Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifth school. This one was expected. I'd be a little shocked at this point if #6 isn't either Ohio State or Notre Dame. I'm leaning Notre Dame on that one.

Fifth school. This one was expected. I'd be a little shocked at this point if #6 isn't either Ohio State or Notre Dame. I'm leaning Notre Dame on that one.

Yeah...hasn't he visited there like three times?

I think notre dame too. 6 freshman and sophomore rb michigan I think will hurt them. Now if we can just get harbaugh to have one of his melt downs at their spring game...

I think notre dame too. 6 freshman and sophomore rb michigan I think will hurt them. Now if we can just get harbaugh to have one of his melt downs at their spring game...
th

New athletic director might cut this staff loose after the season to hire "his coach"... that would probably hurt our chances to land and/or keep a commitment from Robert (and others) I would think.

That would be devastating to work hard to land Robert Washington and then have him decommit late in the process if Shafer is fired after the season!

Thoughts?

suloyalfan said:
New athletic director might cut this staff loose after the season to hire "his coach"... that would probably hurt our chances to land and/or keep a commitment from Robert (and others) I would think. That would be devastating to work hard to land Robert Washington and then have him decommit late in the process if Shafer is fired after the season! Thoughts?

Too many "what ifs" for my liking.

New athletic director might cut this staff loose after the season to hire "his coach"... that would probably hurt our chances to land and/or keep a commitment from Robert (and others) I would think.

That would be devastating to work hard to land Robert Washington and then have him decommit late in the process if Shafer is fired after the season!

Thoughts?

If Shafer can pull out a half-decent year, then I think he stays regardless who the AD is.

Thoughts?
The most important thing is a good season this year. I have no reason to believe it won't be. Coach brought them to a bowl his first year. Second year injuries were insurmountable. A good season this year and his low payroll keeps him around. His recruiting is top of the line especially if he lands Robert. On the what if list I would say if Robert commits early as he has said and recruits for the team it would be hard to decommit later if coach left. What are you going to say sorry I brought all you here but I'm out? Any of the schools on the list have the same chance for coach turn over. A bad season you out As great season maybe you head to the NFL. It's a very fluid situation anywhere you go. But I see coach being here for a few years regardless.

The most important thing is a good season this year. I have no reason to believe it won't be. Coach brought them to a bowl his first year. Second year injuries were insurmountable. A good season this year and his low payroll keeps him around. His recruiting is top of the line especially if he lands Robert. On the what if list I would say if Robert commits early as he has said and recruits for the team it would be hard to decommit later if coach left. What are you going to say sorry I brought all you here but I'm out? Any of the schools on the list have the same chance for coach turn over. A bad season you out As great season maybe you head to the NFL. It's a very fluid situation anywhere you go. But I see coach being here for a few years regardless.

Unfortunately that's exactly what Zach Allen did a few years ago when Marrone left and Shafer took over, so I don't think anybody would be overly confident until his LOI is signed.

jekelish said:
If we get Robert, Asia, and Aapri, that trumps two Jones brothers.

I realize hes not HS age but I think we should have an always open preferred walk on slot for Johnny Bones Jones. He wasn't much of a player in HS by his own reporting but ill bet with the conditioning hes had and some coaching he could crush it as a DE or LB, he did leave college and his wrestling scholly early to pursue MMA.

So, I had watched Robert's HUDL videos before but realized tonight I had never gotten around to watching his 2014 highlights.

Good god.

I watched the entire highlight reel with my jaw dropped.

He looked great in the other film, obviously...but he looked transcendent in the 2014 video. So fast, so elusive, so strong. This kid needs to be wearing 44 at Syracuse in 2016.

I know that Notre Dame isn't on the top 6 list right now, but there's certainly the possibility they could be #6...well, this can only help us, right?

Tom Lemming ‏@LemmingReport 3h3 hours agoSouth Barrington, IL
The no. 1 RB prospect in Florida Tony Jones JR just committed to ND. The 6' 210 runs a 4.5 avg 12 ypc.@TonnJoness

My gut feeling is that it'll come down to SU, TCU, and Michigan (depending on who the 6th school turns out to be)

I know that Notre Dame isn't on the top 6 list right now, but there's certainly the possibility they could be #6...well, this can only help us, right?

Tom Lemming ‏@LemmingReport 3h3 hours agoSouth Barrington, IL
The no. 1 RB prospect in Florida Tony Jones JR just committed to ND. The 6' 210 runs a 4.5 avg 12 ypc.@TonnJoness

My gut feeling is that it'll come down to SU, TCU, and Michigan (depending on who the 6th school turns out to be)
I'll go one further tcu and SU. Michigan has a boat load of jr running backs.( not to mention an insane coach) I think it would be hard to take the backs out their senior year. Tcu and SU will have the young backs just starting out when RW gets there. 44 will give us the edge but even if that comes back I still worry about tcu.

jekelish said:
I know that Notre Dame isn't on the top 6 list right now, but there's certainly the possibility they could be #6...well, this can only help us, right? Tom Lemming ‏@LemmingReport 3h3 hours agoSouth Barrington, IL The no. 1 RB prospect in Florida Tony Jones JR just committed to ND. The 6' 210 runs a 4.5 avg 12 ypc.@TonnJoness My gut feeling is that it'll come down to SU, TCU, and Michigan (depending on who the 6th school turns out to be)

I'm going to say tOSU will be #6 and it will come down to Cuse and tOSU

I'm going to say tOSU will be #6 and it will come down to Cuse and tOSU
They already have the Kareem Walker committed and another 4 star listed as both a rb and wr depending on the site.

Yeah, Kareem Walker is the main reason I think we have the edge over Ohio State. Robert can come to SU and play right away. At OSU, he's competing with the #1 RB in his own recruiting class, and quick PT is one of the things he's looking for.

Not to say he can't beat out Walker, but the path is a lot more clear at SU to the starter's job.

Yeah, Kareem Walker is the main reason I think we have the edge over Ohio State. Robert can come to SU and play right away. At OSU, he's competing with the #1 RB in his own recruiting class, and quick PT is one of the things he's looking for.

Not to say he can't beat out Walker, but the path is a lot more clear at SU to the starter's job.
Significantly clearer here at SU than any other in his top 6. However, suffice it to say, evidence suggests we are furthest away from a title (of any kind) than the rest of his top 6. I don't know how much winning matters to him, but it still has to be a consideration for any highly competitive kid.

I still think we are in exceptional shape with him. But man the closer we get to announcement day the more nervous I'm gonna be. Just gotta have faith family wins out over all else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom