Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle every day to not put my ua bc wounded warrior jersey on. I love that shirt hate the school but love the shiRt. I d wear it I'm always afraid someone will post a pic of me in it and you guys would say shy was transferring
You can wear it the day after he is drafted. :D

RW sat right in front of me last year when he was here and he is not a small back by any means, but the kids that are with him in this picture are just big in the most simplistic description I can give. Washington when he was here I just knew he was all orange as the young man wore his own personal Orange and Blue gear and was having fun. The kid is ready built for the position as a Jr. which impressed me the most compared to other kids in years past.
RW is big enough and FAST ENOUGH to be huge here in Syracuse wearing I hope #44. Not giving him the number might well bee the school's dumbest PR blunder ever. A thesis could be written on this topic in public relations.

So he's not transferring, right? ;)
Well I can't make any promises it is a bad ass shirt and they put a cool number on it
image.jpg

I struggle every day to not put my ua bc wounded warrior jersey on. I love that shirt hate the school but love the shiRt. I d wear it I'm always afraid someone will post a pic of me in it and you guys would say shy was transferring
All out of love Bambrewer! Lol.

Well I can't make any promises it is a bad ass shirt and they put a cool number on itView attachment 48565
I saw other pictures of players at this camp, they were all wearing that exact Carolina shirt
Lets pretend that the shirt is Orange for a moment. The ill will that would be created if they DON't give RW this number is almost incalculable. Even if the opening game next year is RPI I think the game would be picked up by ESPN even if its ESPN3

Lets pretend that the shirt is Orange for a moment. The ill will that would be created if they DON't give RW this number is almost incalculable. Even if the opening game next year is RPI I think the game would be picked up by ESPN even if its ESPN3
The opening game is on ESPN3.

Love seeing Washington reppin' the school he verbally committed to.

How sure are we that this guy is serious? Even his twitter profile just references his offers.
Regardless of RW's decision prior to LOI day, the coaches are very happy with Jordan Fredericks Strickland and Perkins. The RBs and their affect on Lester's offense.We have an all around athlete coming in that could be used at RB. When its all over I think RW is Orange:cool:

So, RW was at UNC on Friday for a camp. He's still fully committed to SU, mind you. A Skowt article recently had him quoted saying that yes, he's committed to SU, but obviously keeping options open. That said, he was primarily at UNC because he brought his guy TJ Sanders with him and wanted to try to help get the coaches to notice him. He also told the SU coaches beforehand that he'd be attending, so they were fully aware, this isn't any backdoor stuff.

So to recap: Robert is still fully committed to Syracuse. Trust me on this.

Last edited:
So, RW was at UNC on Friday for a camp. He's still fully committed to SU, mind you. A Skowt article recently had him quoted saying that yes, he's committed to SU, but obviously keeping options open. That said, he was primarily at UNC because he brought his guy TJ Sanders with him and wanted to try to help get the coaches to notice him. He also told the SU coaches beforehand that he'd be attending, so they were fully aware, this isn't any backdoor stuff.

So to recap: Robert is still fully committed to Syracuse. Trust me on this.

I don't want to speak for Jek, or anyone else for that matter, but when this came up, I believe it was explained that as long as the coaches were here, he was coming.

I don't want to speak for Jek, or anyone else for that matter, but when this came up, I believe it was explained that as long as the coaches were here, he was coming.
Correct. So when "options" are mentioned, it's basically keeping things open in case there's a coaching change here. Obviously if Shafer and the staff are gone, he's probably not coming. So it makes sense to me that he'd want to maintain some relationships as fallbacks plans, so that he's not stuck playing at Charlotte or somewhere like that.

http://www.gastongazette.com/article/20150801/NEWS/150809916

Syracuse running back commitment Robert Washington attended the first few minutes of East Gaston’s midnight practice from the track but didn’t participate. Washington, who played the previous three seasons at SouthLake Christian in Huntersville and won two state titles, said he hopes to be cleared by the N.C. High School Athletic Association to begin practicing with the East Gaston football team next week. The senior said he’s already enrolled at East Gaston.

jekelish said:
Yep. And his speed is somehow underrated, I feel. He's been laser timed at 4.47 in the 40, and I expect will only get faster.

That and his ability to add strength. His build looks like a proto-typical RB.

I see a lot talking so highly about Neal (which he is amazing get in his own right and I am not trying to take anything away from Neal), but RDubb is by far the brightest star in this class. He is the type of talent that will open the O up because he is the type of player opposing D's will have to focus their gameplan on. If we have an OL that can open the smallest hole, and a QB who can hit intermediate to deep passes on an average level, watch out. The respect they will have to give him will only make other players, like Neal and Erv, shine brighter. Major NFL potential as a HS player.

Between the last two classes, we are putting some major athletic talent on the field.
Minutes 4:43 and 6:58 ...enough said...

images

Last edited:
He is the best recruit that we have had in over 10 years. He is a game changer.
I'm thinking we have a pair of close friends, one of which is an acclaimed fast & talented bruiser and the other is a faster & more elusive small guy, who want to do great things together at Syracuse. After a lot of thought and analysis, I'm OK with that.

I'm a soft target for optimism, but there is room for belief that we'll be seeing very cool things from that pair in a year or two. Talent driven by passion can make great highlight material. Kids like that will also recruit better than coaches. Talented kids like to play together...and win. I'm also feeling very fortunate to have a basis for optimism. It's been a very good year recruiting so far and I hope we get into that kind of cycle. Winning some games this year wouldn't hurt anything...

Does anyone know where RW is playing this fall?

- It looks like his cousin Aapri Washington is at Mount Island Charter High School and played last night, but there was no mention of him
- There was a report we has transferring to East Gaston High School, but they also played last night and there was no mention of him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom