Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capt. Tuttle said:
If that is the defining reason a kid would pick Syracuse, then that raises a red flag. Also, the kid (may, if reports are true) is asking for special treatment, before stepping on the field. He is also asking the sthletic department to undo a set policy, to go against its own rules. RED FLAGS

BS. Kid is as humble as can be. And that's why he deserves it - he's not some head case working an angle. The coaching staff brought it up to Strickland - I'm pretty sure they've mentioned it here. Floyd is for it and I'd bet he's "run into" the kid on his unofficial.

And finally - if you see the jersey as special treatment without looking at all of the extra stress and scrutiny (and the history of guys not wanting to wear it due to those things) that it brings - I don't know what to tell you.

There are no read flags. Kid is as high character as they come.

If the kid wants it then I say offer it to him. The football program needs a game changer, something to get over that hump with recruiting. Great players want to play with other great players. This opens the door.

I personally feel like we bring 44 back, but that's just me. And I really hope I'm right, although I have no inside knowledge. RB seems like an amazing kid. I'd give him the number if FL was okay with it. And as if RB isn't enough alone, which he is, he also said he'd help recruit top players to come in with him. Why anyone wouldn't be more than excited about that possibility is beyond me. Kid seems right in line with the types of young men we're bringing in on HCSS watch.

I'm not sure you realize how much of a domino effect Robert Washington could have. From his own mouth, he's got big time players who want to play with him in college, and according to him, they're waiting to see where he winds up.

program changer. a guy we have not had in 15 years.

Could be...but the guy behind him is already on the team when that happens and it also means the number wasn't used as a recruiting incentive for that next guy. I know I am in the minority on this and sometimes on these boards minority = idiot. So be it. I just don't think the number matters much when it comes to recruiting.
Do you follow Syracuse lacrosse?

Not much but I have a feeling you are busting to tell me how Gary Gait's number is used as a recruiting tool.
The 22's have obviously had more recent success but it still helps get top recruits. If the 44 can do that, it's definitely worth taking out of retirement. Recruiting for SU football and lacrosse are a little different but football needs to utilize any advantage it has to bring in big time recruits.

To be fair, that tweet was by a Notre Dame account so of course they will spin it their way.
I actually don't even get the sense it'll be ND, to be honest. I think it's gonna wind up being UNC or TCU, if not Syracuse.

Just my gut feeling, not based on any inside knowledge.

Ugh. This feels like it's gonna break my heart.
If we want to be honest about it, there is nothing about Washingtons recruitment that would make us feel anything other than sick to our stomachs if he chooses to go anywhere but here. He is our next best chance to get momentum going crazy in our program given that he will bring other top recruits with him, will be a monster himself and likely future NFLer. He also has the power to bring #44 back with a vengeance.

Washington is everything we dream about in a single recruit and then some.

Well I have inside knowledge and will sleep like a baby... No stomach ache here
Bam that's not even... You can't... How could you possibly...

Screw it. Washington for future president, make the man our savior

#Restore44

Come on man don't do us like that ... spill it! Or at least PM us :)
Bam, as much as we have talked in the past, and as much as I'm sure you'd like to tells the world what you know, you probably shouldn't even in PMs. None of us want you to get in trouble with the coaches for "spilling" trade secrets. Now that your family is part of the program, we would hate to see your pipeline of info cut off for any reason.

But man what you did is just plain evil and I'll leave it at that.

My takeaway is the coaches at a minimum feel very, very comfortable about their standing with Washington, and with a month or so to go until he announces, that's more than we could hope to ask for.

#Restore44

Libero2 said:
Bam, as much as we have talked in the past, and as much as I'm sure you'd like to tells the world what you know, you probably shouldn't even in PMs. None of us want you to get in trouble with the coaches for "spilling" trade secrets. Now that your family is part of the program, we would hate to see your pipeline of info cut off for any reason. But man what you did is just plain evil and I'll leave it at that. My takeaway is the coaches at a minimum feel very, very comfortable about their standing with Washington, and with a month or so to go until he announces, that's more than we could hope to ask for. #Restore44
So he cant sign his LOI until 2016?

Ok before me pm box blows up I'm not going to give you everything but when I say now is a good time to email the AD I'm not kidding. I pulled a couple of the coaches aside during shy's official and I will tell you there is a meeting set up to discuss restore 44 I think next week. The coaches directly recruiting are very happy with where they are here... Or they were then at least. They have a great relationship with the washingtons. Don't feel down about this... I'm excited after talking to them... Though I'm pretty sure they don't know what to do with me at this point with all the questions I ask them about recruits when I get in front of them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom