Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 161 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no word yet on where he is right now, to be honest. It's a bit of a mystery.

Should this freak me out? He kinda needs to be in high school in order to graduate high school ;)
He could very well be in high school. Just because he's not popping up in box scores doesn't mean he isn't at a high school.

An he may not be in NC.
x0P1nENiJBaoNh1-45AeHfPZYdZFY2EXRRXsfo9ynqOzGOI8GuTwZtXLYqhYclY4QjuLxBaB7hiyhGq0XnidiiBWFIIto5bTQPEDVtJYXZKGa40FWHM=s0-d-e1-ft

CuseLegacy said:
And NC is like Texas. We start school next week.

Many of the Charlotte area schools played their 1st games of the season last night.

Geode said:
Many of the Charlotte area schools played their 1st games of the season last night.

Wow, just did quite a few searches of the local papers here in Charlotte and you cannot find a whisper of Washington being mentioned anywhere since his commitment to SU.

Wow, just did quite a few searches of the local papers here in Charlotte and you cannot find a whisper of Washington being mentioned anywhere since his commitment to SU.
Same here.
A local TV station here in CLT has a list of the top players in NC called the Big 22. I was expecting to see RW on it, but he wasn't even mentioned. Moe Neal was on the list, but I was curious as to RW's status.

There was a story the other day that he is waiting approval from the state athletics to play for east gaston. I believe he is enrolled there but because it is out of his district they had to get permission for him to play. He was at their pep rally a few Days ago

There was a story the other day that he is waiting approval from the state athletics to play for east gaston. I believe he is enrolled there but because it is out of his district they had to get permission for him to play. He was at their pep rally a few Days ago

Yes. That can be a problem. They may not let him play this season if that is the case. Honestly I would just rather have him enrolled somewhere and getting his degree so that he can be at SU in January.

Yes. That can be a problem. They may not let him play this season if that is the case. Honestly I would just rather have him enrolled somewhere and getting his degree so that he can be at SU in January.
As long as he is here in January healthy I could care less if he plays this season. Dude has proven his skills and doesn't need to any more. Him taking a season off will slow his development and add rust, but he's still the best recruit we've had in ages. We need him healthy and ready to contribute day one. If he plays this year great, if not oh well. Just get here healthy in January Robert!

One thing I do know is a kid that transfers high schools has a transcript that is very difficult to decipher RE: NCAA clearinghouse requirements.

Not saying RW is a bad student or has anything to worry about - but I am hopeful the staff is helping him along the way with what classes he needs and which ones to stay away from.

One thing I do know is a kid that transfers high schools has a transcript that is very difficult to decipher RE: NCAA clearinghouse requirements.

Not saying RW is a bad student or has anything to worry about - but I am hopeful the staff is helping him along the way with what classes he needs and which ones to stay away from.
Considering he's on track to be a January enrollee I don't think it'll become an issue, but the bright side is that even if it does, he has the entire spring to get things cleared up so he'll almost certainly be ready to go by next fall.

Any news? This seems strange. Hope RW has found a school and can play this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom