCO route to get noticed, rather than due to grades, will start your college clock so it is one less year to play at P5/G5 level.

I would imagine if we were getting Mychale the story on Jordan would be that he was opening up his recruitment. There’s a story behind the story on this one. That said, really hope he makes it here this summer. That be awesome!

I thought there was some sort of rule that you couldn't take X number of classes more that count towards your core GPA as a senior, to avoid kids taking a million summer classes to gain eligibility? Am I crazy or is this a rule now?

I have a feeling this kid gets the work done and ends up a late addition around late July.

I thought there was some sort of rule that you couldn't take X number of classes more that count towards your core GPA as a senior, to avoid kids taking a million summer classes to gain eligibility? Am I crazy or is this a rule now?
The fact that he, a senior, is retaking Freshman classes sounds crazy. Has he been at the same high school for four years?

Sometimes prep kids only need to raise their SAT or need 1 class. JUCO kids are usually not qualified on either level, classroom gpa or test scores.