Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Libero2 said:
Correct Washington is a 2016 kid, so his signing day will basically be a year from now.
Thanks. Thats a long, long, long, for the wolves to come attack.

Thanks. Thats a long, long, long, for the wolves to come attack.
Bam is absolutely right, his offer list is gigantic. Washington committed to Mississippi State as a Sophmore before realizing it was way to early for him and he hadn't really done his homework.

Last year, Davante Davis committed to us right before he blew up into a major recruit. He hadn't been hit on all sides but every school in America until after later on, and his commitment fell apart quickly. Washington has heard every pitch from pretty much everybody on the college landscape at this point. I would expect that once he announces he will play somewhere this time around (which is supposedly in March) he will keep that pledge unless their is a coaching staff change (ala the Jake Pickard situation that worked in our favor this past cycle).

If you want a refresher on his offer list check the link below just remove the space.

http://247 sports.com/Recruitment/Robert-Washington-22569/RecruitInterests

Ok before me pm box blows up I'm not going to give you everything but when I say now is a good time to email the AD I'm not kidding. I pulled a couple of the coaches aside during shy's official and I will tell you there is a meeting set up to discuss restore 44 I think next week. The coaches directly recruiting are very happy with where they are here... Or they were then at least. They have a great relationship with the washingtons. Don't feel down about this... I'm excited after talking to them... Though I'm pretty sure they don't know what to do with me at this point with all the questions I ask them about recruits when I get in front of them lol.
Well, with that in mind, I decided to post something. If people want to see 44 restored, e-mail the admin. If they don't, well, that's all well and good, and they're entitled to that stance.

http://.com/now-is-the-time-to-restore44/

If you choose to e-mail him, for god's sake, be as polite and respectful as possible. Passionate, not insane.

Well, with that in mind, I decided to post something. If people want to see 44 restored, e-mail the admin. If they don't, well, that's all well and good, and they're entitled to that stance.

http://.com/now-is-the-time-to-restore44/

If you choose to e-mail him, for god's sake, be as polite and respectful as possible. Passionate, not insane.
Did you literally write that piece in the half hour since bam made that post?

Syracuse, Notre Dame, Ohio St. My money is on it being 1 of those 3 schools.

Syracuse, Notre Dame, Ohio St. My money is on it being 1 of those 3 schools.
He's said before he has 6 in mind, and he's visited them all. SU, Notre Dame, OSU, UNC, and TCU are almost certainly 5 of them. Not sure who the 6th is.

He's said before he has 6 in mind, and he's visited them all. SU, Notre Dame, OSU, UNC, and TCU are almost certainly 5 of them. Not sure who the 6th is.

Probably BC. Al Washington is his recruiter, he has visited BC a couple times, and him Mother lives in Boston.

Probably BC. Al Washington is his recruiter, he has visited BC a couple times, and him Mother lives in Boston.
Wait - is Al Washington related, by chance? I see that he's coached at both Elon and NC State, so he's certainly no stranger to North Carolina.

Wait - is Al Washington related, by chance? I see that he's coached at both Elon and NC State, so he's certainly no stranger to North Carolina.

He is an ace recruiter. He pulled that highly rated DE a couple years ago we made a run at. I believe his name was Harold Landry? He is probably BC's best recruiter.

Here's a silly question. Would Robert Washington come to play for SU based on his respect of Syracuse Football history and tradition even if he wasn't offered the revered "44"? I'm just wondering how much of this attention is fan-directed versus importance to Washington in coming here. He seems genuinely interested in SU, at least from a historical/traditional perspective, and has mentioned that respect comes from the great "44"s we've had and would proudly wear that number, but does this jersey number dictate Washington's potential desire to play for Syracuse?

Just a silly question to see if the "44" issue has blown up due to the fan base's desire to utilize anything/everything to get a player of Washington's caliber to sign with Syracuse. Personally, my take is that the program itself is the draw and while "44" is a legacy (that is quickly being forgotten) that brings the Syracuse tradition to light, how we build our program, upon our tradition, is what is likely to get us the "big" recruits in the future.

Oh, and in case you are wondering about my stance on "44", I don't think it should be retired. Not many young players know about what it means and having it retired doesn't help keep the tradition/legacy alive. Maybe put a "44" on shoulder of every jersey or something to keep it alive, but I think it should be visible in some way to highlight our history/tradition.

Here's a silly question. Would Robert Washington come to play for SU based on his respect of Syracuse Football history and tradition even if he wasn't offered the revered "44"? I'm just wondering how much of this attention is fan-directed versus importance to Washington in coming here. He seems genuinely interested in SU, at least from a historical/traditional perspective, and has mentioned that respect comes from the great "44"s we've had and would proudly wear that number, but does this jersey number dictate Washington's potential desire to play for Syracuse?

Just a silly question to see if the "44" issue has blown up due to the fan base's desire to utilize anything/everything to get a player of Washington's caliber to sign with Syracuse. Personally, my take is that the program itself is the draw and while "44" is a legacy (that is quickly being forgotten) that brings the Syracuse tradition to light, how we build our program, upon our tradition, is what is likely to get us the "big" recruits in the future.

Oh, and in case you are wondering about my stance on "44", I don't think it should be retired. Not many young players know about what it means and having it retired doesn't help keep the tradition/legacy alive. Maybe put a "44" on shoulder of every jersey or something to keep it alive, but I think it should be visible in some way to highlight our history/tradition.
He definitely has a strong relationship with our staff, and likes the school in general. There's no question that he'd be considering Syracuse even if 44 wasn't a possibility.

But I do know with certainty that he wants to wear 44 if he comes to Syracuse. It's not necessarily a make or break thing, but it's certainly a consideration.

Dude LOVES Eric White.

He definitely has a strong relationship with our staff, and likes the school in general. There's no question that he'd be considering Syracuse even if 44 wasn't a possibility.

But I do know with certainty that he wants to wear 44 if he comes to Syracuse. It's not necessarily a make or break thing, but it's certainly a consideration.

Dude LOVES Eric White.

Thanks Jekelish - I read that he was interested in "44" but just didn't how how important it was for him to have it if he played for Syracuse. Either way, I hope SU keeps the "44" as part of our program as a 'living legacy' in some form or another, instead of a jersey that's hung up.

Thanks Jekelish - I read that he was interested in "44" but just didn't how how important it was for him to have it if he played for Syracuse. Either way, I hope SU keeps the "44" as part of our program as a 'living legacy' in some form or another, instead of a jersey that's hung up.
Agreed.

And yeah, he does like Syracuse in general, but a big part of the draw is the legacy of 44. He's a massive fan of The Express and loves the legacy that Brown, Davis, and Little created.

If that is the defining reason a kid would pick Syracuse, then that raises a red flag.
Also, the kid (may, if reports are true) is asking for special treatment, before stepping on the field. He is also asking the sthletic department to undo a set policy, to go against its own rules.
RED FLAGS
Yeah character issues -we certainly don't need that. My goodness.

Because I'm certainly not going to ask people to send an e-mail to Dr. Gross and not do it myself, I just sent off a moderately lengthy, passionate, respectful e-mail about the importance of restoring 44, in my mind. Fingers crossed the administration will begin to see, with more e-mails, how important this is to many of the fans.

I spoke a little bit in our NunesPodcast about Robert and 44. I was always against un-retiring the number. But I honestly believe if offering him the 44 makes him say, "yes, 100%, I'm Orange" then you have to do it. He's a once in a lifetime recruit for this program.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/2...-syracuse-national-signing-day-recap-football
How can he be a once in a lifetime recruit for the program when he wants a number worn by a heisman trophy winner, a hall of famer, and perhaps the greatest player ever? A wee bit if hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom