RB position | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RB position

He can suspend them from the team for any reason, but not the school.

Guys don't get suspended for not giving 100% or buying into a system last I checked. But yeah, points for you on technical merit.

...Babers just recently pointed out he still has option offense players in his system. I'm hoping they offer Burrell Neal 2018 jersey kid from pope John stud back .

I saw this quote and wondered which players or which positions Babers was referring to. Dungey can run an option, but he can also run Babers' offense. Babers made Strickland the featured RB. Does he mean Mahoney -- our back-up QB? Or he thinks some of the starting OL or WRs would be better in an option system?

I saw this quote and wondered which players or which positions Babers was referring to. Dungey can run an option, but he can also run Babers' offense. Babers made Strickland the featured RB. Does he mean Mahoney -- our back-up QB? Or he thinks some of the starting OL or WRs would be better in an option system?
Pretty sure he is talking about he Offensive players that where recruited by FHCSS and staff for the option offense we ran.

Guys don't get suspended for not giving 100% or buying into a system last I checked. But yeah, points for you on technical merit.

Sure they do. Guys can get suspended for attitude problems, especially if it's impacting others on the team.

Pretty sure he is talking about he Offensive players that where recruited by FHCSS and staff for the option offense we ran.

Sure -- but which Shafer recruits were tailored for an option offense, and now don't fit well in what Babers is trying to do?

Custis & Enoicy were recruited by George McDonald for his spread offense. Mahoney can run an option attack, but it isn't apparent that any of our other skills players in the current two-deep would be more effective running an option attack. Typically an option attack would want a blocking TE and a blocking FB -- we don't have either on the roster. The best RB in the 2017 class (Pierre) would be an upgrade regardless of the style of offense.

All I can figure out is that Babers wants more speed at WR -- along the lines of the 4 WR recruits in his 2017 class. So, we will see how quickly they have an impact.

Jordan leaving was not on the staff. A lot of kids left this year because of the staff but I 100% guarantee he was not one of them. Yes Jordan showed up out of shape and didn't play much because of that. Jordan went to umass because it was a great option for him and not because he had no other choices. Strickland lost some speed last year because he got real big. He has slimmed down and that speed will be back this year. Moe has put on some weight and will do well. I'm sure the new kids will come in and fill rolls they are planned for but don't be fooled this staff loves Moe and strick will play a lot

I believe he is talking about the oline
I suspect that all will be revealed when we see the 2 deep just prior to the season.

The RB position depends on the o line. Most of the runs with the RB are inside zone. It is REALLY hard to have vision if you are getting blown up within 1-2 steps of taking the hand off. Vision comes in to play when getting to the second level or in designed cutbacks (or having the time for a no designed cut back).

Something to consider before anointing Pierre or putting a fork in strick. Someone had mentioned previously that strick seemed better in the open field which I tend to agree with- think back to those swing passes in the open field w lesters offense. Which to me speaks to his vision. No one has vision when acc caliber DTs are right in your face from the get go.

I expect the o line to be better this year because they are all a year older and more experienced. They were really young last year and still are. But at least now they are a little more seasoned and stronger

Sure they do. Guys can get suspended for attitude problems, especially if it's impacting others on the team.

Sigh. I don't think you guys are following. IF you want to suspend anyone, you can. I get it. IF you want to suspend someone for attitude problems, you can. I get that too.

So he's either a starter with great talent OR he's an attitude problem who's not buying in and deserves to be suspended. What I'm saying is that there is a lot of room between those two extremes. What if his attitude wasn't impacting others on the team or he just wasn't going 100% over spring/summer? Not enough to suspend, but not enough to be the #1 or #2 RB. Keep in mind it was Dino's 1st year too. He may have seen it as a way of showing that he meant guys needed to buy in and competition was for real at all spots on the field. I think this is the most likely scenario when it comes to JF.

Sigh. I don't think you guys are following. IF you want to suspend anyone, you can. I get it. IF you want to suspend someone for attitude problems, you can. I get that too.

So he's either a starter with great talent OR he's an attitude problem who's not buying in and deserves to be suspended. What I'm saying is that there is a lot of room between those two extremes. What if his attitude wasn't impacting others on the team or he just wasn't going 100% over spring/summer? Not enough to suspend, but not enough to be the #1 or #2 RB. Keep in mind it was Dino's 1st year too. He may have seen it as a way of showing that he meant guys needed to buy in and competition was for real at all spots on the field. I think this is the most likely scenario when it comes to JF.

Sigh - you should have explained it that way to begin with. I see your point now.

I'm actually quite confident that Strickland is going to look a lot better this upcoming season.
If there's one thing we've learned from this board over the years, the new high school recruits are ALWAYS much better players than the kids already in the program and they will start from day 1.

If Strickland is much better this season, then the kids coming in are likely better than Leonard Fournette already. Strickland can improve exponentially, but unfortunately we have new recruits and he will never see the field again.

Jordan leaving was not on the staff. A lot of kids left this year because of the staff but I 100% guarantee he was not one of them. Yes Jordan showed up out of shape and didn't play much because of that. Jordan went to umass because it was a great option for him and not because he had no other choices. Strickland lost some speed last year because he got real big. He has slimmed down and that speed will be back this year. Moe has put on some weight and will do well. I'm sure the new kids will come in and fill rolls they are planned for but don't be fooled this staff loves Moe and strick will play a lot
About time someone sets the record straight. People speculate or "assume" ( know that old saying when you assume things). Fredericks is gone and HAPPY. Wish him all the best and Cuse as well. Good luck to all this year. It just sucks Fredericks has to sit a year. The kid is a beast. Look forward to keeping tabs on him next year.

A lot of grey area. I see your point. Well the remaining backs will do well and get the job done. GO CUSE

Bam, you mentioned a while back that Shy might get some reps at RB. Still a possibility?

So, you are just making up scenarios to fit your narrative.

Bam, you mentioned a while back that Shy might get some reps at RB. Still a possibility?
We will see this summer. He was held back until the week before spring game from the shoulder surgery. He wasn't cleared to run till practice started and wasn't cleared for contact till 2 weeks in so he didn't get to show the coaches any thing. He has made it clear he will do what ever the coaches want or need him too. I'm hoping for some blitzing and maybe a kick off return or two. He would love to play offense defense and special teams lol.

I'm hoping for some blitzing and maybe a kick off return or two. He would love to play offense defense and special teams lol.
It's not too much to ask your step-son to be the second coming of Jabril Peppers, right?

It's not too much to ask your step-son to be the second coming of Jabril Peppers, right?
Lol well shy is bigger. I really wish he didn't need that second surgery. That set him back about 3 weeks. Can't wait to get him home in twelve days and get working out with him... besides the 3 year old needs to start working out with us

Lol well shy is bigger. I really wish he didn't need that second surgery. That set him back about 3 weeks. Can't wait to get him home in twelve days and get working out with him... besides the 3 year old needs to start working out with us
What are you waiting for???? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom